How a build wealth from scratch

saturnalia

Don Juan
Reaction score
evan12 said:
I wounder if there is any tips of how to be rich and powerful man , I know most PUA forums dont talk about this subject because most of their followers are broke or semi broke , but I think a real man should be a good resource getter /provider .
I myself didnt have a wealth , but I have goals to be rich , I hate employment because you will stay slave of bills , but I cant do the transition for self employment .
what do you think guys ?
"Rich Dad, Poor Dad" by Kiyosaki would be a good starting point for you

and watch the following videos as well

http://blog.selfmadewealth.com/2010/01/21/moneys-dirty-little-secret/

http://blog.selfmadewealth.com/2010/03/05/why-we-fail-with-money-and-what-to-do-about-it/

http://blog.selfmadewealth.com/2011/01/23/insights-strategies-to-master-your-money/

SteR

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'd be quite intrigued to hear how many of you actually are wealthy. There never seems to be a shortage of people telling others how to become wealthy but whether they've applied it to their own lives is a completely different matter.

goundra

Banned
Reaction score
it depends upon what you call "wealthy", and KEEPING it is a different thing, too. Mike tyson was so stupid, he lost over 400 MILLION $. diddnt even have enough sense to BURY 1% of it in gold coins, 10 places, and think to self" If I ever need to dig this up, I am effing STOPPING whatever wasted the rest of my $. " :) I"m retired on the intelligent investing of an initial 80k, but I had 30k more to tide me over until the building started paying off (ie, I added tenants before the building was done, and they paid rent with their labor, at $8 an hour cash. :) I did a lot of the work myself, and had to be present for all of the other work. Now I have 2 such buildings, I pay others to manage the tenants and I pay a management company to check up on my managers, so that I am free to go do whatever I want. 60k a year, after tax and I don't have to lift a finger, other than to occasionally call the management company and a friend who lives in the area, who double checks things for me, on occasion.

SteR

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'd like to hear from multi-millionaires if any exist on the boards :)

SteR

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
goundra said:
And why should such men bother to help you?
Er, not sure how to respond to that.. why should anyone help anyone? I would've thought people would like to pass on their knowledge to others?

Fatal Jay

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
you guys feeding determine cats bull$*** I have heard this crap time and time again about stay motivated,work hard yada yada

you skipping a crap load of steps, tell me the best way to get my loans from the bank to get my business, tell me ways to avoid the banks to get loans,tell me the best way to get investors

Im tired of this simple crap, an elementary kid get told this and knows this that if you work hard you will get closer to your goals

I am a grown man, show me the precise steps that worked for you or shutup

Atom Smasher

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A multi-millionaire is unlikely to talk much about money on a forum like this.

Because circumstances and personalities vary so widely, making millions is impossible to formularize. Therefore men just starting out are advised to observe the basic building blocks of success and to then synthesize them into a system that works for him.

The enemy of success is emotion and the inability to accept delayed gratification. To the degree that a man can remind himself that his actions today will profit him in the future, a man will succeed. It is very difficult to overcome a lifetime of instant gratification, but it must be done in order to be a success.

I've also found that taking advantage of every opportunity and squeezing everything you can out of each one goes a long way toward success. The illusion is that today's opportunity will be there tomorrow, and as at age 55 I can tell you that this is not the case. Opportunities are like butterfies in a field. You'd better have your net when you see one because it will flutter away just as quickly as it came.

A man of success knows that there is no formula to success. There is only his own synthesis of proven success principals that will pave the way to riches.

These principals are the very same ones that men applied in ancient Baylon and before that. They are the basic building blocks and it is up to each man to assemble his life with those basic blocks.

That is why the wealthy say, "Work hard" and "Take advantage of opportunities" and "Learn how to motivate yourself" and countless other platitudes. These are your building blocks, and only those who learn how to stack those blocks will succeed. What works in one man's life will not work in others'.

To the mix I will add this:

Don't go after money per se. If you do this, you will become its slave and you will never have enough. Go after forging yourself into being the best, well-rounded YOU that you can be. Take the hammer to yourself and forge character. The money will come.

Mea105

Reaction score
SteR said:
I'd like to hear from multi-millionaires if any exist on the boards :)
Multi-millionaires don't come to you, you have to "go" to them.
Read their succsess storys, biographys etc.

Aristippus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Fatal Jay said:
you guys feeding determine cats bull$*** I have heard this crap time and time again about stay motivated,work hard yada yada

you skipping a crap load of steps, tell me the best way to get my loans from the bank to get my business, tell me ways to avoid the banks to get loans,tell me the best way to get investors

Im tired of this simple crap, an elementary kid get told this and knows this that if you work hard you will get closer to your goals

I am a grown man, show me the precise steps that worked for you or shutup

Hey Jay,

I'm not rich but I know how to live well off of little $. So I guess you could use a few things I mention here to either enjoy life more with what little money you have or to save $ and then take the money you save and put it in the bank if you wanted to invest $

The idea isn't to suffer. The idea is to enjoy life, buy quality items when you need to, enjoy good food, and take lots of small vacations without spending tons of money.

The first thing is, don't buy things you don't need. If you LIKE something, but really don't need it, walk away 90% of the time. 10% of the time or less, if buying the item won't put you in a bind, buy it. But look for a similar item of lower price. Also, don't buy anything that you can't pay cash for right then. NO credit card debt. Either you can afford it now or you save up for it.

Another thing I like to do. Spend less on everything so that you can save up a little bit of money and take little one or 2-day trips. Depending on where you live, take these day trips within the state you live. If you live in a state with mountains, take a day trip to the mountains. When you take your day trip, look for a hotel you like on a coupon site.

If you're buying medication or a product that is used for a specific purpose (example: dandruff shampoo), look at the active ingredient and what the percentage is of the active ingredient. If the active ingredient is the exact same, and in the same amounts, buy the generic brand. The active ingredient is what does the job.

Instead of paying to rent movies at a video store, find free entertainment. Either go to the library and check out dvds there or if you're online, find movies on hulu or other websites that offer free content.

For cheap movies, go buy a vhs player. Then go buy old video tapes. Lots of entertainment at a fraction of the price. Old technology can be your friend. I have an attractive monitor that looks like brand new. The only thing is, it isn't an lcd flat screen monitor. It's the tube style monitor. But i take good care of my stuff and it looks brand new.

If you want to upgrade your computer, instead of buying everything new, just keep your monitor and buy the tower. You pay more when you purchase the tower with a new monitor. You can buy refurbished towers at a fraction of the cost as new ones. But if you buy a new tower, that's one way to upgrade and you save a couple of hundred bucks. Buy stylish clothes, but shop around for high discounts or find a style you like in a less expensive brand.

If you need your car repaired, do the repairs yourself. You could save hundreds or thousands of dollars there. For food, cook at home as often as possible. Bring your lunch to work with you. If you want coffee or hot chocolate, make it at home. Buy your soft drinks at the grocery store instead of the convenience store. These are just a few little ideas. The idea is, you save 2 dollars here. 10 there. 20 here. 100 there. Before you know it, you're saving money on every little thing but not suffering because of it.

Instead of being nickled and dimed and dollared to death, you nickle and dime and dollar more money into your bank account. Then you either save it up for your own business or you save it for an emergency or save it and take a 2 day beach trip with your girlfriend or wife.

Anyway, just a few ideas. I don't make a lot of money but I've lived pretty good off of what I make by simply spending wisely and not getting into debt. If you want to start a business, you could start one that requires very low investment. If you don't want to start a business but want to start a career, pick a career where you have lower time and money investment but where the demand is high. One example.... take up a trade where the schooling doesn't take too long, isn't too expensive, and in a field that pays more than what you're doing, and you can work up from there.

Let's say you were an unskilled laborer. Then you could take an auto mechanics program and improve your financial situation once you take the classes and start work. Schooling for that, I'm guessing, is probably one year. Then you could easily start making more money. If you're a PTA then take classes to become a physical therapist. Just a few examples. The idea is that you can improve your financial situation is steps. It might lead you to living more comfortably and if you find out how to be a millionaire, those first steps might make it easier for you to get there.

Like I said, I'm not rich. I live well off of little. But I don't see why you couldn't benefit from that right now and then use that as a way to move yourself into a better position.

Fatal Jay

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
yeah im done that savings, and budget rode as we speak,thanks

lili19771

Don Juan
Reaction score
Calm down with the over thinking guys. You have a few options to get rich from scratch.

1. Move to a place with a good economy for starters.

2. If you can't, or would rather stay put, then try to move up in the company you work for and/or start a side business/take some classes in something that will help

3. Pinch every god damn penny you can. For me, not having a social life for 4 months allowed me to save up for an old and reliable bmw.

4. If you're a risk taker, try gambling. One of my buddies plays a lot of poker at different places and usually rakes in 2-300 a week.

5. Be creative with anything that you do. Think outside of the box and don't allow yourself to ever feel to comfortable.

6. Donate sperm/blood.

7. Get roommates and split rent. This works out a lot better if they are the quiet type who don't party every night.

8. Oh and uh don't waste your time reading vague bull****. You're better off with concrete ideas amd most of it is fluff anyway. "Work out so you can garner respect." Uhm ya. You must be scrawny to think that working out gets respect.

9. Realise that you probabpy wont get rich. Unless you follow these tips until you are old cause these are the "slowly but surely" ways.

switch

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
lili19771 said:
Calm down with the over thinking guys. You have a few options to get rich from scratch.

1. Move to a place with a good economy for starters.

2. If you can't, or would rather stay put, then try to move up in the company you work for and/or start a side business/take some classes in something that will help

3. Pinch every god damn penny you can. For me, not having a social life for 4 months allowed me to save up for an old and reliable bmw.

4. If you're a risk taker, try gambling. One of my buddies plays a lot of poker at different places and usually rakes in 2-300 a week.

5. Be creative with anything that you do. Think outside of the box and don't allow yourself to ever feel to comfortable.

6. Donate sperm/blood.

7. Get roommates and split rent. This works out a lot better if they are the quiet type who don't party every night.

8. Oh and uh don't waste your time reading vague bull****. You're better off with concrete ideas amd most of it is fluff anyway. "Work out so you can garner respect." Uhm ya. You must be scrawny to think that working out gets respect.

9. Realise that you probabpy wont get rich. Unless you follow these tips until you are old cause these are the "slowly but surely" ways.
hmm he can do those things......and he will always be poor

i don't know how to get rich...but i sure as hell know that this ain't the way to do it

Fatal Jay

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
1-3,5,and 8 was good

I would disregard the rest, gambling is in fact anti rich