Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

How do I dump my GF

wonderer

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Im bored and not attracted to her anymore. its been 7 months. she thinks everythings going great and there are no problems. How do I go about dumping her? Im dreading it. I'd like to stay friends though

Albatross953

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Be honest, take ownership of how you feel and don't back slide. And do the decent thing and don't be contacting her. Let her get over you.

Desdinova

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Do it as quickly and easily as possible. When it comes to moving on and improving your life, don't waste time overthinking how to do it.

Send her a text, letting her know that it's not working for you, and that you're moving on. Ignore all follow-up responses. Break-up accomplished.

...and don't buy into all this "break up like a man face-to-face" feminist bull5hit. The manly way to do anything is to do it quickly, efficiently and successfully.

And sorry... You cannot be friends with her afterwards.

Onion

Don Juan
Reaction score
Been in exact same situation. Dated her for three months. Interest started dropping and I started backing off a little. On the other hand she thought things were great and the more I withdrew the more she started pursuing me!! (women). I was hopping she'd get the hint and disappear. Never happened, She suggested to give me space for a couple of weeks and comeback. Never works.

My advice to you my friend, be a man and do the right thing. Tell her. The longer you drag this on the hard it is on you both. Especially for her.

miketan70

Don Juan
Reaction score
Being honest is the best way to do it. Tell her how you feel and that you like her as a person but there are no more emotions beyond that. Also, I don't think you could stay friends. It is hard to be a friend with someone who loves you, or likes you. So, break up and leave her alone. She will need time to get over it.

badboyjmm

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Desdinova said:
Do it as quickly and easily as possible. When it comes to moving on and improving your life, don't waste time overthinking how to do it.

Send her a text, letting her know that it's not working for you, and that you're moving on. Ignore all follow-up responses. Break-up accomplished.

...and don't buy into all this "break up like a man face-to-face" feminist bull5hit. The manly way to do anything is to do it quickly, efficiently and successfully.

I couldn't agree more, I mean from my experience, a woman that want to get rid of you (or give you the LJBF line) will probably sent you a long text, it's very rare that a girl will take the time to meet you. Besides the result is the same

RangerMIke

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Face to face. Be honest and stick to your purpose. You are there to break things off... do not let anything distract you from that, no crying or pleading can stop you. If she gets mad at you and calls you names, sit there and take it like a man. DO NOT GET MAD AT HER no matter what she says.

You will need to take as much time as it takes. Don't drag it out, and don't cut it short.

You may have to set up a time later to exchange things that you may both have of eah others... do it ONCE. Change your locks.... change ALL your passwords.

mangotot

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I got fired from my job text, you could fire her through text as well. On a positive note, very quick and efficient.

Desdinova

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
RangerMIke said:
Face to face. Be honest and stick to your purpose. You are there to break things off... do not let anything distract you from that, no crying or pleading can stop you. If she gets mad at you and calls you names, sit there and take it like a man. DO NOT GET MAD AT HER no matter what she says.
Why even go through all that 5hit? Why waste time and energy on a woman you're no longer interested in? Why risk having her go outside and kick the 5hit out of your car?

Face to face makes absolutely no sense. If she needs to blow off steam, let her do that with her girlfriends. That's their job, not yours because she's no longer relevant.

Soolaimon

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
wonderer said:
Im bored and not attracted to her anymore. its been 7 months. she thinks everythings going great and there are no problems. How do I go about dumping her? Im dreading it. I'd like to stay friends though

It's easy and not sure why you're dreading it.

Just send her a text. Tell her the relationship isn't working for you anymore.

That's it and it's over.

No point in being friends with her. Move on to better prospects.

RangerMIke said:
Face to face.
There's no point in dumping her face to face.

Do you think she would dump him face to face?

No. She would do it over the phone probably by text.

RangerMIke said:
Be honest and stick to your purpose. You are there to break things off... do not let anything distract you from that, no crying or pleading can stop you. If she gets mad at you and calls you names, sit there and take it like a man. DO NOT GET MAD AT HER no matter what she says.
This is the reason why you don't break things off face to face so you don't have to deal with that $hit when she gets pissed off.

RangerMIke said:
You will need to take as much time as it takes. Don't drag it out, and don't cut it short.
Sounds like you're contradicting yourself.

If you're taking as much time as it takes you're dragging things out.

Why not cut it short? You're there to dump. Not to have a date and friendly convo. Get it done.

Sending a text is the best way to do it to avoid any of these problems.

It is quick and it gets the job done without any problems. No need for any face to face interaction.

She wouldn't waste her time dumping him face to face so why should he?

Suspens

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
No matter how hard you try to act like a 'considerate gentlemen', she will accuse you of things you have never done, things you are never going to do, and how the whole thing was a game.

comic_relief

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
wonderer said:
I just told my ex-gf that I was unhappy and needed to break up. When she told me, "Why are you so unhappy?" I told her that I am happier being alone in my room than when you come over."

She will respect you more if you come out and don't lead her on.

- comic_relief

:-)

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Desdinova said:

This is all very well and I don't have a problem with the method but you must know nobody is going to take that lying down and nobody with a heart is going to be able to just ignore someone's texts or voicemails unless they block them.

Fugitive

Don Juan
Reaction score
IMO best way is to tell her you need space by text. I wish I did this with my previous GF's, one of which sucked my **** like a pro but I got bored of her so broke up. Realised a month later I just needed space but was too late.

Say you need space. Then if 2-3 weeks later you still feel she isn't attractive then break up. It also gives her time to get used to the idea of you breaking up rather than it coming out of the blue.