how do I become more sociable

GaryUranga

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
dum dee dum

ok, old AFC question, right? well yeah but basically what do you guys think is the main thing to stick with for this, Im trying being more chatty with my friends, Im usually real quiet unless Im trying or im on state bottom line Im trying to make this my default state a sociable awesome to chat with guy but Im seeming to be crashing against a wall the "I dont know what to say next syndrome" apparently, Im workign on this on a daily basis but what do you guys think is a good way to speed up this process.

this is really an issue for me that I want to get dealt, most girls are initially into me but its not gogin anywhere cecause Im beign quiet, atm the hottest girl in uni (as my friends and I call her) "likes me" as one of my friends who knows her pretty well told me but Im basically seeing no point of even goign for that before I can even be more sociable on a decently competent level.

thanks, JC

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Be genuinely interested in people. Stop wasting effort trying to think of what you're going to say next and start paying attention to what the people around you are saying. You'd be surprised at the things you can say to keep the conversation going were actually interested enough in what the people were saying that you actually listened more instead of thinking inside your head all the time. Add to that having a personal opinion about various things and being confident and willing to share your opinions with other people; plus being interested in their feedback. That's all you'd need to do to cover the bases.

AKA FLEX

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Im seeming to be crashing against a wall the "I dont know what to say next syndrome" apparently, Im workign on this on a daily basis but what do you guys think is a good way to speed up this process.
Four words: whatever comes to mind.

Just start speaking your mind when you're talking to people, whether it's chicks, dudes, old people, young people, etc. If you're thinking it, say it. Lose your internal monologue and stop searching for the right thing to say.

Will you say some awkward stuff at first? Yes, but the more you do this, the better you will get at thinking on your feet, and your conversation skills will improve tenfold, I promise.

Miguel

Don Juan
Reaction score
I agree with both Flex and Fran. Just remember the best thing for you to do is pratice, pratice, pratice.

Nygard

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey, J. You dont plow and step in top on conversations like making your act in the scene of a sitcom, you're supposed to enjoy them and have a good time. Let go a little, I dont think that's gonna stop them from liking you or anything.