House Party

AlexDP

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm hosting a small party this Saturday. I think there will be around 20 people there. I'm keeping it rather small, because I don't want to spend ages to clean up and have neighbours to consider. Any tips on making it an incredible event?

MainDroite

Don Juan
Reaction score
You need some social lube. Alcohol will do. Refrain from smoking weed until the very end. Grooveshark.com should help you with the music (keep a separate room for dancers).

So is this a genuine party or are you simply trying to find an excuse for bedding one of your guests? If the latter, is it someone specific?

Good luck!

AlexDP

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
MainDroite said:
You need some social lube. Alcohol will do. Refrain from smoking weed until the very end. Grooveshark.com should help you with the music (keep a separate room for dancers).

So is this a genuine party or are you simply trying to find an excuse for bedding one of your guests? If the latter, is it someone specific?

Good luck!
Just a party really. A girl I like is coming, but to be frank I don't know if I'll have the time to entertain her. Looking good in front of her would be nice though.

PokerStar

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
i myself throw parties on a regular so ill throw you a tip or two.

1. Make sure you have people network. introduce your boys to other girls and vice versa. who know you could be playing cupid for some lucky couple.

2. if you are serving drinks make sure your friends and the party goers have a ride home. friends dont let friends drink and drive.

3. be social, talk to everyone. you dont have to be the life of the party, but you bring the party to life.

4. if the girl you like happens to vibe out on you. ask her to help out with the clean up after. (if she really likes you, she will help out)

5. serve food.

6. have fun!

AlexDP

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
PokerStar said:
i myself throw parties on a regular so ill throw you a tip or two.

1. Make sure you have people network. introduce your boys to other girls and vice versa. who know you could be playing cupid for some lucky couple.

2. if you are serving drinks make sure your friends and the party goers have a ride home. friends dont let friends drink and drive.

3. be social, talk to everyone. you dont have to be the life of the party, but you bring the party to life.

4. if the girl you like happens to vibe out on you. ask her to help out with the clean up after. (if she really likes you, she will help out)

5. serve food.

6. have fun!
Great. Now I was thinking about the drinks part: I am not a rich man. In fact, I am a student. In Belgium it's quite normal to ask people to bring their own liquor, so I think I might do that. I'm also thinking of preparing some sort of fancy ****tail (actually a mate wants to prepare it, but okay). About the food: I'm thinking tapas. What do you think?

PokerStar

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
hey man. anything to sober them up at the end of the night. maybe order a pizza or 2. as long as there is something to munch on.

fancy **** tails are cool for the women i suggest something with gin(panty remover)

BYOB is cool that way you dont spend that much $$

AlexDP

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
MainDroite said:
I heard Europeans are not very strong on BYOB. That's an american thing.
Dude, I am European, I know what "we" like :D.

AlexDP

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
MainDroite said:
I was waiting for you to confirm this information. ;)
One thing you should know though is that there are vast cultural differences between Europeans. It's very hard to put the Italians in the same category as the Dutch for example. I often see people label certain things or behaviours as "European" on this forum, but it is nonsense, because of the big internal differences.

AlexDP

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
MainDroite said:
I was waiting for you to confirm this information. ;)
One thing you should know though is that there are vast cultural differences between Europeans. It's very hard to put the Italians in the same category as the Dutch for example. I often see people label certain things or behaviours as "European" on this forum, but it is nonsense, because of the big internal differences.

joverby

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Card drinking games like president or bullsh1t are always fun(google some). And beer pong is always choice too.

MainDroite

Don Juan
Reaction score
You're right. I just thought most Europeans thought that way as alcohol in general is ultra cheap there.

Water is more expensive than wine in several areas in France. :p