How can we go from so smooth, to so mushy?

stormwriter

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I know that as soon as i get that "uh oh, i'm starting to really like this chick..." that my game plan is altered. It just happened a couple days ago:
I was DJ'ing her fine for two days, then on the third date i realized i was starting to like her, then i really felt my inner wuss start churning, punching my guts, trying to rip through my chest.

And consequently, I just started being too nice, offering to do things like store her furniture at my house (hell, we've known each for four days, and i'm offering to store her crap?) leave her nice notes, etc.

What the h*ll causes that? Here are the only things i can come up with:

- You don't want to screw things up
- You start analyzing things more
- You get excited/nervous that you finally met a good prospect
- You get insecure cause she's so hot (maybe too hot for you)

Man, i play these chicks so well when i don't like them very much.
:)

b's nuts

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
i have been in the same boat for quite some time. Something I have learned that helps is to put out the attitude that she likes me. When you keep in mind that she likes you, you don't always feel like you are in the chase and its a total confidence boost when she is fine as hell.

Knicknack

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
same thing for me. i'm working on it, but it's a difficult thing. i start thinking about her too much and analyzing our relationship. today i made a little print out to keep in my wallet with quotes from the DJ Bible(a lot from Pook). this really helps bring me back to earth. i have 14 points i typed up. the 2 most relative to this situation are as follows:

2. Women are to enhance your life, not to be your life.
3. Stop placing your happiness on getting a girlfriend

Trapspringer

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
And consequently, I just started being too nice, offering to do things like store her furniture at my house (hell, we've known each for four days, and i'm offering to store her crap?) leave her nice notes, etc.
Stormwriter, my pal, you got it bad like Usher. Four days?

That's like when Keith Hernandez asked Seinfield to help him move after only knowing him a few weeks.