How do guys make cool guy friends (bros) after college?

HowardHughesDicaprio

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I have been out of college for a while now and I am in my mid 20s. What I can really use are some cool guy friends that know how to chill, party, and drink but it seems like most guys at this point are too invested in other things. Back in college I had some brothers (fraternity) to hang out with at the house and bull**** with but now most people have moved on.

The guy friends I have tried to make are weird nerdy type of guys.

What I am asking is, how can I make fraternity like friends after college?

No.Danny

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hold an audition

BetterCallSaul

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's considerably more difficult for most people to find people like you are describing outside of school. That's why what some people say to try and make good friends in school and do your best to stay in touch if you all live close-by is certainly true.

The good news is that the internet does help out in that regard with sites like MeetUp.

SmooveMooves

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Searching for friends on the internet is...

Well I hate to say, but it's weird. And frankly, kind of lame.

Relationships are one thing, but actual friends, dudes?

Nah

You wanna make friends right bruh?

1st -You need to stop filtering for a certain type of 'friend'.

You said you wanna meet "Fraternity" like dudes, that makes no sense.

Eliminate this filter because all it does is make you reject others immediately if they don't fit your template.

2nd -Become more sociable. I often find myself striking conversations with people who I think may seem cool or similar to me. For example, I'm on the train and this chick walks by. I look at this guy sitting across from me.

Smoove: Damn... You seen that ass?

Cool dude: *laughs* That's ridiculous

(insert random conversation)

Later on me and that guy ended up going to a party he was going to, at that party I met a chick I would be screwing for the next two months or so.

I only learned that's guys 1st name.

Never exchanged contact information or anything.

But still to this day, if we see each other, we still slap each other up.
("slap each other up" = slang term for a casual handshake)

All that just from being a friendly dude.

3rd -Mutual friends. Find one of your buddies you still have left and hangout with him and his friends. Chances are, the people he hangs out with are like him, and if the guy's your buddy then chances are, you might enjoy the people he hangs around with.

And finally ~Start going to more events. I mean sure you can sit on your ass at home and try to match up with dudes whom you might find similar to you.

Or you can goto a party and chat everyone up.

Or a Charity event,

Or a marathon,

Or your towns/cities free special event.

Friends are made through experiences and friends should never stop being made. You should always be meeting new people.

Everyone has that one friend where you go out and it seems like the guy knows everybody.

He didn't get that way over night.

Again, friends are made through experiences so if you find yourself at a lack of friends...

The truth is you really just don't get out and experience much.

HowardHughesDicaprio

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
The problem is that the area I am in right now has so many of these uptight nerdy kind of guys (so many asians here!!! >_<) who want nothing to do with women and partying. Good post though SmooveMoves, I think it is also location dependent because I feel like if I was in more of a beach town like setting I would make friends with more cool and chill guys.

I am tired of making friends with all of these uptight geeks that can't even talk to women are basically male feminists. The reason I said frat boys is because they have this cool guy personality that most other guys do not really have and they love partying & drinking.

SmooveMooves

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
HowardHughesDicaprio said:
The problem is that the area I am in right now has so many of these uptight nerdy kind of guys (so many asians here!!! >_<) who want nothing to do with women and partying. Good post though SmooveMoves, I think it is also location dependent because I feel like if I was in more of a beach town like setting I would make friends with more cool and chill guys.

I am tired of making friends with all of these uptight geeks that can't even talk to women are basically male feminists. The reason I said frat boys is because they have this cool guy personality that most other guys do not really have and they love partying & drinking.
If you don't mind me asking, where do you live?

hudpes

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Maybe the universe is signalling you to focus on something else than partying and drinking.

BetterCallSaul

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
One thing I might suggest is to avoid looking for the friend you're seeking at your place of employment. I've noticed this among co-workers over the years and it seems to be very common everywhere. These same people are looking for the 'friend' you're describing too, but now that they're not in school anymore they're extending the search now to where they work. That's why they're always going out for drinks with....guess who? Co-workers! Why can't they go out for drinks and meet new people? Why can't they go out for drinks with other people they know?

They simply don't know how. In the same manner in which SoSuave encourages you to get out of your comfort zone, try day game, be a little more outgoing, etc. the same thing can apply to just meeting new people that you don't want to f*ck.

I always advise to not mix work activity with outside work stuff, like going for drinks. All it takes is one wrong word misunderstood and then someone gets butthurt and goes to HR and your career start spiraling downward.

_sideways_

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
HowardHughesDicaprio said:
right now it's the bay area

and I intend to ignore it
bro, I'm the bay...and Saturday there's a music festival called like adventure land in the city. Hit me up

SeymourCake

Banned
Reaction score
Start cold approaching men.