Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

How do I tell a friend that I'm sick of him?

Don Juan
Reaction score
This dude used to be like my best bud, but he's become a massive pothead over the last few months (smokes on his way to work, smokes at work, smokes on the way home from work, smokes when he gets home, smokes whenever he's driving somewhere, smokes all ****ing night when we're hanging out, ect....), and he's got some sort of like ADHD because of it. He's exhausting to be around. That, and he gets depressed when he's alone. Like, if I say I can't do something he gets upset and starts asking too many questions. And if he can't a hold of me, he'll get a hold of my roommate and try getting together through her. If we go over there, and later on make it clear that we're tired as **** and want to go home to sleep, or spend time with each other, he asks us to stay, or asks if he can come with us. I spent the entire weekend with him, and now he's texting me to go out to a bar or something tonight. Tomorrow I'll get another. Then he'll want to hang out all next weekend again.

He has a wife and a 17 month old daughter. Can't he learn to spend more of his ****ing free time with them?

The Inside Man

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Coming from someone who used to smoke like that , I can tell you that nothing will be able to change your friend except himself, as cliche as that is.

A lot of people argue that pot isn't addictive, but there seems to be a physiological element to it where you become comfortable in that state, and basically the only time you are happy or excited is when you're smoking, and after awhile that just leads way to paranoia, anxiety, and exhaustion.

I would say either tell him what you think or cut off contact for awhile. He is viewing life through the lens of a pothead, and that can make you become a selfish, unmotivated person. Smoking all day everyday like that makes you also become severely out of touch with reality, which is apparent as your friend continues to put his drug habit above family and friends.

I would tell him how you feel, it may piss him off, but it just might be the jolt he needs to get his life back. However alot of people will continue their drug habit at the cost of family, employment, friends, etc.. even with weed.

Weed's effect on one's life is less pronounced than drugs like meth, coke, or heroin, but trust me it can still have a very negative effect on social life, health, emotions, and spirituality. It sounds like he is relying on you for entertainment/excitement since he is too burnt out to be outgoing or hang out with other friends.

Clash113

Don Juan
Reaction score
I went through the same situation. I tried sticking it out, but eventually went our seperate ways and I don't regret it because he ended up becoming a complete loser (won't go into it, but he lost his job, got kicked out of his house, the whole 9 yards). You either have to decide to stick around and put up with it, or walk away because if you object to him smoking you'll only be driving a wedge between you both anyway.

I would just hang out/find new friends.

MrS

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Kinda cut off contact, or make your point.