Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

How can I get more calories?

yungahdubz

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
A normal day for me would consist of:

7:15

* 2 slices of toast with butter + honey
* a bowl of cereal with whole milk
* a peice of fruit, banana/apple

11:15

* jam and butter sandwich
* cheese salad sandwich with mayo + butter
* piece of fruit

1:30

* pizza + donut. I know its not healthy but at 1:30 i just dont feel hungry. I have the option of eating a cheese/cheese salad/ egg/ egg salad baguette, but i've tried it before and just cant stomach it.

5:00/6:00

Usally for dinner (me being indian) I'd eat:

* 7 chapati's
* a vegetable curry such as potatoe/ spinach + aubergine/ potatoe + peas + aubergine etc. It's not the kind of curry you'd find in your local indian, its much healthier.
* a large bowl of rice with daal.

I'm also a vegetarian (religion).

So, any advice on how i could get more calories would be much appreciated.

typical

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Religion = a way to control the free thinking people in society, so you can hold onto that crutch and wonder how to get more calories or go hammer down a nice big piece of steak, your choice.

And sorry to bust your bubble but curry is not healthy its over cooked food with most of the nutrients being broken down due to the cooking method's, ever wonder why indians that eat curry never get any bigger ??

P.s I'm indian myself

EDIT: and theres jack all protien in your diet, you gonna have to cane down the egg whites at every meal or its no point really (thats if you don't want to try steak :) )

Drum&Bass

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
you will have to eat lots of eggs. learn how to cook them in different ways.
you will also have to eat alot of natural fats. By natural i mean fish oil, nuts and olive oil.

drink organic valley lactose free milk, eat 2 or more cups of friendship, no salt added cottage cheese, mix it with fruits so you don't puke...don't buy cottage cheese that has fruit in it.

the majority of your meals will be eggs, milk, nuts and veggies at the same time.

Last edited:

typical

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ahh sorry forgot to read his age and went all harsh on him :)

But yea follow what drum is saying its gold, but be prepared to have a weird gut for a few weeks as your body adjusts to the change in food.

Also invest in a solid protein shake and take it before and after training, add egg whites and ground up rolled oats in aswell.

Like old warboss used to say eat eat and eat some more and when your done eat some more again.

EDIT : and please please please no more chapati's and curry bro, trust me it'll do you no good, look at mum and dad, if dad aint ripped up and mum a size 6 then you shouldn't be eating what they are eating.

I-tallionStallion

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
:cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: Okay...now i'm insulted! Not all Religion is a way to control free thinking people in society, don't act like its some sort of crutch! Take this sensless talk into anythingelse...it doesn't belong here.

PLUS...there are plenty of VEGETARIAN LIFTERS who lift way more than all of us. Don't be a fool yungahdubz and listen to these guys.

Andromax

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I agree that I don't like all religious stances. I'm "religious" insofar as that I have faith in my religion, but other than trying to follow the ten commandments I don't let it restrict my lifestyle.

That being said, someone who has made the choice to follow their religious practices to whatever extent, well I can respect that as long as they aren't sacrificing my neighborhood virgins.

Being a Vegetarian in pursuit of bodybuilding is definitely going to be a challenge. Like the above posters pointed out, Eggs, Milk, Nuts, Cottage Cheese, are all great options.

I'm suprised no one recommended Whey, maybe cause it's such an obvious thing to point out?

Anyways get yourself some protein powder, Whey, Casein etc, and blend it with some oatmeal, toss in a couple raw WHOLE eggs, maybe a tea spoon of flax or olive oil, etc. You could get an extra 1000+ cals a day drinkin two of them bad boys, breakfast and post workout.

Mad Manic

Banned
Reaction score
You get more calories by eating (and less preferably, drinking) more. Very simple.

MM

yungahdubz

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies so far.

I'm not interested in people views toward religion, this is the health and fitness section after all, I just wanna bulk up :D .

insidious

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
ah typical went over the top a few times. i semi-agree with him on some stuff and at the risk of derailing this post, i'll not go there, but if you have an externally-imposed restrictive diet which is basically at odds with the concept of bulking and lean weight gain, you're just going to have to work that much harder buddy. if you are allowed to eat dairy, you've gotten some suggestions here about additions that are about as good as you can get.

silly question, but can you eat seafood? i've known some vegetarians who would eat fish and shellfish (which i think is a complete crock of shyt)....if so, that is a great source of nutrients and protein.

bottom line man: you are going for the Western musculature with an Eastern lifestyle. not impossible, but not easy either. you're young, you can do it, and good luck!

I-tallionStallion

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
so basically, eggs and whey will be your best friends. You may want to look into a vegetarian muscle bulking diet somewhere on the net. I'm sure this has been covered somewhere before.

Axcell

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You are vegetarian, aren't you still allowed to eat fish?
Load your diet with fish + eggs, particularly before you work out, and after you work out. I know you said you do not like to eat fish (you stated to cannot eat it) so try just swallowing it raw. At first, it may be disgusting, but after a while, your body will get used to it. Try mixing it into a shake. (Tons of ideas all over on this site!)
Ever heard of whey? It works wonders when making protein shakes.
Finally, have your fruits + vegetables in the morning. (Mainly because you want your other meals to have all the protein. Nobody enjoys eating a large amount of protein, such as fish right at 7 A.M.!) Just a quick glance at your plan in your original post, lay of the mayo and the butter. (Not healthy.) I, personally, would not eat the rice either. It's just pure starch, unless its the soya rice. (Which does contain some protein.)

Oh, and make sure that when you consume grains, that it is WHOLE GRAIN. (You should see pieces of grains sticking out. These types of foods are rich in all sorts of minerals/nutrients, especially omega 3's.) White bread is a no go! (An essential part of bulking is not only to eat foods that will make you big, but ensuring you still consume your vitamins and minerals that your body needs!)

I'm not an expert on these things, which is why I refrain from posting in this section, but I felt this was something I might be able to help you with,
Axcell.

The Bat

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey man, take a trip to your local GNC. There are plenty of good weight-gainers that contain around 1000 calories with a good protein content in one serving. I'm very surprised to find that you are not taking any sort of protein shake, if not weight-gainer. Weight-gainer is absolute must, in my experience anyway, if you are trying to bulk up.

There are plenty of vegetarian food that you can buy or cook (although you are better off making these food by yourself). Google a nutrition or recipe website and they all have options for selecting vegetarian diets.

Hear me when I say this, if you are not allowed any meat, PLEASE go to your local GNC and ask them to point you in the right protein shake/weight-gainer direction.

yungahdubz

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies.

I'm going to incorperate more eggs and whey into my diet.

Also, what do you guys think about doing the Ripptoe thing and just adding a bunch of whole milk to my diet?

Btw, I can eat dairy, but not fish.

Drum&Bass

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
There is no need for whole milk !

Get, Organic Valley Lactose Free, low fat, or skim milk.

DON'T USE NORMAL WHOLE MILK !

HK1

Don Juan
Reaction score
Eggs, Fish oil, olive oil, grape seed oil, Flax meal. Combination of all should kick up the calories a bit. Start slowly and gradually increase, fat does soften up the stool. Plus everything in the above posts ^^^^^.

yungahdubz

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Why shouldn't I use whole milk? I was under the impression that as whole milk caontains more fat it will contain more calories?

Wont drinking milk containing less fat contain less calories, but still make me as full as drinking whole milk?

Also, why lactose free, I dont know if its true but i thought some people can develop lactose intolerance from doing things like that.

Throttle

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
lactose tolerance/intolerance is genetic. though many people don't realize they are one or the other til later in life. i just figured out in the last few months that i am somewhat lactose intolerant (but one enzyme pill is all i need with moderate quantities of dairy, small amounts i don't even bother).

whole milk is a great source of calories for lactose tolerant guys.

Drum&Bass

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
yungahdubz said:
Why shouldn't I use whole milk? I was under the impression that as whole milk caontains more fat it will contain more calories?
Just make sure to get, Organic Valley, Lactose Free brand.