How do you guys handle it when girls ask you for help

Reaction score
hmm this chick from my english class whose number i got last week just texted me convo so far is:

Her: So I have a favor..
Me(30 mins later): how nice of you to offer to help me :p
(1 min later) Her: No can you help me!

So i know women are supposed to do men favors not the other way around, how should i handle this? Am thinking of asking her what she will give me in return, she did send me an earlier assignment she did to help me when i got her number originally. I didnt ask for it either. She also told me i look just like Paul Rudd from I Love You Man, which is true, I see the resemblance. Suggestions welcome..

Last edited:

DonJuanit0

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Her interest lvl is high? Maybe she just wants someone to do her assignment for her! Be carefull...

I would say, it's a pity that I am a little busy and I can't help you, but I'll let you know when I want my favor done, don't worry :)!

If she's interested she won't be dissapointed, if she only wanted her assignment done, she might never talk to you again! :p

Desert Fox

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Here is what I'd do in this situation. I'd ask myself the following:

1. Do I have time?
if yes, go to #2. if no - say "I'd love to help you, but I'm just so busy with my own stuff right now. Maybe next time when I'm less busy."

2. Do I even know this person?
if yes - go to #3. no - say "I'd love to help you, but I'm just so busy with my own stuff right now. Maybe next time when I'm less busy."

3. Does this person speak to me only when they want something?
if yes, say "I'd love to help you, but I'm just so busy with my own stuff right now. Maybe next time when I'm less busy."
if no, go to #4.

4. Do I have something to gain either now or in the future by helping this person?
if yes, help them.
if no - say "I'd love to help you, but I'm just so busy with my own stuff right now. Maybe next time when I'm less busy."

The reason I let them down that way is because image is important and you want to maintain a friendly image, even to people who try to use you. Plus you never know when you may need them in the future.

Reaction score
forgot to mention she sent me this in response to my bit busy text "not now. Tomorrow."

I havent replied yet, was just gonna let it slide, may take your advice and use that though.

ive been busy with this group assignment thats due tomorrow + im working on something else, so she is a very low priority atm.

Vanilla

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I had one where they asked me to do some computer programming for a beginner class she was taking. It would literally take me 5 minutes to do. Before she asked, we were fluff talking I found out that she has a husband. I simply said I would charge her for my service since I'm busy as well and could use some extra cash. After all, this is a free market. Obviously I said all that in a joking manner, but she was so desperate and busy she agreed.