How do you react to the 'boyfriend' drop

Lozboss

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey DJs,

Rereading the rational male and came across the use of the 'boyfriend' dropped into conversation as a pre emotive rejection.

Not interested in those responses who say - turn it around.

How do you remove yourself from conversation without looking butthurt but making it known she will get no more of your attention?

Say for example a house party situation.

Thanks in advance

CuddleJunkie

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Maybe play the beta persona. "I'm not surprised you being so nice", blablabla, get someone else into the conversation or get you and the girl into another conversation so you can proceed from there.

Also, I would compliment on her personality and not looks.

Maximus Rex

Banned
Reaction score
If you don't want to turn it around, as soon as the boyfriend is menrioned walk off.

Reykhel

Banned
Reaction score
If you don't want to turn it around, as soon as the boyfriend is menrioned walk off.
Exactly, simple as...

"Well, nice talking to you...." smile and a little touch on the arm, near the elbow...

"Well, talk to you later....."

"Well, have a good night, yeah.."

"Well, gotta mingle........see ya"

Lozboss

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah.

My instinct is to just walk away- however what about collateral damage?

Eg. Other people/HBs noticing and thinking you're an ass etc

Alvafe

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah.

My instinct is to just walk away- however what about collateral damage?

Eg. Other people/HBs noticing and thinking you're an ass etc
what you expect?she will stop the party get a mic and tell everyone you stop talking with her when she mentioned she have a bf?

people think you are an ass? why care? that wouldn't happen and if did and people mention it you just laugh and don't even bother to answer

Kelvin

Reaction score
I would have said something funny and continued with the convo.

parkthebus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I would say if you had a true abundance mentality you wouldn't mind and if she was decent conversation you could stay and enjoy the moment for a bit then say you gotta get a drink or something and go speak to others. If she tries to come with or seems upset return to it later.

fastlife

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Rereading the rational male and came across the use of the 'boyfriend' dropped into conversation as a pre emotive rejection.
More sh1t test than rejection depending on how attractive you are. She may just be disqualifying herself from a serious relationship with you and making sure you're the real deal, the guy she can sleep with tonight without you being weird and blowing up your phone the next morning. The only rejection is that she removes herself from your proximity.

"You can introduce me to him sometime." Smirk, keep talking for a few minutes, excuse yourself. Kill three birds with one stones--sh1t test passed; if it's rejection, you handled it smoothly; if she really has a boyfriend you're the cool guy who respects him.

wifehunter

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Start talking to the girl next to her.