Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

How do you let go of past regrets v. girl I liked million years ago

akus

Reaction score
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As some of you know or may be not, I was born in Russia and left the country when I was 14 years old. When I was in Russian school, there was a girl in my class that I started to like. Back then I was very shy and paranoid. I was bullied and beat up on a lot and was afraid of everybody, so coming to her and telling her that I like her was completely out of the question. Imagine a Russian version of McFly from Back to the Future, that was me only amplified.

After living here in States since '92, I have finished high school, grew up and moved on. I have no girlfriend and have never been involved with anyone in any way, let alone a serious one. Yeah, I am here to admit it, I have no game.

That isn't the point of this thread though. Once when I was bored, I began wondering what happened to all those people I have last seen in summer of 1991. I still remembered Anya's smile (that was the girl I liked). It was sweet and charming and you would give a world to have her smile like that again and again. I found www.odnoklassniki.ru, a Russian version of classmates.com and started looking for some people. I found this guy and that guy and lo and behold. I found Anya.

I expected, of course, all of my former classmates to be different from how I left them. But it was truly shocking to see how different they were. Almost every single one of them was a husband/wife and a father/mother. Anya was no exception. She was married and one picture of her showed a very happy mom with a 4 year old girl (or roughly that age) and a 1 year old boy.

I was so moved by that pic and by the general fact that she is happy with that man that she loves and she has two children by him and she is just happy that I started crying. I was insanely happy for her. Did I mention that she still has that charming smile that made me weak in my knees and still does?

I think about 13 year old Anya, some things she did, a corner she ran by here, stair she went up there. I keep replaying how she would turn around talking to someone with that bright smile of hers. I keep hearing some of her words. I keep replaying and replaying all those moments millions and millions of times. That guy she is with, I wanted and want to be him.

I imagined how she grew up, how she went out with a couple of guys, how she found THE ONE guy to whom she gave her soul on a wedding day and a body on a wedding night, how she probably cried when handed her first new born, how she does all these different things and the fact that I was absolutely no part in that what so ever made me :cry: again.

The emotional side of me longs for her.

The rational side tells me that it's a dead end. Now that she is married and with kids, we aren't no will we ever be together as anything, let along a couple of two people deeply in love. Even if she wasn't taken, the fact is, even though we don't live on different planets, we might as well have. Even if I returned to Russia, would our relationship seriously have lasted if the "glue" for it is "hey remember I liked you a lot when you had no tits and I had no pubes"?

I need to move on, but I don't know how. Just about ****ing everything reminds me of her. Today I had a short temporary assignment at JCPenney and sure enough, my coworker's name was Elsa. Elsa was Anya's dog that I saw her play with (remember all those moments I keep replaying in my head).
I don't want to forget her, I want to come in terms that yes I, Akus, have feelings for her, but she moved up and moved on and she is a goner. I need to move on, too and find some other girl to like.

I named this thread "How do you let go the past regrets?" because I felt that I have squandered many opportunities in my youth. I am 31 now, by no means am I a senior citizen, but I am only now learning about mating, dating and whatever else what most people have learned in their twenties and teens. I was a ****ed up kid and did a lot of ****ed up things. I could have been a better student and just overall a cooler guy back then and may be even could have gotten with her romantically. No sex or nothing, I mean come on, we were only 13 at the time. So Anya was one of those opportunities I missed out on and now will never ever make up because she has moved on.

How do I move on? How do I not let what-might-have-beens run my thinking 24 hours a day. I swear to God, every time I think of her, which could be triggered by anything at all, the regrets are eating me raw.

I have made peace over other girls that I loved enough to kiss the ground they walked on damn near literally. But this one is different. This has to do with Russia and my past there. She is a piece of my childhood, which, while far from picture perfect for many reasons, was still, in many ways, innocent and sunny and childlike and :( . And that piece being gone is another reason I sometimes cry. Imagine the real life Wonder Years, only Anya, unlike Winnie Cooper, would not look at me or talk to me or let me talk to her without some kind of a gross out disgust.

Please help me escape.

PS. I will gladly answer any questions if you feel important details are missing.

slaog

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Have you been thinking about her all this time? Maybe she represents the happy feelings of your past when you think out her.. I'm not a psychologist though so just guessing.

The thing you need to do is accept she's gone and stop dreaming about her. There are other Anyas out there but you're not looking very hard I presume. Concentrate on bettering yourself and realise there are millions of women out there for you..

akus

Reaction score
slaog said:
Have you been thinking about her all this time? Maybe she represents the happy feelings of your past when you think out her.. I'm not a psychologist though so just guessing.
I have been occasionally thinking about her and wondering what happened to her, but it is upon seeing her now, something strong and passionate has awaken in me. It's like it layed dormant all this time and then poof, it rose up and exploded inside me.

slaog said:
The thing you need to do is accept she's gone and stop dreaming about her. There are other Anyas out there but you're not looking very hard I presume. Concentrate on bettering yourself and realise there are millions of women out there for you..
I thought I have stressed that already in the original post. I know we will never be a couple, she is gone forever. I am just trying to get help getting over her. That's what my question is.

Desert Fox

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
See a therapist. I sort of see myself in your shoes...kind of. Makes me afraid I'll turn out like you in a few years.

See a therapist...or go bang a girl that looks like her and get rid of your emotions for her.

Jitterbug

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You're obsessing about her since she's the one female who's been that close to you. It's your only experience with being intimate (however tame that was) with a woman. You'll forget her quickly when you get some experiences under your belt with other females.

jophil28

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Desert Fox said:
See a therapist. I sort of see myself in your shoes...kind of. Makes me afraid I'll turn out like you in a few years.

See a therapist...or go bang a girl that looks like her and get rid of your emotions for her.
Yeah .you could waste a lot of money on therapy or counseling - its mostly hocus pocus. You could see Dr Feelbetter every Thursday and part with $200 every week to contribute to his Beamer payments. You could talk about your "feelings" ad nauseum and get nowhere OR you could get off your ass and go approach a few random women and get some emails and digits. The idea is to elbow out your "feelings" for this Anya from the past by replacing her with a real life chica who deserves your time and affections.

Dude, you just got to DO something to help yourself find a great woman ( or any woman who has a pulse will do to get you started )

I call this "Replacement Therapy"..and you will never get a bill from me for this advice.

slickaz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
dude..i moved countries alot when i was a kid..
and i can see where you're coming from..but not to that level..
i mean when i was 12 i used to have this girl at Church that was a "friend" but to this day i wish i could find her and see how she is..

but <not offending you here> it seems as though you're a bit obssessed about her. maybe the other guy here is right, you relate your happy feelings from that age <which is a very impressionable age> to her smile. because at that time..everything sucked for you <school, bullying, beaten up> but her smile cheered you up.

its like relating it to a coke addict..happy feelings when you think of tthe last time they was high on it...so they wanna do it again..i guess...

i would say, think rationally, we're men, we were made the better half because we can think rationally, sometimes.
this is one of those times..think about other stuff..or do other stuff that will intro you to other girls.
watch the movie - Just friends with Ryan Reynold.i was watching it couple days ago on TV..your situation reminds me of the movie..lol.
good luck dude..seriously..grow out of it and harden up..

akus

Reaction score
slickaz said:
....but <not offending you here> it seems as though you're a bit obssessed about her......
No offense taken, I am obsessed and I need to get over her. I have somewhat reached a closure with her, but no quite there yet, so more advice on how to move on is welcome......

akus

Reaction score
020204 said:
This involves really thinking outside the square. inergametappingchannel/ youtube or innergame.com has a workshop which involves a process called tapping to release past experiences. The ex-girlfriend clense is about 40 minutes long and involves going back over past memories and erasing painful emotion it is useful for getting rid of "oneitis'' as well. Very powerful technique. You do need to be open minded and persistance.:up:
I have no idea how to search inergametappingchannel/ youtube on youtube and innergame.com doesn't exist....

-HPNOTIQ-

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
That is some serious case of One-itits with a mix of regret of your past and a dash of possibly not enjoying your career/life at the present.

You need to let go of the past and start focusing on the things you do have rather than the things you don't have. She's a million miles away...with a family...let it go.

The best cure for an ex-love is a new love. Honestly, if you were dating Anna Kournikova right now, do you really think you'd be lusting over a girl from your past? Live your life right now! I'm 31 years old as well, and there's SOOO much out there its ridiculous!! And I'm not just talking women. I'm talking career..travel..health..and yes, women!

Go out and live a little. Meet new women. Meet new men. Meet new men and women. Join a singles meet up club like events and adventures. Join a Russian young professionals club. Learn to salsa dance. Travel. There are a billions of people in this world....do you really think you were meant to be alone? HELL NO! Focus less on women, and focus more on yourself.

I wanna grab you by the shoulders and shake you up!!!! haha!!! LIVE LIFE MAN!!!!!!!!!

BeyondCharm

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
One of the most proven ways to let go of regrets is with the help of a higher power. When we see ourselves as being the biggest, baddest thing in the universe, and yet we cannot control our own emotions, regrets or life, then we start to feel hopeless. Hopelessness is a good sign that you are ready to accept that there is a power greater than you at work in this world. This power does not have to be the same power I have faith in. It can be a higher power of your own understanding, so long as its something you can put your faith and trust in and ask for help to be free of anger and regrets.

Writing is also a proven method at helping the healing process. Listing why you are resentful/regretful ie. the cause, how it affects you, and what your part was in the situation is a good way to get it out of your head and onto paper. Good luck.

SoCalMike

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Work on improving yourself - as others have said.

Your career, fitness, new look (clothes, better hairstyle), and get into a creative hobby, such as music, painting, writing, whatever. Focus on your life, women must complement it, not be the focus of it.

If you're really horny, you can hook up with fat chicks on craigslist. LOL

Reaction score
Akus,

To me, something must be very wrong and unsatisfying about your life for you to long after bliss long gone so.

You'll never get that particular bliss back, with that girl/woman. You're placing far too much value on it as well. What's past is past, you cannot bring it back.

There, all the clichés I knew. Nothing new from what others posted. Neither is this: Work on yourself. Your life. Make it great again. Do what you love. You'll find another girl who will give you this happiness. But also: Look for that happiness within yourself first, or you'll ALWAYS be dependent on others for it. That is guaranteed the highway to ruin.

That's about all I can say with others having said so much already.

Read up on the forum. Read up on the bible linked at the bottoom of every page. Take it from there to work on yourself. Good luck. :up: