How do I act when she mentions Ex?

zinc4

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
PoZest said:
Current plate I see often, her ex has been asking her to meet and have a talk. She tells me she wouldn't get back with him or anything like that, but she's mentioned him nearly every time I see her.
She'll say stuff like, "he's said he misses me", "he said he'd love to have sex again" things like that. I kind of ignore it or just laugh it off, but she has actually agreed to meet him to have a talk. And also promised me nothing would happen, even though I'm not exclusive with her or anything, so she didn't have to say that.
But what can I say or do when she brings him up in conversation? I know he really wants her back and he will ask that when she meets up.

It's a plate and you are complaining about her seeing her ex...you are doing it all wrong....i actually encourage them when they say stuff like this and i also like to talk about my exes with plates once they start talking about their ex....and you know what...they always start acting jealous and will bring it up time and time again.......you guys are not exclusive and that is just one of the great things about having plates in the first place...

So who cares if she meets him...as long as you don't care she will always gravitate back toward you....

Also, you should tell her this next time she brings him up:

ahhhh...i actually feel sorry for the guy, he must have really liked you....i guess he didn't think you were too annoying..(it's important that you give a sly looking smile when you say this) ...she will likely hit your shoulder or something and then you should say but i am serious breakups are rough on some guys, you should find a way to make him feel better.....this will make you look so big in her eyes...and at the same time it will indirectly make him look small.....

You can't be scared of losing her....don't be scared of losing anyone ever...ESPECIALLY a plate....let her fly away......if she doesn't come back, it's just a plate...but the whole thing sounds like a pathetic attempt to make you jealous to me while stroking her ego at the same time...

whatwg

Don Juan
Reaction score
"He seems such a nice guy, maybe you *should* think about going back to him! :)"

Don't feel jealous and make the other guy seem more available.

zinc4

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
what's the point of dumping a plate?....and what's the point of worrying what she is doing in the first place??? plates are strictly for sex...

I am guessing this girl isn't really one of the OP's plates but in fact is his only option....hence why he cares so much...that is not a plate....

PoZest

Don Juan
Reaction score
zinc4 said:
what's the point of dumping a plate?....and what's the point of worrying what she is doing in the first place??? plates are strictly for sex...

I am guessing this girl isn't really one of the OP's plates but in fact is his only option....hence why he cares so much...that is not a plate....
Not my only plate, but its the one I rate highest and the only one of three I've had sex with. More attatched to this one yeah, so I'm asking

Kbomb

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
PoZest said:
Not my only plate, but its the one I rate highest and the only one of three I've had sex with. More attatched to this one yeah, so I'm asking
I don't think you get it. The more attached you are the more she doesn't want you. She mentions her ex because she knows she has you, which is the death of attraction.

JoeMarron

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
PoZest said:
No wonder you're acting this way. She's your only source of sex. I dont even consider those other girls plates if you haven't gotten them in bed yet. Withdraw from this one and focus on getting some real plates. Don't even think about getting exclusive with this chick idc if she asks you first. Getting exclusive with a girl still talking to her ex is one of the silliest things a man can do.

plate's_empty

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
zinc4 said:

^^^This was my point earlier. I've had plate's with on again off again boyfriends. When they're off, she calls me. When they're on, I don't worry about it. Whatever.

And, yeah dude, you need to find some more chicks to bang. You'll stop caring when she talks about her ex, and if it actually starts bugging you, you'll say later, gotta go. She'll get the point.

JohnChops

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
No more keyboard jockeying . Action is the place.
LearningSlowly said:
As long as you continue not to be exclusive with her, she has the right to have sex with her ex. She probably will.

Let that sink in.

Does it bother you? Are you mature enough to either deal with it or cut her loose if it happens?

There's no use to being petty about it, either before the sex or after it. Either accept it or let her go. If you want her to only have sex with you, make it an exclusive relationship.
plus rep for you good sir, that put a lot of my situation into perspective. IF you're not exclusive, you can bang anyone you please.

twentee

Banned
Reaction score
God, you have to ask other people how to handle your own life? That's so fvcking weak that I'm ashamed to be part of the same species!