How big is everyone? How big/small do you want to be?

Saine

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Templeton
Ronnie is a beast, pure and simple. He is also one hell of a strong mother. Saw a clip today of him deadlifting 800 for 4 reps 5 weeks out from the Olympia.

Few in the bodybuilding world think Ronnie is aesthetically pleasing. He is a montser and admired for his power, sheer mass and work ethic.

He is certainly not my favourite physique but the pic you posted is a very good one of him.
Amen! Someone finally amens!

Shinrao

Don Juan
Reaction score
Skinny dude, 6ft, 160lbs....need to find a way to gain considerable mass in under a year.

NMMWCR

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
5'11" was up to 178# but got my azz kicked by the flu and dropped to 159# over two weeks recently. Lost a lot of fat but also a lot of muscle. On the plus side, I am showing a "one-pack" If I lost another five pounds that elusive 6-er might really be under there after all. Back up to 163# but it will take me till probably March to get back to where I was. I'm a wicked hardgainer.

My long term goal is 185# and between 10 and 15% bf. Yes, that would make me a men's health covermodel type but it is also one hell of an improvement over my natural state of a severely ectomorphic praying mantis look alike.

I'm not quite 3 years into the iron game and have come up from 124#. You might be able to imagine me at 5'11" and 124#; when I turned sideways and stuck out my tongue people mistook me for a zipper. I look better and feel better.

It is possible to build the body you want. It is NOT possible to build the body that other people want you to have. It takes too much dedication. I would recommend to any newbies to ignore the debates on whether or not you should be trying to look like a benneton model or men's health model or a WWE wrestler. Your opinion is the only one that counts when it comes to your own physique. Just start moving iron.

bliss420

Don Juan
Reaction score
5'6" currently 165pds bf%appx 12 or 13%? (abs show thru but not very defined).. my chest/shoulders/traps are pretty huge but my biceps/abs/legs need work.. (had to stop working legs for awhile coz of a lowerback injury).. lookin to get to 165pds at 10% bf and then ill be pretty happy.. after that, it'll be mostly maintenance and strength training rather than training to gain mass.. i don't wanna get too big.. alot of chicks dont like that look.. some absolutely LOVE it but the majority dont from what i understand.. i think by being pretty ripped/big you'll pull way more girls than hUUUUGe..

IrReSiStIbLe

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Finally gonna bulk up

Ok, I’m all set and ready for finally achieving my goal, a goal I’ve been waiting to achieve for the past 4 years- Bulking up.

I’ve got everything fixed up- got paid a f*ckload of dough two days ago, and I’ve already got all that is necessary- A gym membership, Protein powder, a personal trainer (who, btw, is goddamn hot!), a schedule, and a mate to push me.

I’ll be bulking up in no time…

I’ve decided I’m only going to go out once or twice a week, in order to preserve sleep and save money.

Anything I forgot? Anything I need to add to my plan?

Cheers,
Irresistible.

true|hockey

Don Juan
Reaction score
5'10" 170 lbs, can't seem to put on the weight.

goal is 180, short term. Maybe by next year or so.

Devestator

Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm 5'11", 230 lbs. I'm going for 200. I'm hella strong, but too fat!

CLOONEY

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Jin
6' and 170.. want to be about 180-185.. can't get too big as I'm a model... ;)

Jin
170 is fine for a model. 185, man what kind of model you gonna be at 185? Need to stay very lean to show good bone structure. Who you model for? and you working at club med? where bouts?

syemour

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
6'6''. 220 lbs. 6-pack, toned muscles. Flat footed.

FitnessGuy

Don Juan
Reaction score
I am 220lbs 4% bodyfat during the season. It doesn't feel too great being this low in bodyfat and I lose lots of strength, but after competing I eat like a pig and gain it all back.

Off season I walk around at 6-7% and weight about 240-250lbs.

As for goals, maybe a little more muscle in certain areas, right now I'm putting extra focus into my rear deltoids and hamstrings. I have the ideal body that many men wish and only dream of, but it has taken me years of hard work to get it. My life revolves around bodybuilding.

madgame

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A lotta guys on here say that you should aim for the "olympic swimmer" or the "model" - look and anything more than that would be too much. I think its pure b/s to simplify it like that. Actually from what Ive experienced your body will be most appealing to (the majority of) women if you got some more muscle than that (I dont really have a picture of any olympic swimmer in mind right now though). I'd say u should aim for a body like wesley snipes for example But all in all I guess yall shouldnt be concerned with getting "too muscular", cause I doubt most guys wont really get any bigger than guys like 50 cent or LL Cool J. And the women still start screaming when they take off their shirts lol.
Of course most women dont like that bodybuilder look, but its just ridiculous to say that at 6ft anything over 200lbs will make u look like a big bodybuilder.
Im 6'3 and a few pounds over 200 (but as I can be a really dumb as fool at times I never really worked out my legs or back, because Ive worked out at home from day 1. Im gonna start hitting the gym next week and start working out legs and back there. I gota some catching up to do..)

My goal is about 220-230 and then cuttin down to 210 or so.

"170 is fine for a model. 185, man what kind of model you gonna be at 185? Need to stay very lean to show good bone structure. Who you model for? and you working at club med? where bouts?"

- Look at Tyson Beckford. He's around 6'2 and I bet hes like 220lbs

By the way, Im not a big fan of all the celebrities I mentioned but there names were the first ones that came to my mind ;-)

Ice Cold

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
WOW

So many guys are 200+ with 8-% bf. Maybe the ones who are less than that simply don't reply?

me:
215 lbs
12-14bf and I don't train that much

I wanna be about 250-260 with 12-13% bf

DonJohn83

Don Juan
Reaction score
Im 6ft-1.

In April, i started heavy lifting at a weight of 198 @ 12% BF.
5 months later (sept), was 230 @ 15 - 17%.

Since then i've been shredding and now i'm about 210 @ 11 - 12%.

Still gotta shed another 7 or 8 pounds.

( . )( . )

Banned
Reaction score
Originally posted by jakethasnake
This is Ronnie Coleman. I can't believe that you find this shyt aesthetically appealing.

http://www.nuclearnutrition.com/gfx/2001%20olympia%20pics/ronnie%202.jpg
holy phuckin sh!t, that guy looks like he exploded:eek:

anyway i must be the only guy on here who doesnt know how tall he is, i think maybe 5'9, 5'10 ??? and 75 kilos, dont know what that is in pound/stone/cubits, and bodyfat? nah im not a fatbody

Golden Arms

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Golden Arms
5'10" 195 lbs with low body fat and growing
update: since I've been on my 1-AD/4-AD cycle I've grown to over 200. Not sure what my BF % is, but I can see my abs clearly, so less than 10 %.

I have 10 days to go in the cycle

bogman2121

Don Juan
Reaction score
im about 5'10" 170 im looking to drop about 20 lbs because ive got a gut and 20 pounds is not out of the question then i want to put on 10 more pounds of muscle. track is starting in a few weeks and if i want to get down into the 22's and the 50's for the 200 and 400 i think losing that weight would help a lot

playher

Don Juan
Reaction score
:( man can i grow or is it just because im asian and my genes...i feel so short and low now :(