Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

How Do You Relieve Gout?

NickelParker

Reaction score
Does Someone Know a Cure for Gout?

This is craZY! I understood only older folks had gout. I'm way too young! And it hurts like ****.

Much appreciated. Will anyone provide any working remedy for gout?

amoka

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I had this last year and the feeling is not good at all. Did couple of X-ray and even MRI hoping something will be found and removed but nothing was found. Then I started doing research on the subject and realized that the cause of it is an excess protein in the body so I stopped eating anything protein related and started adding lime to all that I drink. It stopped but I am not sure if it was because of the change in diet or it simply stopped because it had no other choice. So, now I miss my twice a day chicken breast but I'm free of the excruciating pain.

Fuglydude

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Gout is a disease that stems from inadequate uric acid metabolism... which in turn comes from issues w/ nitrogen containing compounds called purines (a part of DNA/RNA). The uric acid can settle into joints and induce inflammation.

Typically you'll see xanthine oxidase inhibitors given to reduce the production of gout (stuff like allopurinal). Colchicine, which is an anti-motility agents for neutrophils (small white cells) is also used.

Most people can manage it w/ a combination of pharmacological and dietary and lifestyle modifications. Things that control inflammation will help. These include ice, NSAIDs (stuff like ibuprofen), resting the area will help.

CarlitosWay

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Fuglydude said:
Gout is a disease that stems from inadequate uric acid metabolism... which in turn comes from issues w/ nitrogen containing compounds called purines (a part of DNA/RNA). The uric acid can settle into joints and induce inflammation.

Typically you'll see xanthine oxidase inhibitors given to reduce the production of gout (stuff like allopurinal). Colchicine, which is an anti-motility agents for neutrophils (small white cells) is also used.

Most people can manage it w/ a combination of pharmacological and dietary and lifestyle modifications. Things that control inflammation will help. These include ice, NSAIDs (stuff like ibuprofen), resting the area will help.
Wouldn't megadosing with fish oil/omega 3s help (8-15 gs a day)? I would think so also.

honeyshark

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
NickelParker said:
Does Someone Know a Cure for Gout?

This is craZY! I understood only older folks had gout. I'm way too young! And it hurts like ****.

Much appreciated. Will anyone provide any working remedy for gout?
You are an alcoholic. Treat your alcoholism and it will go away. Good luck!

Fuglydude

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
CarlitosWay said:
Wouldn't megadosing with fish oil/omega 3s help (8-15 gs a day)? I would think so also.
Ya you would definitely think so wouldn't you... as you know, omega 3's have potent anti-inflammatory properties... pre-cursor for anti-inflammatory eicosanoids like PGE2. I'm not sure how dosing would work though. I strongly believe omega 3 dosing is a highly individual thing based on individual stresses, lifestyle, genetics, etc etc... However, I'm one of those guys that believes when it comes to omega 3's, more is always better! I personally take around 3-4 g/day of actual EPA/DHA... do flax too, but don't keep accurate track of it.

I'm not a rheumatologist, but I think gout stems from uric acid crystals at the hyaline cartilage having a highly pro-inflammatory effect. I think regular generous omega 3 supplementation would be a great preventative strategy... as for prevention of acute inflammatory events, I'd go w/ the pharmacological route/ice to achieve more rapid relief. I'm not sure how effective huge doses of omega 3's would be to quell the acute inflammation that arises during gout. Increasing omega 3's would undoubtedly help the overall clinical course...

In short... I have no idea, but I'm just guessing!

Create Reality

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Plenty of water, and avoiding the Rich People's foods (stuff high in purines like most proteins) look it up

Atom Smasher

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Google "Alka Pro". It is an acid neutralizer that you put into your drinking water. It alkalinizes the water and helps to rid the body or uric acid. I found it to be very effective against a very stubborn case of gout that lasted 6 weeks.

Scaramouche

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Dear Nickel,
try six cherries in any form every day,my mate does and it really helps....No one understands why but it helps,it was written up in the Lancet no less....I live in the Gout capital of Australia,due to the acid soil...Check your acidity levels,if you reduce these the pain will drop...be extremely careful of anti inflammatories they are bluddy dangerous taken long term.