how do i approach a girl from work?

latino158

Banned
Reaction score
im 5'11 and 6/10 face

she is in my league and 5'4 maybe

she is latina, so language no problem

always gives looks and smiles, i said hello to her once, is obvious she finds me attractive but she works in a different section, and the only time i see her is on breaks, but she usually talking to other female coworkers or on the phone

i dont know her name, but i fear she may have a boyfriend, so maybe i should ask her coworkers or find out her name, and look her up on facebook first?

i would like to simply talk to her without asking her out but im not good at this, mostly im afraid of not knowing what to say or ask, and make a fool of my self

if u could help with some questions or something to introduce myself, i rarely if never see her by herself doing nothing

i guess im just gonna wait for right opportunity when she is alone and say something, is just that im kind pf shy

zorg198

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I will tell you this - don't sh1t where you eat .

Don't date girls from work, period.

Joe.

Ray S

Don Juan
Reaction score
As Zorg198 said. You have to be carefull at work. I have done it a few times and it's never ended well.

Honda1990

Don Juan
Reaction score
latino158 said:
is obvious she finds me attractive
uh huh. sure.

latino158 said:
i dont know her name, but i fear she may have a boyfriend, so maybe i should ask her coworkers or find out her name, and look her up on facebook first?
Do you know how "creepy" you come off here? Ask her co-workers and the end result will be 10x worse than if you just spoke with her directly.

latino158 said:
i would like to simply talk to her without asking her out but im not good at this, mostly im afraid of not knowing what to say or ask, and make a fool of my self

if u could help with some questions or something to introduce myself, i rarely if never see her by herself doing nothing

i guess im just gonna wait for right opportunity when she is alone and say something, is just that im kind pf shy
Be cordial and polite, but as others have said, don't pursue co-workers for your needs. Even if you don't work in the same section, department, etc you are still at the same workplace - it's never worth it.

latino158

Banned
Reaction score
there are 2 young couples at my work, and everyone including the managers know, and is accepted as normal, which is the main reason why i want to give it a shot

Donaldinho

Don Juan
Reaction score
Man up or shut up.
First you bring up the "league" crap, that's not good.
Go out and meet some women outside of work. Like other (wise) people on here said, don't date co-workers. You don't want to be reminded of (eventual) mistakes every day.
You're just going for her because it's easy. Go out of your comfort zone.

latino158

Banned
Reaction score
Donaldinho said:
Man up or shut up.
First you bring up the "league" crap, that's not good.
Go out and meet some women outside of work. Like other (wise) people on here said, don't date co-workers. You don't want to be reminded of (eventual) mistakes every day.
You're just going for her because it's easy. Go out of your comfort zone.
so how come there are 2 couple at my work? who obviously met at work

in other places, im sure same thing happens, is possible to meet your future wife at work, it has happened many times for people

i bring up the league to show that is within my reach

VladPatton

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You walk up and you ask her to lunch, coffee, whatever. Simple. There is nothing more you can do to get her to go out with you, guaranteed.

latino158

Banned
Reaction score
VladPatton said:
You walk up and you ask her to lunch, coffee, whatever. Simple. There is nothing more you can do to get her to go out with you, guaranteed.
wouldnt it be better to find out if she is single?

talk to her like any personf, find her name, hopefully find her on facebook and check, that way i would save myself from embarrassment

Aware

Don Juan
Reaction score
latino158 said:

talk to her like any personf, find her name, hopefully find her on facebook and check, that way i would save myself from embarrassment
Yeah, that's brilliant plan, Mr. Nice Guy.

Mr_Maximus

Don Juan
Reaction score
latino158 said:

You have provided the answer to your own question.

if you have made up your mind that you want to go after this one then just go up to her, "we haven't met yet" and introduce yourself. chit chat for a bit then tell her that some of you are going for lunch / a drink after work and she is welcome to join you.

you can extract the information you are looking for without being direct or exposing your interest and intent.

rawson-1992

Don Juan
Reaction score
I posted a thread about a girl I was dating at work the other day.

Don't do it! Seriously.

sylvester the cat

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
latino158 said:

you'll find out if she is single by asking her out. you said in your OP it was obvious she was attracted to you so what are you waiting for?

as a sidenote i was convinced a colleague fancied me. it was a total nightmare. turned out to be the best thing that happened to me as it brought me here but i would never want to go through that mental torture again. if you takeaway anything from this it's never talk to anyone in the office about your business. if you do it won't be your business any longer. it will be the whole office's business and don't offices like to talk. :nono:

bigneil

Banned
Reaction score
You don't know her name yet?

A girl can only smile so many times before she loses respect for you for not approaching.

Never make a direct approach without buying signs, but always approach if she is smiling and holding eye contact. It doesn't matter what you say.

When the opportunity comes (she is walking ahead of you for example) you should say "Hello. I always see you but I don't know your name."

If she doesn't ask your name, take the hint. She is not interested.

If she really likes you she will extend her hand and ask your name.

Do NOT extend your hand like a dork and say "Hi I'm Latino".

Never hit on girls at work - period. They can hit on you though.

NEVER ask coworkers about a hot girl at work!!! They will sabotage it instantly.

And be honest. You're the "hot" latina, right? And you came here to see whether he likes you? If so, he doesn't. You are dishonest. If I'm wrong, for the love of God learn how to capitalize, which is why you seem feminine (along with acting too shy). Shy = weak.

Guys, when a girl smiles at you and you act too shy to talk to her, she thinks "Wimp. Next.". You are telling her she's too good for you!

Maximus Rex

Banned
Reaction score
Don Juans Don't Do What Other People are Doing

latino158 said:
there are 2 young couples at my work, and everyone including the managers know, and is accepted as normal, which is the main reason why i want to give it a shot
latino158 said:
so how come there are 2 couple at my work? who obviously met at work

in other places, im sure same thing happens, is possible to meet your future wife at work, it has happened many times for people

i bring up the league to show that is within my reach

Just because people do it doesn't mean it's the right thing to do. There's to much potential for a workplace romance to generate into a cluster eff. If this relationship ends badly, you're going to have to see this chick at work. Also, if she's particularly vindictive she can accuse you of sexual harassment.

If you're using what other people are doing as standard on whether or not to do something, then go full beta and send her some roses and chocolates and with cute little card that says how you've been admiring her from a far and you'd like to take her out.