Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

How did you guys do in the hurricane?

Atom Smasher

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I just got my electricity back on after losing it early this morning. Apart from a branch down in the back yard and some moderate flooding, I escaped unscathed.

I live on top of a hill on the edge of a golf course. One mile down at the bottom of the hill is a park with a stream running through it and eventually going under the main road. The entire park was underwater and the stream was a raging torrent. It washed out part of the road.

Aside from some trees down and some flooding, we made out pretty well here in the northern NYC suburbs.

WhitePimp

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Nothing really happened down here in southern NJ. Definitely lots of rain and wind, but we kept electricity the whole time and flooding has been minimal. Surrounding areas have flooded horribly, but we got lucky.

There were a bunch of tornadoes in the area too. Earthquake, hurricane, and tornado all in the same week. The odds of that must be extremely rare. Add in a volcano and we're set!

r0cky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm near Jersey City and I woke up at 4am to strong wind gusts then went back to sleep. Today I saw a small branch on the ground and the park a few blocks away is like a lake, which is not unusual. Overall I think this hurricane was a dud.

Atom Smasher

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I wouldn't quite say that. 1.3 million still without power (a large percentage won't be restored till next week). Several deaths occured and mega-millions of property damage has resulted.

Our infrastructure up here isn't built for hurricanes, and the trees are habituated to a certain wind level. When the ground is soaked and the wind kicks up, trees that have been fine for decades come crashing down.

On my street there are 5 houses that had trees fall directly on them. So relative to huge disasters with scores of lives lost one could say it wasn't
sh!t, but the damage level is still massive and recovery will go on for months.

Ease

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm just disappointed that this took up more time on my tv than Somalia or Gaza.

KarmaSutra

Banned
Reaction score
Padron Reserve maduro in hand while finishing my b
That cvnt Irene took away the rain we were supposed to get. Made it hot as balls. 115 degrees with the heat index.

I went out and did yardwork for awhile. Helluva tan. Smoked a cigar with the Mrs. afterwards.