Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

How do I get my roommates help clean the apartment?

Maeisgood

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I am a senior in college who lives in an apartment with 2 very dirty guys and their equally dirty girlfriends. I am literally the only person here who cleans anything. Being that I am the only one doing any "***** work," how can I call myself a real DJ? A real alpha male would get them to help out somehow, but how do I get them to help without being a complete Nazi to them?

Sometimes I make fun of how dirty it is by saying things like, "Guess how many species of mold are growing on this one pot?"

piranha45

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A DJ does not try to fix a broken relationship; he moves on.

So in this case I guess you should abandon ship, find a new apt.

Noone ever said moving on is easy :p

Maeisgood

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Pretty much makes sense, but at the same time I know alpha male types or even regular guys who are just diplomatic have ways of motivating people, I was wondering what they would do.

I'm certain there are people other than myself who have dealt with issues like this.

Mctwist4

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's tough when you've already set the standard for how things are going to be. Not only that, you are going against the majority. If you get done cleaning, and one of your roommates disrespects you by leaving another mess, you need to confront them about it not in a joking manner. 2 things should happen. They will learn to respect your standards. They will be cleanlier just to avoid the conflict.

Having roommates is a pain sometimes because no one is going to agree on EVERYTHING. You need to try to be friends, but respect each other at the same time. I've had similar issues in my past 3 years at college.

scribblec

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
they both have girlfriends apperently so your wrong jose

mpimpin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Sir Juanalot said:
Put any of their unwashed crap on their beds, they soon learn.

Started doing this to one of my roommates. It helps. As far as the whole place goes any personal crap laying around gets tossed in our respective rooms.

I have one roommate who is like me and keeps things clean and the other is a piece of $hit.

I.A.F.Y.B.

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Just come out and say you want them to start helping cause you been doing most of the cleaning.

OzyBoy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Sounds a bit like the same situation i'm in. But i guess that is what you get when you live with other people.

Irs88

Don Juan
Reaction score
same situation. But for us verse 1(dirty person). I think we got him down after a number of rules that indirectly pinned him down.

For your case though, I would be straight up about it. Two things can happen. First of all, remember what a friend is..a person who RESPECTS your voice.

They will either A) make some attempt to clean up(hey its a start). or B) laugh it off and joke around. If they do B and you told them you are serious about the situation they obviosely DON'T respect you as an individual. If they don't how can you call them your friends? Move out and get a new apartment.

If you are using them for rides, parties, etc. Reconsider it. Is it really worth meeting new people when the first thing that happens is your roommates treating you like sh1t??

Ganondorf

Banned
Reaction score
Maeisgood said:
I am a senior in college who lives in an apartment with 2 very dirty guys and their equally dirty girlfriends. I am literally the only person here who cleans anything. Being that I am the only one doing any "***** work," how can I call myself a real DJ? A real alpha male would get them to help out somehow, but how do I get them to help without being a complete Nazi to them?

Sometimes I make fun of how dirty it is by saying things like, "Guess how many species of mold are growing on this one pot?"
i think yo should focus less on trying to be "alpha" and more on trying to solve the issue

no one said your not a real DJ. DJ's don't control people, but they do stand up for themselves

that being said, why not confront them on the issue. don't joke about it or fight about it, but just let them know that they should start cleaning up more. if they don't, i would just stop cleaning altogether and let the place go to hell, or just move.

only clean your space and throw their crap in their rooms. they'll get the hint.

Maeisgood

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Good replies all, I'll try them out. Recently some of our friends who hang out there who don't live there pitched in and cleaned. As soon as he leaves something there or screws up the recently cleaned room, I'll have to call him out or something.

I.A.F.Y.B.

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Maeisgood said:
Good replies all, I'll try them out. Recently some of our friends who hang out there who don't live there pitched in and cleaned. As soon as he leaves something there or screws up the recently cleaned room, I'll have to call him out or something.
Dont be a Nazi and get after everyone. Just let people know they need to pitch in with you.