Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

How did I play this text convo?

cmr662

Don Juan
Reaction score
Just started hanging out with with a hottie and I'm trying to reel her in...let me know if you think this convo was solid or too corny!

[Started out with a few texts back and forth of small talk, I'm out of town for work and on a morning run, just telling her good morning, etc.]

Me: Just got back to the hotel, time to shower up (get your mind out of the gutter). Have a good day at school, text me when you get bored!

Her: Don't forget to wash behind your ears!!

Me: Unlike you, I know how to bathe properly

Her: Haha

Me: Who knows, maybe I'll teach you sometime!

Her: Maybe...

========================

Any outside thoughts on this? Obviously there is some attraction/interest there for an answer like "Maybe..." right?

Mantis Toboggan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't know, man. It's texting. I only use texting when necessary, like setting up dates. "Hey what's up. Running late, I'll see you at the bar 10-ish." Occasionally I'll text a chick to ask how she's doing....but its always with the intention of setting something up later.

Flirting on the internet or via text is second nature to girls. Sometimes they mean it, sometimes it's just for fun. But hey, if telling you that your text convo means the girl likes you will motivate you to score a date with her, then yeah....she wants you BAD. That was the hottest text convo ever.

Now ask her out, bang her, or whatever you're trying to get from her.

Ease

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I love these.

Me: Just got back to the hotel, time to shower up (get your mind out of the gutter). Have a good day at school, text me when you get bored!
Good untill the last bit. Too wussy, its de-appreciating yourself, DLV. 'have a good day' sounds wishy washy and 'text me if your bored' sounds desperate.

Dont put the ball in her court to decide when to text you. I try to never ask a girl to text/call me. Have her chasing/following/replying.

Maybe... sounds fine. Id say its a very safe positive reply.

Rest is good i have nothing to critique. Dont text back, leave her hanging.

In$tinct

Don Juan
Reaction score
cmr662 said:
Just started hanging out with with a hottie and I'm trying to reel her in...let me know if you think this convo was solid or too corny!

[Started out with a few texts back and forth of small talk, I'm out of town for work and on a morning run, just telling her good morning, etc.]

========================

Any outside thoughts on this? Obviously there is some attraction/interest there for an answer like "Maybe..." right?
I can point out one thing I try to avoid when texting. Other than this, very well done!

First line: Nice little status update starter, but I wouldn't have tossed in the "text me when you get bored! " part. Just keep it open ended.

To living the good life!

Cheers!

Proselytiser

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
It's all right........ if u have a good time!
cmr662 said:

========================

You need to talk less. She doesn't sound interested - hence why her last two replies were each one word. Obviously it's hard to tell over text, but maybe could have been 'i'm slightly interested in the idea' or it could have been 'im emphasising the maybe so you remember it isnt a yes'

In$tinct

Don Juan
Reaction score
Proselytiser said:
You need to talk less. She doesn't sound interested - hence why her last two replies were each one word. Obviously it's hard to tell over text, but maybe could have
been 'i'm slightly interested in the idea' or it could have been 'im emphasising the maybe so you remember it isnt a yes'
The word count method is a decent way to judge who is less interested. Also, after reading your post, none of her texts gave the let's keep this textersation going... Most of the time you have to cut these text happy chics off or they will consume your day.

Nice post Prosely!

lakeshore

Don Juan
Reaction score
dude, calm down. You're waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay over thinking it (i do it to!). Who gives a sh*t what you wrote.

Its not any one convo that makes or breaks you.

8ball

Don Juan
Reaction score
Play the "if she wasn't interested game". If she wasn't interested, you would not have gotten that text.

Now, go balls out and hit her in the sack.

Kailex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Alright. Let's deconstruct this. You did some things right, and some things wrong.

cmr662 said:

Cut this. If you have something you want to say, call her or ask her out. I really try to avoid small talk through texts, to be honest, unless it's been someone who I've been out with for a while. But you said "Just started" so I'll take it it's no more than 2/3 weeks.

cmr662 said:

Here is where you should have stopped. Right HERE.
#1: "Text me when you get bored"... :nono: So people should only talk to you when they have nothing better to do? No, wrong attitude to have here. This "hottie" should want to talk to you at all times, not JUST when she's bored.

#2: If you would have stopped the conversation here with:

Just got back to the hotel, time to shower up (get your mind out of the gutter). Have a good day at school.

Then you would have cut her off at her answer and left a lasting impression on her. She was probably smiling when she texted you that.

cmr662 said:

========================

Here's where it ran on for too long. I understand the wanting to throw in the neg, because it's a hottie, but it wasn't necessary in this instance. Hence, the "Haha".

And then you pushed it even further. You already should have stopped a few lines above.

She gives you the dreaded "Maybe". A word you just cannot try to interpret through text. In person, yes. In text, good luck. Maybe could have meant a "No". Maybe could have meant "Yes". But you can't tell... it's a text.

My point is... the texting game can be tough to interpret sometimes. You didn't do TERRIBLE, but you certainly could do better. The fact that you are even trying to figure out what "Maybe" means, at least tells me that you are a positive person. Just next time, save it for a phone call or a date, because as you already can tell, you'll be left analyzing what the text means.

Allurre

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Try to emphasize how the text conversation goes. What matters most is if they'll be follow up dates or not.

Overall, you kept the playful vibration in the air, which is a good thing, but you still need fine tuning with your humor. Should have left the "Who knows, I'll teach you sometimes." out

Keep it up :0

bish0p

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Proselytiser said:
You need to talk less. She doesn't sound interested - hence why her last two replies were each one word. Obviously it's hard to tell over text, but maybe could have been 'i'm slightly interested in the idea' or it could have been 'im emphasising the maybe so you remember it isnt a yes'
I think it's all in how you perceive it. I translate maybe into yes all the time.

For instance, my last chat (phone call) with a girl went like this (we were talking about the wildest places we did sexual stuff):

Me: I got a blow job in the parking lot of a club while people were passing by and looking (not that wild, but whatever)

Her: I love giving head

Me: You gonna show me?

Her: Maybe

Me: Yeah, you will

Her: Yeah, I will

This is pretty much verbatim and a few days later, she's giving me head in my car.

CarlitosWay

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Man stop over analyzing texts and all this ****...., I honestly hate texting for hte most part...unless she's your gf or you have been messing around for a bit. When getting to know someone/chit chatting, in person or short convos over the phone are the best IMHO ......and I always just ask myself WWJP do? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0LsCtvo8ucM

Forty0ztoFreedom

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
That "Maybe.." sounds playful to me . . I mean, you kind of have to TRY to interpret it negatively. If she was creeped out, would she even text back? At WORST, she's curious.

Who cares anyway, don't get into mental knots over it. Proceed until you get flat-out-REJECTED.

Joe Stud

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Dude: It's been almost 2 wks. No FR? If it was successful, I assume you woud have reported it by now.

Either way you asked for honest replies: You sounded abrasive & insulting. I suspect she likes you. So if you get/got her, it will be in spite of your dumb comments, not because of them. Work on your C&F.

Last edited: