Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

How do write a good thread

Maeisgood

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
What makes a good thread for a forum and what makes a bad one? What do the threads have in common that get viewers and responders to it? I've noticed some threads that have pages and pages of responses, and others are entirely overlooked. I don't think my threads are usually very good, because they seldom get over 5 replies, and I don't think my questions are too bad, we've all seen worse.

I think if everyone knew how to make a great thread, then every forum would be even better.

Mctwist4

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You might want to start by double checking your title for typos. In fact, read everything over before you you submit it, and use half decent grammar. I'm sure part of it depends on your reputation. Another part depends on how your thread appeals to people. Then again, I clicked on your thread because of your name Maeisgood, and I also am a fan of Mae.

taiyuu_otoko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
search through threads with more then 8 pages of replies and find a common contextual element. Then start a thread along those lines, using a personal experience as a starting point, and leading up to a "what should I do" type of question.

then pop in several times during the thread, but not too much, to give updates which give the problem more drama.

Bonus points if you give readers either a new perspective on things, or a feeling of superiority for giving you advice, just like I'm doing here.:up:

KontrollerX

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Well your apparent definition of a great thread is one with pages and pages of replies correct?

Well producing those can result from either pandering to a certain groups ego investments or challenging a certain group to think outside the box and better themselves which would then be considered a controversial thread.

The mindless pollyanna positivity threads found in the forum archive with 17 plus pages and five star ratings and those of today's Sosuave morality crew are the first type.

The second type are threads posted by Str8up and Rollo Tomassi and similar posters.

Though rarely someone might make a thread that hits the sweet spot that appeals to both groups.

I'd say joekerr31 and squirrelz were experts at those kind of posts.

Other lengthy threads can be the result of a teaching thats time has come in that it contained the consciousness raising information or inspiration that the masses of posters were looking for or some such and then it goes on to be posted in for a great long while.

Now you might wonder but KontrollerX how then does a garbage thread like the masturbation discussion go on forever when it should of been deleted ages ago freeing up much needed bandwidth which could of then prevented us from having been put under the retarded 10 post limit restriction?

And I would shake my head and sadly answer you with that age old saying...

"One man's trash is another man's treasure". :(

And I'd leave it at that. :up:

Rollo Tomassi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You know how to write a good thread? Don't TRY to write a good thread. If your intent is to write a good thread your head's in the wrong place.

For as long as I've been a SS member, and in spite of my postcount, I actually start very few threads. 90% of the ideas I develop in writing are in response to thread topics. When I do begin a thread it's usually something I've been contemplating and haven't seen posted or it might be a new angle on an old idea in an existing thread I want to reconsider.

azanon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Rollo Tomassi said:
You know how to write a good thread? Don't TRY to write a good thread. If your intent is to write a good thread your head's in the wrong place.

For as long as I've been a SS member, and in spite of my postcount, I actually start very few threads. 90% of the ideas I develop in writing are in response to thread topics. When I do begin a thread it's usually something I've been contemplating and haven't seen posted or it might be a new angle on an old idea in an existing thread I want to reconsider.
Yeah.... who needs to start threads when SS has members like Str8up to do it for you. :whistle: