Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

How do I get really good at reading women(SOI/IOIs)?

Ragin_Asian

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Ok I'm a reasonably good looking lad and very social with a lot of access to hot girls. The problem is that I am TOTALLY oblivious to signs/items of interest that other girls are giving me. Sometimes I don't see it or even reciprocate it that it makes the girl assume that I am too good for her or think I'm "player" when in fact I just turned into instant AFC.

For some reason I don't want to consciously concentrate too much on her behaviour or body language because that has an effect of suffocating the creativity of DJ skills or losing the plot.

My friend is very good at reading people but I don't know what the hell is going on. Sometimes I'm too wussy and just assume the girl's behaviour or body language is just accidental and hasn't got to do with me. He even tells me who's been checking me out or is interested in me.

Any takers?

englishcrap

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
As David DeAngelos says in his DyD series. Go out to a bar find a seat near the bar. Get yourself a drink and just sit there and watch people and how they interact with thier body language. Eventually you will learn peoples responses before they even speak.

Originally posted by Ragin_Asian
Ok I'm a reasonably good looking lad and very social with a lot of access to hot girls. The problem is that I am TOTALLY oblivious to signs/items of interest that other girls are giving me. Sometimes I don't see it or even reciprocate it that it makes the girl assume that I am too good for her or think I'm "player" when in fact I just turned into instant AFC.

For some reason I don't want to consciously concentrate too much on her behaviour or body language because that has an effect of suffocating the creativity of DJ skills or losing the plot.

My friend is very good at reading people but I don't know what the hell is going on. Sometimes I'm too wussy and just assume the girl's behaviour or body language is just accidental and hasn't got to do with me. He even tells me who's been checking me out or is interested in me.

Any takers?

StringShredder

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Ragin_Asian
Ok I'm a reasonably good looking lad and very social with a lot of access to hot girls. The problem is that I am TOTALLY oblivious to signs/items of interest that other girls are giving me.
Get out, you can't be totally oblivious to someone smiling at you!

My friend is very good at reading people but I don't know what the hell is going on. Sometimes I'm too wussy and just assume the girl's behaviour or body language is just accidental and hasn't got to do with me.
From now on, assume that it always has something to do with you. Don't read anything. Just skim the superficial signals! Save the analytical skills for a job that pays for them, and for managing your life: finances, etc.

I think with women, you just have to turn off the new brain and just engage the old brain, the animal brain. Interpret mating signals the way animals do.

When you are driving, and a light turns from green to red, do you wonder whether it likes you, and it's specifically green for you? Haha. Chances are you no longer even think about it; the reaction to the changing light is so subconscious that you hit the gas pedal within a few hundredths of a second - whereas a conscious response would require about half a second. By the time you are consciously aware of the green light, the pedal is down already and you are moving.

This is probably why DJ's have intuitively come up with the 3 second rule. Once you have eye contact and are reacting to signals, it should be the 0.5 second rule! Anything longer means you are consciously deliberating. Responses faster than that are unconscious.

When you react instantly, it tells the woman, at a subconscious level, that you have a subconscious, animal attraction toward her. In other words, that it's a pure, honest instinct. There is no time to interpret. Her signal and your reaction to it should happen before either of you are conscious of anything. The unconscious mind isn't laden with learned objections against attraction, flirting and sex. At that level, you are like two monkeys. :)

He even tells me who's been checking me out or is interested in me.
That requireirs no special reading skill. He can do that simply because he's not you. When girls are checking you out, they hide it from you. They are very good at it from years of practice. But they can't hide it from two people at once. All your friend is seeing is a girl with her face turned toward you and her eyes on your a$$ or whatever. It doesn't take anything to see that; pretty much everyone has the skill of figuring out from someone's eyes what they are gazing at.

Even if you know that they are checking you out, it's hard to catch them. It's not because you are bad at reading it; they are good at hiding it.

But you know better: when you check them out, get caught looking!

Microphone Fiend

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You want to get good at reading signals? I know EXACTLY what to do. Next time you see a girl smile in your direction, that is a signal, next time a girl walks next to you and slows down that is a signal. Any time you see a girl doing ANYTHING that makes you think "hmmmm" that is a signal.

The reason is because you just get to the point where every girl is attracted to you and then you start acting instead of reacting It may sound vain at first, but it is just confidence.

skeeloo

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
i agree with that post ^^ man.

well if you feel them staring at you then they probably are, many women are insecure and might not show you they are intrerested even though they are .
i have also noticed some women staring when im not looking but when our eyes meet they start yawning on purpose or frowning when we make eye contact, its like an "act " of disinterested thing they try to pull off they think they are smart. but usually come of stupid, especially if they are hot, they think its your job your job to kiss thier asses.

Ragin_Asian

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
What about with other girls I already know?? I know a lot HBs in my area and I want to know how to tell if they are interested in hooking up or is it just friendzone affection. Eye contact is everywhere and can't be avoided unless you are looking at the ground all the time so what are genuine signs of interests apart from eye contact?

Microphone Fiend

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
u seen Hitch where Will Smith tells the guy if the girl fiddles with her keys @ the door on the way home...she wants a kiss. Think like that. A girl who wants you will do differently in situations if they are attracted. Start slowly pushing the boundaries on all the ones you are attracted to...up the kino slowly and the ones who are already interested will reciprocate or not tell you to stop, the same with flirting, and lead it to more passionate displays, then kissing.

The thing about doing this is when you do it, the girls who aren't attracted can possibly start to be attracted, so it is a win-win situation.

allan976

Don Juan
Reaction score
MISCELLANEOUS SIGNS OF INTEREST, OR THINGS THAT MAKE YOU GO 'HMMM'

Here is a random, if not exhaustive list of physiological reactions evident in an interested/aroused female:

1. girl looks over her shoulder at you: her body faces forward but her eyes are directed at you (if it's combined with a smile, you're in even better shape)

2. girl blushes when you talk to her and/or strokes her hair repeatedly

3. girl begins stuttering when she tries to talk to you/or her lower lip and jaw quiver even if her speech is composed

4. girl looks around people (or around a physical barrier such as a cash register or wall) situated between you and her to get a (second) glance at you

5. girl looks and smiles at you, then looks down and bites lip after you catch her staring at you (a girl who looks off to the side, or simply closes her eyes for a long blink is likely not interested)

5a. girl looks and smiles at you, then hunches her shoulders upward and inward as if she's embarrassed

6. girl stares at your crotch

7. girl's eyes get wide when she sees you touch an 'erogenous' body part such as your chest or bare legs in shorts

8. girl's posture becomes erect and stiff when she sees you enter the room

9. 'accidental' physical contact such as walking into your path/brushing your arm with hers

9a. girl moves closer to you if you take a step back

10. a smile combined with lip licking

11. nostrils flaring and eyes opened wide while she stares at you

12. girl cease/desists with her current activity immediately when she sees you (i.e., she stops talking on the phone, or abruptly puts an end to a work activity, etc.)

13. finally, you can CREATE interest in a shy creature with a hello/how are you doing/what's your name opening triad. Check for signs 1-12 as you talk to her.

14. In general, any sign of physical arousal typical of a 'fight or flight' response can be taken as a sign of interest (assuming you haven't said or done anything offensive to elicit that reaction)

15. Also, if your gut says 'something is out of whack here; I wonder if she....' Yes, you bozo, she is interested!