Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

how do you guys study

Reaction score
I've got a sh*t load of tests to do tomorrow and I really need to study. and Im curious as to how you study and how much time you take to study normally.

LittleBigOne

Don Juan
Reaction score
You have tests tomorrow and you ask how to study? Well, first of all, you started too late!
I suggest you start at least a week before you have the test and do it in small peaces. Skip the parts you understand and repeat everyday the stuff untill the day before the test. Devide the stuff you have to learn in small pieces. Don't study just before or after dinner. Maybe early in the morning (short) before the test. Also small tip: if you study below a light, do not put the studybook in your own shadow, that lurks more concentration.
For good results REPEATING is the key!

mpimpin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Two words... Cheat Sheat... of course this doesn't help too much in math related situations But for everything memorization ....

flippinfreak

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
make an mp3 player with answers and listen while your in class

say it's one of your studying techniques to listen to music and hearing the sounds is a type of association for memory.

mpimpin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Write on a waterbottle label the answers then put the label back around the bottle. Take the bottle with u the answers are magnified by the water inside.

dannowillbookem

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
i used to have a pen that actually had six inch by eight inch doublesided white piece of tarp like material that you could write on with pen and rub off. it would roll out of the side and u couldnt tell it was there when it was in.

now i just have aderroll.

Skilla_Staz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
mpimpin said:
Two words... Cheat Sheat... of course this doesn't help too much in math related situations But for everything memorization ....
I wouldnt take tips from anybody who can't spell Sheet.:D

Secondly, it's proven that cramming for a test does you very little good. You should've started this stuff about a week ago, doing a little, and then expanding everytime you studied. It's got to do with the whole nervous system memory mumbo jumbo. everytime you learn something, it 'stores' it. Over time, repetetive usage builds "strong" path ways(the random firing of these neurons or whatever in your deep sleep cause dreams, and that is why they are often random and wierd as hell). As you know, babies arent as strong as seasoned powerlifters.

Or do what I do. Listen to what the teacher says, pretend like you don't care. Don't study. Don't do HW. Ace the tests.:rock:

Gus

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Double dose of Ritalin + Caffeine = Einstein.

Skilla_Staz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Or Michael J. Fox

OfficeSpace

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Just cheat if you can't study... That's how I have got through since 6th-10th grade... I'm starting my Junior year in 1 month (Philippines schedule).

Make a little cheat sheet, but use a computer to make it for you. No matter how small you can write, the computer can do it smaller and neater.

Just get into a word processor and type as small as you can read. I like to also have a piece of tissue handy, so if a teacher comes by, gather the piece of paper and tissue, and blow your nose into it.. and She won't even think of going to check out your gross piece of tissue!

Another way is writing certain hard to remember words onto your desk for reference, then erase after you use it. Our school administrators try to cut down on cheating, so we take tests at special testing tables, but we get to take our chair with us. So naturally I write on my chair and move my legs so I can see the answers.. rofl!

If you wear eyeglasses, take your eye glass case with you and write on it with the load of your pencil. you should just barely be able to see the lead reflecting off of the plastic when the light hits it. And all you do is rub it quickly with your hand after done taking the test. I used this technique with my math calculator when taking a math exam. Helps me so I don't have to waste my time memorizing those stupid formula's I'll never use anyways.

There are so many ways to cheat. but remember, if you get caught. NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, admit to it. No matter how obvious it was that you cheated!

strams4ever

Don Juan
Reaction score
This is going to sound crazy but for some tests, I get on the computer, type up a cheat sheet in size 6 font, and put it INSIDE a clear pen, the kind they have at the doctors that have all the prescription drug names on them , because those are usualy pretty fat. Usualy you can fit the paper equivalant to a 3X5 notecard in it, which in 6 font.. is alot of info. cheers

Keeper

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
At age 19 he might not be in highschool anymore. If you can't cheat because there's just too much material, hit the books, pick out the most important bits and summarise it all onto pad, as notes. Then stay up as late as you can studying those notes.

Get a double coffee tomorrow morning. :)

Edit: Or bang your teacher/examiner.

il_duce

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Another method I used to use back in the day was...get one of those big pink or white erasers, and write stuff really small on them. Also, if the test is math related, bring with one of those calculators that have a case, and tape some paper w/ info to the inside of the case. Or also do that clear pen trick that was mentioned before.

There are many more ways to cheat, you just gotta be creative.

djbr

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The guy asked about ways to STUDY.

Most guys gave advice about CHEATING on tests.

I love this forum =)

Chillisauce

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
For univeristy/college essay type exams the trick is to steal the paper/booklets they all seem to use in a previous exam (easy enough, just ask for another one to write a better copy). Then go home and write out your notes for the probable essay questions in a format that looks like paragraphs (in a barely legible handwriting helps).

Find a way to smuggle it in without folding it, either the whole booklet or just a few pages. To do this you can put it under your shirt being held in place by your belt, wear a jumper to hide the slightly irregular shapes.

when you sit down for the exam the first thing you do is pull the staple out, letting the 20 or so pages cover the table, work on a couple of the questions for a while and then let a few pages fall to the ground.

Bend down and collect them and remove your notes without being seen by the supervisor, place your notes with your other loose sheets which have the same format, line spacing and all that :).

Now they've got no way to prove you cheated and you can openly work on it.

I havent actually used this because my goal at university is to learn :eek: , but my friends have used (and some still are) to great success. It gets alot harder to do if your college uses different colored paper for different exams, but academics seem to love everything being uniform. We have a few other effective methods, but i'd rather they didnt become mainstream till AFTER we finish.

Chillisauce

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Oh, and i spose you could just cover your content writing notes as you go and asking questions at the end of each chapter. But that sounds pretty boring.

OfficeSpace

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
djbr said:
The guy asked about ways to STUDY.

Most guys gave advice about CHEATING on tests.

I love this forum =)
Haha, we provide only the best info bro! ;)

I didn't realise so many people cheated.. And I thought I was one of the very few.. lol

Morphiex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
hey ive had like nine exams this month , and just yesterday i had a exam in religion , a 400 page book to read , and i ofcourse waited till the day before the exam to read , yeah i got a b and i only read for about three hours , but i know if i would have atleast taken three days before to read it i would have gotten a A in that class..... but heres something i learned : when your finished readiing a chapter only about 30 % of what uve read u can remember rest of it is gone , so you need to reread the chapter ones again to ensure that u get the important stuff crammed into your head.....