How do I approach a female store worker, without annoying the other workers?

BBruce

Reaction score
There's a worker at a store I went to a couple times. She has sorta shy body language and was smiling at me a lot so there might be a possibility. There are a few workers who always jump at helping me out, but I want to talk to her. And I don't wanna look rude, ignoring the other workers just to talk to the one I think is cute. The other workers might think "who the hell is this guy, hitting on my friend" and might end up being protective and c0ckblocking me. How do I do it?

exile663dfx

Don Juan
Reaction score
Does an Alpha care what other people think of him? And who cares if they get annoyed? You're gonna lose some good ol' IL.

On the other hand, hit on all of them.... Jk

Darth

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't know....one way you could get around this would be to go up, and when one of the other workers offers to help, thank her but tell her there is something you need to give the shy girl. Then give her a slip of paper that says, "My phone number is:"

Spot

Reaction score
BBruce said:
There's a worker at a store I went to a couple times. She has sorta shy body language and was smiling at me a lot so there might be a possibility. There are a few workers who always jump at helping me out, but I want to talk to her. And I don't wanna look rude, ignoring the other workers just to talk to the one I think is cute. The other workers might think "who the hell is this guy, hitting on my friend" and might end up being protective and c0ckblocking me. How do I do it?
If I was in your shoes, i'd befriend all her co-workers so that they become your best supporters and encourage her to connect with you. This is especially important because if she likes you, you don't want her co-workers to be ****blockers, especially when there's nothing you can do about it when you're not there. Example - you get her phone number and she wants to go out with you, but then for the next 7 hours on the job her co-workers ****block the **** out of you and there's nothing you can do because you're not there to defend yourself.

While you're working on that, find a reason to isolate her away from her co-workers so you can go for the number close and/or secure a date.

Chamber36

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Spot said:
If I was in your shoes, i'd befriend all her co-workers so that they become your best supporters and encourage her to connect with you.

While you're working on that, find a reason to isolate her away from her co-workers so you can go for the number close and/or secure a date.
Spot's right. You should make her colleagues all adore you.

The problem with hitting on girls who are at work, is that it's their job to be nice to you. And if you approach one and tell her you want some spend some private time with her, there's no where for her to go if she doesn't like you.

There's a super sweet girl who I approached once at work because I couldn't handle the doubt "does she like me or not?!", so I just went in for it and she didn't appreciate it very much. It is her job to be nice after all, but damn, what does she expect?

My advice is that you should make your move, at least if you can't handle the doubt, but be subtle and be nice. Don't drive her into a corner :p

bigneil

Banned
Reaction score
As Chamber36 and Spot have noted, the key is to be friends with everyone.

I just had a date with the manager of a clothing store. By the time she asked me out I had already befriended several of the (all male) staff, remembering their names. At least 5 friendships were formed while I largely ignored her (over about a month or two). For examples, I gave one guy advice about how to cure his cough and spoke to another about how well he dressed (and how much the suspenders helped me score).

During lunch with her I mentioned how cool one of the guys was and she said "he adores you!" and mentioned several of the other conversations. In other words she had already asked them about me. On my next visit she was making it obvious to them that she and I were dating. You can NEVER be the one to do that as most of the other men are indeed jealous.

bigneil

Banned
Reaction score
Note that I didn't intentionally try to befriend everyone at her store. I had done that on my own simply because I shop there. I didn't even really notice this woman to be honest. One shouldn't become a different person around a woman they like.

nismo-4

Reaction score
From New Orleans, Louisiana to Atlanta, Georgia!!!
Stop worrying. Stop overanalyzing. Stop procrastinating.

Make a f**kin' move already!

Case closed. Sh*t.