Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

how do you ask a girl out on a date with confidence??

jigga23

Banned
Reaction score
Ok ive dated girls but never ones ive had to ask out first. They would usually come up to me. but i kind of like this girl and want to ask her out. so when i call her today what should i say? She i ask her if she wants to go do whatever (i think of where later) or should i say we should go do so and so tonight? I dont want to seem overbearing or anything i just want a smooth way to do it. i hung out with her before but she asked me to go. I think shes just waiting for me to call her and ask her out (not %100 sure though). whats the best way to approach this?

Juan_Man

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The last time I asked a girl out, it went something like this:

Me: Are you doing anything tonight (or Wednesday or Thursday or Friday)?

Me: (If she says no) I planned on going to blah blah blah. I was wondering if you like to join me?

Capitol39

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Say "Hey, I'm going to <blank> tonight. You want to come along?"

And it doesn't matter if you're not 100% sure if she wants you to call. Just call anyway.

And don't worry about being overbearing. You'll do fine.

Big Pappy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
what?

I suggest you don't ask her out until you know you're a human being that anyone would be thrilled to spend time with doing an activity that's interesting and/or fun.

We all see girls that we find attractive. We either approach, or not. If we approach, we will know what's what. If we do not, we're left wondering if we had what it would have taken. (and apparently, we didn't)

Don't think about it - just go talk to them, say hello. Be brief, and be clear. You want to know more about her on your terms. Easy enough, glance, then advance, then romance. (or, in her pants, depending on your motivation)

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Capitol39 said:
Say "Hey, I'm going to <blank> tonight. You want to come along?"
This is the basis best line in the world. You can use it for any event, at any time with any type of woman. It's simple to say and has the air of a quiet confidence.

I even add a quick 10 second sell on what we'd do and why she'd have a good time. I will actually say "you'll have fun." If she's into you she'll give you a counter if she's busy; but then again any woman who's interested will do that. ;)

jackie_legs

Don Juan
Reaction score
Juan_Man said:
The last time I asked a girl out, it went something like this:

Me: Are you doing anything tonight (or Wednesday or Thursday or Friday)?

Me: (If she says no) I planned on going to blah blah blah. I was wondering if you like to join me?

I liked that.

backbreaker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
look.. when a girl is talking to you, you have to, and I stress HAVE to, assume that she wants you. She has SoME interest, otherwise she woudln't be wasting her time with you at the present moment. It's up to you to make the best of that moment.

anyway, asking a girl out. The trick is, you don't ask.

This is me.. and I actually get alot of heat for the way I feel about it, but hey, what can I do, it's me.

First of all, I seriously, don't have time, and even if I did, I wouldn't, to widdle my way around her schedule. I usually have 1, maybe 2 nights a week open.. she has to get in where she fits in.

I will usually tell her that I will pick her up on X date at X time. If she asks what we are doing I tell her she will see when she gets picked up.

If she makes up an excuse, I am actually nerved that she didn't accecpt my gracious offer. Unless she has a legit excuse, which does happen from time to time, I will say forget it and move on.

however, that hardly does happen. Most of the time I don't even setup dates.. I go on dates without even knowing it. I will meet a girl and we will be taking and I will say lets go, I am hungry, so lets go get a bite to eat. I grab my ****, she grabs her ****.. next thing you know she is following me to a resturant or she is with me.. bam.. date.

If you are at a bar, and you meet a girl, a simple change of venunes can count for a "date" if played right.

See, I have a problem with sterotypical "dating".. it's too much of a rat race. Anygirl, regardless if she likes you or not, is going to be more hesitiant becaus e now she is going on a "date" with this new guy, has a week or so to pounder what to do, what is he going to be like, am I going to like him.. a woman can think her way out of not liking you if she has enough time.

of course, there are different ways to play it. If I suggest going somewhere else (I never do it just to do it, I usually do it for a reason, like I really am hungry) I will tell her that I am a pretty busy person, so I don't know when I might be able to catch up with them, but I will get their number and try. Again, this doesn't happen often, but it's a low sign of interest.

A simple "hey, be ready tonight at x oclock, I'm picking you up to go somewhere" is fine enough, at least in my book.. if she doesn't like it, screw it

backbreaker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
look.. when a girl is talking to you, you have to, and I stress HAVE to, assume that she wants you. She has SoME interest, otherwise she woudln't be wasting her time with you at the present moment. It's up to you to make the best of that moment.

anyway, asking a girl out. The trick is, you don't ask.

This is me.. and I actually get alot of heat for the way I feel about it, but hey, what can I do, it's me.

First of all, I seriously, don't have time, and even if I did, I wouldn't, to widdle my way around her schedule. I usually have 1, maybe 2 nights a week open.. she has to get in where she fits in.

I will usually tell her that I will pick her up on X date at X time. If she asks what we are doing I tell her she will see when she gets picked up.

If she makes up an excuse, I am actually nerved that she didn't accecpt my gracious offer. Unless she has a legit excuse, which does happen from time to time, I will say forget it and move on.

however, that hardly does happen. Most of the time I don't even setup dates.. I go on dates without even knowing it. I will meet a girl and we will be taking and I will say lets go, I am hungry, so lets go get a bite to eat. I grab my ****, she grabs her ****.. next thing you know she is following me to a resturant or she is with me.. bam.. date.

If you are at a bar, and you meet a girl, a simple change of venunes can count for a "date" if played right.

See, I have a problem with sterotypical "dating".. it's too much of a rat race. Anygirl, regardless if she likes you or not, is going to be more hesitiant becaus e now she is going on a "date" with this new guy, has a week or so to pounder what to do, what is he going to be like, am I going to like him.. a woman can think her way out of not liking you if she has enough time.

of course, there are different ways to play it. If I suggest going somewhere else (I never do it just to do it, I usually do it for a reason, like I really am hungry) I will tell her that I am a pretty busy person, so I don't know when I might be able to catch up with them, but I will get their number and try. Again, this doesn't happen often, but it's a low sign of interest.

A simple "hey, be ready tonight at x oclock, I'm picking you up to go somewhere" is fine enough, at least in my book.. if she doesn't like it, screw it

HuuBinh

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
jigga23,

I don't favor the advice of the majority because they are not congruent to their intention.

The truth is you like her and you want to date her, why are you afraid to let her know that? Be honest with her, and more importantly be honest with yourself. Call her and say:

Hi, this is (name), I like to take you out on a date this weekend. I think you're a really nice girl and I like to get to know you better.

Don't be passive and say things like "I'm going here tonight, wanna come along". Be true to yourself. There is nothing wrong with showing your interest.

Soprano

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
HuuBinh said:
jigga23,

I don't favor the advice of the majority because they are not congruent to their intention.

The truth is you like her and you want to date her, why are you afraid to let her know that? Be honest with her, and more importantly be honest with yourself. Call her and say:

Hi, this is (name), I like to take you out on a date this weekend. I think you're a really nice girl and I like to get to know you better.

Don't be passive and say things like "I'm going here tonight, wanna come along". Be true to yourself. There is nothing wrong with showing your interest.

damn :nono: