Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

How do you get Negative people out of you life?

ExcelNPrevail

Don Juan
Reaction score
I've been having this problem lately. Some people I know are negative fcukin losers and just won't leave me alone, and at times I feel like I just can't detach myself from them. Like one of my so called friend's who I've known for about 4 years.He tries to make me smoke dope, calls me a sellout because I dont chill with him anymore, and just bulls***s half of the time. And its just not one person its many more. I mean its easy to dismiss a person you barely met but how to you stop hanging around people you've be friends with for a long time?

reset

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
We surround ourselves with people and situations who reflect back to us they type of person we perceive ourselves to be. When you change that the people and situations in your life change to match your new self-image.

I'm going through this right now. Just focus on the type of man you want to be and watch what starts happening.

PrinceBeavis

Banned
Reaction score
It's always hard to break out of the mold of expectations that people have of you. People get to know you, they figure out what category to place you in, whether it be well respected successful brain surgeon, or slacker loser pothead.
As soon as you try to break that mold, you will experience resistance from all sides. The losers want to keep you a loser, so they can continue to have a pal to keep losing with. As soon as you try to change, they are threatened, because their loser-ness is being challenged. They either have to face themselves, and take the high-road, like you are doing, or they have to go through the trouble of finding another loser-buddy...at which point, they will still have your absence to remind them of what a loser they are. The end result is for them to try pull you down, and hope if and once they are able to, you will 'come to your senses'. They will call you arrogant, and self-righteous, and use guilt to try to bring you back down.

Many of those who have been looking down upon you all this time, will, surprisingly, not usually pull you up, but push you down...at the very least, hope you will slide back down. This is because they will find this new person a bit threatening. They don't want to have to put in the work to re-classify you. They too will use guilt.

Both sides will test you.

When I quit smoking weed, I was sitting on a fat half ounce of some greasy bud. They would come over, I would pack them all bowls, and just watch them all get toasted. With me being sober, and them being stoned, I found that before very long, they would all just kind of wander off....and I'd get back to work on whatever I was doing.

Another old buddy, an alcoholic, wanted to hang out, so I took him to an A.A. meeting. Afterwards, he told me that he wasn't like those other alcoholics there (he was), so I took him to a cool coffeehouse, with quality chicks, live music, and sober people. I talked to people, and chicks, and had a decent time, while he sat there like some weird jackass. He never wanted to hang out again.

So, I suggest, if someone wants to do the same old thing, take them along into your new, quality thing. They will either decide to improve themselves, and decide to make their own way, or you will totally get rid of them.

penkitten

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
if you have a loser friend whom calls you a sell out because you dont want to be a loser too, then it is time for you to make some new friends.
even if it means ignoring your old friend and moving on.

sometime between now and 20 yrs from now, you may eventually have to tell your friend that you are very disappointed in them and why. if you let it build, it will be a total drama tell off.

Andromax

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Go become a junior sheriff's deputy and wear that little plastic badge proudly!

I think city police sometimes have explorer programs for juveniles too. Thats a sure way to get them off your ass. You wont get a gun I don't think but they show you little judo chops and stuff id imagine!

Just a thought!

Seriously though. Make new friends. Ignore them long enough and they will go away.

lurker

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
even successful friends can be negative, in your life many of them dont want to see you get up there, so they wana see you fail. you have successful friends that will attack your ego when ever they get the chance. its called maega insecurity. note if you notice this behaviour in friends regularly, cut of your connections with them, even if you have to be friendless for a while so be it, pcik-up a hobbie like writing and build your character. you'll die one day and all this friendship bull-ish, will amount to nothing.