Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

How do i make basic, plain oatmeal?

sonick182

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Okay after reading that article that says "food that'll make you look good" today i went to the bulk section of my supermarket, and found "100% Rolled oats", so i got some...

Now i have never made oatmeal before, how the heck do I make it... all the recipies online use HUGE amounts of ingredients, and they have like sugar and whipped cream and crap..

All I want is how to make a single serving (maybe half for mid-day snacks) of plain oatmeal with the least amoutn of stuff to gimme a quick carb boost...

Also, d'ya guys think it'd be good to mix it in with some cottage cheese? (its way too plain eating it by itself)

Lt dan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
they have plain oatmeal that you boil. quaker has it in those cardboard cans

sonick182

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
How much water do you put in to how much oatmeal? How long do you boil for?

JB2

Don Juan
Reaction score
I get the big round tub of oatmeal, I assume that's what you're talking about. All I do is put a cup of milk and a half cup of oats in the pan and heat it up until it's ready. I use milk because with water it tastes like total ass.

The Great Juan

Don Juan
Reaction score
I put enough milk to fully cover the oats then microwave it for 2 mins. Then i put some honey in it to taste and more milk if it's needed ( i like lots of milk). Tastes pretty good, i might go have some now actually...

In case anyone is wondering, i cup of raw oats have around 55 grams of carbs. Good stuff for us guys trying to put on weight, 3 cups of oats a day and i get a huge chunk of my required carb intake. I had to start of with 1/2 cup though, that's all i could eat, now i can eat a whole cup no worries.

wheelin&dealin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I live off oatmeal. I have about 3 meals of oatmeal a day.

I always eat it raw. I put about a cup of oatmeal in a cup with a little bit of applesauce and then add a bit of water and shake it.

mmm... :)

Also, if I don't have time to make a decent meal I will put oats and protein powder in a cup with water and shake it.

You probably think that it is sick eating oatmeal without cooking it... but it tastes fine and you get used to it.

sonick182

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Cool, thanks alot guys!

Yeah i tried makin a bit of it yesterday with water.. it wasnt nasty, but it was tasteless...

Then i tried mixing some of it raw with some cottage cheese, just to give the cottage cheese a little kick.. meh, not bad either, but not delicious either :p

jwhite17

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm with wheelin on this. I eat a lot of oatmeal, but I eat that shyt raw, straight out of the canister, and I enjoy it too!!!!!!

It is a great source of carbs, and it is very cheap to buy. So, go out there and eat your oats.