Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

how bad is this?

gav

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
how bad is this (bulking up):

legs training:
6sets of 11 full squats at 11pm

then 2scoops whey + 1serving creatine immediately

1hour later, a microwave meal (30g protein, 35g carbs, 17g fat)

then sleep

is this fvcked up or should i stay up till 2am to make sure i get enough food (proper food as well, not just that shytty microwave meal)

cheers

Last edited:

#1 P.I.M.P.

Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't understant your post quite well. But why would you wat to mess up your sleeping pattern just to eat. without proper sleep your body aint gonna properly absorb those nutrients anyway. What some bodybuilders do is sleep and set their clock for the middle of the night to drink a protien shake then go back and sleep as theyve finished. If you do this however you should make sure the shake is 80% protien withe very little carbs and fat, if any at all. Casine is the best example.

B.A.

Don Juan
Reaction score
Pre digested/ whey protein, especially in *large amounts* is virtually useless as such an excessful unnatural amount of protein will result in an amino acid spike for 1-2 hours before amino acid blood levels come crashing back down again and you find yourself with a deficit - similar reaction as with ingesting a *large* amount of simple carbohydrates. The type of protein you are ingesting also results in the formation of temporary labile proteins in the liver that undergo proteolysis (breakdown) in a *short* period of time, rendering them useless for fueling muscle growth.

The formation of contractile proteins (what is necessary for growth) peaks 24-36 hours post-exercise, and as such you should eat slow digesting protein found in natural wholesome foods such as whole eggs, whole milk, fish etc. The fats that you eat alongside said protein also helps to slow down the rate at which the protein digests, further increasing the efficiency of contractile protein synthesis.

As identified above, the "anabolism drive" peaks 24-36 hours post activity, rather than 1-2 hours post-exercise, and as such look towards supporting this drive consistently and over a pro longed period of time, rather than loading up on fast digesting protein that will only be of "use" for the first 1-2 hours.

Many of the old time natural bodybuilders such as Reeves would combine a table spoon of slow digesting protein with coconut milk or butter (your fat/ MCT source used to slow digestion as previously mentioned) immediate post exercise so that the body would enter the anabolism stage strongly.

Avoid microwaved foods also as this method of cooking tends to oxidise the fats/ cholesterol in the "food", rendering it highly atherosclerotic/ "unhealthy", and also denatures the nutrients in the food (not that pre-packaged foods contain much anyway)

- B.A.

gav

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
thanks a lot BA, that's cleared a lot of things up

just one thing, did you mean that reeves took fast digesting protein with a fat source

and when you said whole milk, did you mean full-fat milk? thinking about the stuff you mentioned, that would make sense and taking it wouldn't be that bad for me because i don't seem capable of putting on any fat

B.A.

Don Juan
Reaction score
Reeves combined slow digesting protein foods/ products with fats. With whole milk, I am indeed referring to full fat milk, organic if possible.

- B.A.