Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

how about we get rid of 90% of military expense?

goundra

Banned
Reaction score
since all we NEED is the N guard, the nuke missile subs (about 1/2 of them) and maybe the spec ops boys. We can parachute in a guy with a backpack nuke. it can be set with a "do not screw with" switch, with a timer for 1 hour. the guy can be well out of range of its blast/initial radiation in 45 minutes, easily, by just jogging. then hole up in a culvert, etc. the fallout is not an issue for 24 hours+. did you know that? so we don't need the bombers, the carriers, the surface Navy, the airforce, the Army, the Marines, or the ICBMS. No country in the world could tolerate having a backpack nuke go off in 3 of their major cities. If one hit NYC, LA and Chicago, everyone within 10 miles of ground zero would evac and NEVER return. We aint stupid, getting cancer in our kids, 30 years from now, as the japanese did.

Nobody is EVER going to invade a nuke power, and if you sent, say, 100 sabateur assassins, of the correct racial appearance, into ANY country, with silenced firearms, poison, etc, and told them to take out specific men (not just politicians, but also celebrities, heads of industry) that country's economy would be virtrually shut down in a month. Remember how terrified the DC area was over 2 punks with an AR-15, shot less than a dozen people ? Well have each of 100 guys use a silenced .22 pistol and shoot (wound, not kill) a dozen people a day, every day, for a month, (from a concealed position 20 yds or so away). Have each guy move around in a 100 mile wide circle, and SEE if people all over the country aren't scared out of their minds.

The guys could also burn everything in dry season, poison the food (and TELL everyone on the Net that you DID so) distribute a trillion $ worth of fake currency in that country, and SEE if they are still a threat. :)

Our spies couldn't even tell Russia was collapsing, so what good are they? we don't stop 1 million people ILLEGALLLY invading us EVERY year, so what good is our military? Get rid of both the spy agencies and the military and SAVE a wasted TRILLION $ a year. Give that trillion to the poorest 50 mill people in US, and each one would get $20,000, EACH YEAR. Since many, if not most, are kids, that would REALLY fix up their parents, and the money would go back into the US economy, instead of making some fat cat military suppliers even MORE of a billionaire than they already ARE.

DON'T friggin tell me that our spec ops guys can't use trucks, boats, skidos, or whatever to get into ANY country and do the above, cause I know it aint so. Also, the N guard DOES have fighter-bomber jets, if it should happen that we need such. We have about a million active military, if pay them 50k a year each, that's just 50 billion $, not the TRILLION $ we now spend on military and spy outfits! so we'd STILL have 950 billion $ to do other, worthwhile things, you see? the military is the largest, STUPIDEST, MOST GROSSLY OVERPAID '"unemployment bureau" ever seen on this earth,by a very, very large margin.

Robert28

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I say we start cutting our overpaid Government officials in Washington and locally. quit paying for their premium healthcare and retirement plans, quit paying for all their expenses while in office.

goundra

Banned
Reaction score
at LEAST. realize what you could do if your taxes were cut by 2/3rds? get rid of social security, too, since it's soon going to collapse anyway, and take the economy with it.

d!ckmojo

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't agree with any of this. If you track the rise and fall of Great Empires, it is always a decline in Military Strength which precipitates a collapse of geo-political and economic strength, not the other way around.

America doesn't just need nukes for self defence and that's it, that is a horribly naive position. Do you know that China is increasing its spending on its Navy each year at a pace more than triple its GDP growth? (its GDP growth is 8% per year btw)

You think that a power vacuum can exist in this world?

When you say
Our spies couldn't even tell Russia was collapsing, so what good are they?
I think that's bullsh1t. I'll let this article explain:
The loss of this front of the culture wars unhinged the West’s political leadership’s capacity to comprehend ethnic affairs in a growingly diverse and mobile world. The same political elite that was surprised when the Soviet Union broke up into its constituent nations—because they did not regard it as an empire consisting of captive nations praying for release—is also managing the progressive swamping of Western nations by mass immigration. The policy is fascinating from the evolutionary perspective because it is drastically reducing the collective fitness of Western populations. Not everything about the process is new. Displacement of populations through colonisation has been happening since time immemorial, usually on a much smaller scale. What distinguishes the present situation throughout much of the West is that it was not initiated by armed invasion. Instead, colonisation is occurring at the invitation of Western elites, often contrary to public opinion. The process is epochal whether viewed through zoological, national or democratic eyes.
http://www.quadrant.org.au/magazine...n-nature-iii-race-and-the-nation-in-the-media

You see, it was a failure of leftist/academia ideology which failed to see the breakup of the Soviet Union, not a failure of the rightist/conservative military.

A strong military is necessary and befitting of a Great Power. If America doesn't want to be a Great Power, you can bet that China does. And the world will be a lot worse off if China becomes the most powerful nation in the world.

America MUST afford a powerful military, and if that means cutting welfare benefits and medical spending, that in my opinion is what needs to be done. Ultimately, America must return to the laissez-faire free market principles of the 19th century which made it rich in the first place if it is to survive, but weak-minded and pathetic leftists will struggle against that necessity every step of the way.

P

perseverance

Hasn't Obama focused his strategy to prop the West up in the Pacific? I hear a large US Naval presence is stationed in that region and that it has resorted in China laying breaks in their underpants and increasing Military spending in Naval Vessels and Tanks. There seems to be a radical shift from the Middle East to Asia as the West looks to remain in charge.

What would benefit the US greatly is if it didn't launch ground wars into country's like Afghanistan and Iraq. I don't understand why the US needs to launch ground Invasions, it has the greatest Military technology in the World. Surely the US can take out its enemies from air or sea? I mean Israel seems to deal with Hamas and Hezbollah without much need of ground forces and the US funds that country's Military.

sarcastic sam

Banned
Reaction score
um ya ok sure how about we get rid of 90% of our military budget, or better yet why don`t we just send a gold embroidered invitation to the Chinese asking them to come over and take over through military force what they haven`t already taken through economic means.

That`ll sure save us a lot of money!

SemperDJ

Don Juan
Reaction score
Don't cut the over all military pay, cut the overpaid government officials that's where our problem is

Machina29

Don Juan
Reaction score
sarcastic sam said:
um ya ok sure how about we get rid of 90% of our military budget, or better yet why don`t we just send a gold embroidered invitation to the Chinese asking them to come over and take over through military force what they haven`t already taken through economic means.

That`ll sure save us a lot of money!
The military is the best place to start because it has the most waste. Why do we subsidize the defense or Britain, Germany, Japan, Korea, and countless other countries while we are bankrupt?

When I was in the Air Force, our squadron received new tools and tool boxes for working on our F-15s. They took our current tools, (high quality Snap-On tools), and replaced them with a ****ty brand. There was no need for this as the current tools we had were not only better quality, but were also still in good condition. The did this because they didn't want a budget cut due to unused funds in the previous fiscal year. The military wastes way too much money.

And China would have a much easier time invading the US with half of our troops tied up in the Middle East and protecting Europe. Most of the "defense" budget is used for Offense and empire building, not defense.

And I don't think anyone would support cutting the soldier's pay and benefits. They need to start taking the lowest bid on contracts instead of giving out contracts to their buddies.

d!ckmojo

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
PairPlusRoyalFlush said:
I remember thinking along these lines when I was 10-12 years old, then I found out that Conservative does not mean Fascist.
I'll tell you who the Fascists are~ the Fascists are the Totalitarian Dictators in control of the most populous nation on earth.

The Hardliners have taken over in China as of last month. Their leaders are now North Korea-trained, expansionist, power-mad generalissimos.

They will do anything to enhance their iron-grip on power and advance the glory of greater china.

They will manipulate their people's sense of historical grievance against the Japanese, British and Americans to foster the case for war, and then they will bully their neighbours like Japan, Vietnam and the Philippines mercilessly.

You'll see. And when they do, you will rue the day you advocated for a weaker military.

btownbuck2012

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah, sure. let's cut 90% of the military budget. After all we live in Disney Land and no one outside our country hates us or anything.

donking

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
obama and most of congress have 0 military experience and yet...

jammer

Banned
Reaction score
is goundra slowly becoming the new gsp2 troll of so suave?

P

perseverance

Machina29 said:
Why do we subsidize the defense or Britain
Do one! How on Earth do you subsidise Britain's Armed Forces? I mean for sure, you take my fellow citizens to die for your Imperialistic ambitions, but you don't subsidise us for that. You should, in fact I would happily welcome a Prime Minister who gave you lot the middle-fingered salute and increased our ties with the BRIC nation states. The United States as a superpower is finished, so I cannot fathom why Britain would want anything to do with it? I would much rather have stronger ties with Brazil, Russia, India and China.

P

perseverance

btownbuck2012 said:
Yeah, sure. let's cut 90% of the military budget. After all we live in Disney Land and no one outside our country hates us or anything.
Maybe if you stopped invading countries, arming small bands of militia, spreading your vision of 'freedom and democracy', nations wouldn't have such hostility towards you.

sarcastic sam

Banned
Reaction score
perseverance said:
Maybe if you stopped invading countries, arming small bands of militia, spreading your vision of 'freedom and democracy', nations wouldn't have such hostility towards you.
yeah sure because we all know Americans want to rule the world instead of just focusing on their own major problems at home

goundra

Banned
Reaction score
they DO want such, or at least are ok with the govt and military DOING so. Look, dude, I already TOLD you nobody DARES invade, or even SERIOUSLY screw with, ANY nuke power. 10% of our military is MORE, by far, than Isreal has, total, and nobody dares screw with them, on any level that ANY military can prevent, that is.

seagull

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
d!ckmojo said:
I don't agree with any of this. If you track the rise and fall of Great Empires, it is always a decline in Military Strength which precipitates a collapse of geo-political and economic strength, not the other way around.

America doesn't just need nukes for self defence and that's it, that is a horribly naive position. Do you know that China is increasing its spending on its Navy each year at a pace more than triple its GDP growth? (its GDP growth is 8% per year btw)

You think that a power vacuum can exist in this world?

When you say
I think that's bullsh1t. I'll let this article explain:
http://www.quadrant.org.au/magazine...n-nature-iii-race-and-the-nation-in-the-media

You see, it was a failure of leftist/academia ideology which failed to see the breakup of the Soviet Union, not a failure of the rightist/conservative military.

A strong military is necessary and befitting of a Great Power. If America doesn't want to be a Great Power, you can bet that China does. And the world will be a lot worse off if China becomes the most powerful nation in the world.

America MUST afford a powerful military, and if that means cutting welfare benefits and medical spending, that in my opinion is what needs to be done. Ultimately, America must return to the laissez-faire free market principles of the 19th century which made it rich in the first place if it is to survive, but weak-minded and pathetic leftists will struggle against that necessity every step of the way.
You've been reading Paul Kennedy, right?

Machina29

Don Juan
Reaction score
Do one! How on Earth do you subsidise Britain's Armed Forces? I mean for sure, you take my fellow citizens to die for your Imperialistic ambitions, but you don't subsidise us for that. You should, in fact I would happily welcome a Prime Minister who gave you lot the middle-fingered salute and increased our ties with the BRIC nation states. The United States as a superpower is finished, so I cannot fathom why Britain would want anything to do with it? I would much rather have stronger ties with Brazil, Russia, India and China.
The US has bases all over the world to "protect" its allies. The US has bases all over Europe, including the UK. Therefore, the UK knows the US is there to defend them if someone were to attack which means they can spend less on their own defense. I agree with you, I wish the British government would stop supporting everything the US does, but they are bought off by the same companies as our government.

yeah sure because we all know Americans want to rule the world instead of just focusing on their own major problems at home
The American people might want to focus on problems here at home, but the government doesn't. The government want us bombing anyone who will not let our corporations in. If the American people didn't support what they government does, they wouldn't keep electing the same people every two years. We elect them, therefore, we are responsible.

Amen. I love how so many Americans think Iran is our enemy while they are ignorant of the wrongs the US and Britain have done to Iran. When one sees what the US does in the middle east and the stuff the British and US did to Iran, it makes sense that Iran wants nukes.

jammer

Banned
Reaction score
Machina29 said:
The American people might want to focus on problems here at home, but the government doesn't. The government want us bombing anyone who will not let our corporations in. If the American people didn't support what they government does, they wouldn't keep electing the same people every two years. We elect them, therefore, we are responsible.
The American government HATES going to war because it knows that wars are ultimately costly and unpopular. They only resort to it when all other avenues have closed, and they're dealing with a terrible mad regime like the Saddam Hussein regime that invaded two countries (Iran and Kuwait) and committed gas attacks against its own people. Letting guys this run amok in a very unstable region was not good business for anybody. European nations learned the hard way long ago that colonialism is more costly than it is worth.

Machina29 said:
Amen. I love how so many Americans think Iran is our enemy while they are ignorant of the wrongs the US and Britain have done to Iran. When one sees what the US does in the middle east and the stuff the British and US did to Iran, it makes sense that Iran wants nukes.
The Iranian people are not the enemy - but the government is. What wrongs have we done to Iran? We helped the place modernize its nation, develop its economy, and helped it build its infrastructure and education system. We encouraged literacy and helped keep the country from becoming a satellite state of the Russian Empire and then later its successor the Soviet Union.

But now, the ultra Islamist Iranian government paints the U.S. as the enemy.. but the entire Iranian nation HATES the government and hopefully - with american support - will be able to throw off the shackles of this insane theocratic dictatorship.