Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

How do you choose which girls to cold approach?

devilkingx2

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I have not been doing well with cold approaches specifically this semester (random girls on campus rather than people from my classes or groups/clubs) and I'm wondering if i just waste time approaching girls that are unapproachable by not being discerning enough

So the question is, how do you guys pick who to approach? What are the rules/standards/things to look out for?

flowtheory

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
May have more success with the ones who give you ‘signals’ or keep looking your way, but it doesn’t always mean it’s a sure thing.

If you want to approach a woman, do it. If you want something in life, go for it. It’s about training your mind. It’s just a woman, after all.

Also. Not all women are constantly on the hunt for a man. We notice different things and people at different times based on what’s going on in our life at that moment. Don’t wait for them to step up before you swing the bat. Just swing!

synergy1

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
back in my going out days it was eye contact. Just knew if the approach was worth it. Sometimes it worked out other times it didn't. That was when going with the flow was the name of the game and my confidence was higher. It used to work real well too.

taiyuu_otoko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Consider that cold approaching is a SKILL. And that there is merit in cold approaching if only to increase that skill.

All else equal, everything else (IOI's who she's with, your criteria, etc.) will be much easier if you have an IMPROVED level of skill.

Just like many exercise first thing in the morning to get it out of the way and set the tone for the day, what would happen if you made it a DAILY HABIT of approaching one girl before 10 AM every single day, regardless of where you were?

Not for any result, but just for the practice.

Otherwise you'll end up like DAVE who is waiting for the heavens to party and GOD HIMSELF clearing a path to an approach and the girl holding a sign that says, "I promise I won't reject you!"

Who Dares Win

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
First of all you need to filter girls according to their mood and attitude that day, if she is walking fast paced with an angry face you clearly avoid talking to her.

Second you need to filter according to the signal they show toward you, a girl may be responsive that day but not to you, in this case signals of interest as usual are the beginning factor, if in doubt just get close to her to see her reaction and if all looks fine ask a randon innocent question and gauge her interest according to the way she answers.

Short brief closed answer followed from her getting distand or moving to other activities tells you to save time, long open answers with a smile and better yet a question about your question or about you, its a green light.

Personally I follow the sniper school rather than the machine gun one, I chose with accuracy then shot rather than spray shots everywhere and see if I hit anything worth, someone say that its a number game while I believe its a matter of correct planning and execution.

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
back in my going out days it was eye contact. Just knew if the approach was worth it. Sometimes it worked out other times it didn't. That was when going with the flow was the name of the game and my confidence was higher. It used to work real well too.
What would you do going forward to raise your confidence?

sangheilios

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If you are approaching random women that you've never seen before, cold approaching is generally very difficult and will yield a low success rate, disregarding ones clearly wanting you to approach. Most of these women who you are approaching are probably so focused on whatever it is they are doing (going to class, having lunch, etc.) and are not exactly expecting a guy to come up and proposition them. Don't take any of this as if you are doing something wrong, a high rejection rate is normal.

Now, this is all assuming that you are applying a bit of common sense and not approaching women who are clearly trying to shut off the outside world, which I'm sure you are already aware of this.

The reality is though that you will have far better success approaching women that are in environments where you may become a familiar face and where socializing is normal. Class, gym, social circle, parties, clubs, bars, etc.

Most guys can't do this, I say you should definitely continue to approach women you see that you are interested in as long as you are applying some common sense and able to be genuine and non threatening/awkward. You are in an environment that allows for so many opportunities to meet women, make the most of your time there because once it's over you'll find how much more difficult it is in the "real world".

fastlife

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You're overthinking it. Ask yourself: Do I want to meet this girl?

If yes, you approach her.

If no, you don't.

Anything else is dishonest, compromising your integrity, denying your true self, disrespecting the girls who will never have a chance to meet you, allowing fear of rejection to overrule your life.

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
On the initial question its best to approach one whose shown an IOI. Usually shell show a second glance or adjust her energy around you.

devilkingx2

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
May have more success with the ones who give you ‘signals’ or keep looking your way, but it doesn’t always mean it’s a sure thing.

If you want to approach a woman, do it. If you want something in life, go for it. It’s about training your mind. It’s just a woman, after all.

Also. Not all women are constantly on the hunt for a man. We notice different things and people at different times based on what’s going on in our life at that moment. Don’t wait for them to step up before you swing the bat. Just swing!
Honestly, it’s a gut instinct.

Approach chicks that you have a good feeling about.
IOIs and staying in my "league"
First of all you need to filter girls according to their mood and attitude that day, if she is walking fast paced with an angry face you clearly avoid talking to her.

Second you need to filter according to the signal they show toward you, a girl may be responsive that day but not to you, in this case signals of interest as usual are the beginning factor, if in doubt just get close to her to see her reaction and if all looks fine ask a randon innocent question and gauge her interest according to the way she answers.

Short brief closed answer followed from her getting distand or moving to other activities tells you to save time, long open answers with a smile and better yet a question about your question or about you, its a green light.

Personally I follow the sniper school rather than the machine gun one, I chose with accuracy then shot rather than spray shots everywhere and see if I hit anything worth, someone say that its a number game while I believe its a matter of correct planning and execution.
If you are approaching random women that you've never seen before, cold approaching is generally very difficult and will yield a low success rate, disregarding ones clearly wanting you to approach. Most of these women who you are approaching are probably so focused on whatever it is they are doing (going to class, having lunch, etc.) and are not exactly expecting a guy to come up and proposition them. Don't take any of this as if you are doing something wrong, a high rejection rate is normal.

Now, this is all assuming that you are applying a bit of common sense and not approaching women who are clearly trying to shut off the outside world, which I'm sure you are already aware of this.

The reality is though that you will have far better success approaching women that are in environments where you may become a familiar face and where socializing is normal. Class, gym, social circle, parties, clubs, bars, etc.

Most guys can't do this, I say you should definitely continue to approach women you see that you are interested in as long as you are applying some common sense and able to be genuine and non threatening/awkward. You are in an environment that allows for so many opportunities to meet women, make the most of your time there because once it's over you'll find how much more difficult it is in the "real world".
On the initial question its best to approach one whose shown an IOI. Usually shell show a second glance or adjust her energy around you.
Thanks guys! I'm going to try to keep all this in mind this upcoming week and see if it can have any effect on my results. I'll try and keep this thread updated