how do you play this one?

lamobatsman

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
girl i have been texting. tallking every day. then dont hear from her for a couple of days.

text convo:

me: hey havetn heard from you the last few days. have tried writing to you
her: sorry been busy at work etc
we chat for a bit bla bla bla. i tell her im making dinner for a friend tonight then off to see a film

next day:
her: how was dinner?
her: whats going on? everything ok? (day after)
her: hmm ok( 15 hours after)

dvjackson

Don Juan
Reaction score
So you're ignoring her as punishment for not texting you for a couple days? You're a man, you shouldn't need constant attention from her. Does a brief pause in her attention really bother you so much that you feel the need to re-establish your dominance?

Plus if she's smart she'll catch on to what you're doing and you might look childish.

lamobatsman

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
dvjackson said:
So you're ignoring her as punishment for not texting you for a couple days? You're a man, you shouldn't need constant attention from her. Does a brief pause in her attention really bother you so much that you feel the need to re-establish your dominance?

Plus if she's smart she'll catch on to what you're doing and you might look childish.
true but u cud ask her the same questions. if i dont reply to her within a day she gets the hump lol

Night-hawk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Texting is petty. Make the face to face happen.

Die Hard

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
lamobatsman said:
This was very weak. Basically, you're saying: "I miss you, I need you, please contact me?".

If she acts distant, you have to show her that it doesn't faze you. But you did the opposite, you showed her that you need her. And that gives her all the power, and makes you less attractive to her...

By the way, am I correct in assuming that you have been texting with this girl day after day, without ever seeing her in real life? That would be pathetic, and I do mean that in a constructive way, not to talk down on you.

A MAN makes things happen! Text conversations do absolutely nothing for you, do they? You want to see her, touch her, laugh with her, look into her eyes, interact with her (I mean REALLY interact with her!), kiss her, and eventually FVCK her. Texting only serves as a means to that end. Sure, it's nice to get attention from her and that's what her texts do for you... But you have to look beyond that and aim higher. MAKE THINGS HAPPEN!

It might be too late for you to make things happen with this girl after the way you acted with her, but you should strive to do things differently with girls in the future, regardless.

Uncharted

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Night-hawk said:
Texting is petty. Make the face to face happen.
Your next text should be something along the lines of

Meet me on xxx day at xxx pm for drinks.

Or just call her and ask her out. If she flakes or is vague, don't talk to her for a week or two. Then try again. If she doesn't meet you again, nexty-mcnext a lot.

cordoncordon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
So you go from texting everyday/then texting her wondering why you haven't heard from her (which obviously means you miss talking to her) to........not responding to any of her texts after she texts you?

You do realize how psycho this looks right? I mean there is such a thing as playing little games to increase IL, and there is such a thing as playing games that make a person (her) realize just a completely immature and childish person you really are. Any sane and rationale person would lose IL after something like that as if dropping off a cliff. She knows you are 'punishing' her for not getting back to her sooner.

Are you a busy man with lots going on or a wuss with no life who depends on others to make you happy?

mikey2012

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
lamobatsman said:
girl i have been texting. tallking every day. then dont hear from her for a couple of days.

text convo:

her: sorry been busy at work etc
we chat for a bit bla bla bla. i tell her im making dinner for a friend tonight then off to see a film

next day:
her: how was dinner?
her: whats going on? everything ok? (day after)
her: hmm ok( 15 hours after)
You fvcked up by saying you haven't heard from her etc etc etc . Makes u look needy . Lowers you value

But you did the right thing by ignoring her the next day.

The key is mirroring . If she takes a day to reply do the same. She's playing games with you. No one is ever that busy not to return a txt if she really liked you or thinking of you.

I should ignore until she comes begging

Mike32ct

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Eastern Time Zone where it's always really late
I think you went from one extreme to another.

First, you were guilt-tripping her about not texting you which can come across as weak.

Then you flat out ignored her say 3x, which is being a $&@&.

If you just wanted to re-initiate contact, a simple "Hey whatcha doin?" Or "Hey how are ya?" would have been fine.

Just like in person, the opener is not critical.