Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

HOT or NOT

Crazy Asian

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
i don't understand how they get their averages.
right now, i'm a 9+, but my highest rating is a 9
i don't have any 10s so how could i possibly average to be above my highest rating?

also, move this to the AE section plz, for some reason, AE is blocked on my laptop.

oakraiderz2

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The rating graph is jacked...ive wondered the samething for a while, too. I have a 9.4 but i have WAAAY more 5s and lower.

Dragon

Don Juan
Reaction score
It has something to do with the way people vote. It actually tracks HOW people vote and their patterns. It was funny because I showed a friend of mine hotornot for the first time the other day and the first girl we saw was like a 7 but he immediatelly said "3". I was like "What?! A 3 is some really ugly fat chick. This chic is HARDLY a 3". The thing is, some people don't actually know how to properly rate. If they don't see someone who is absolutelly attractive, like a 9 or 10, they immediatelly go for a really low number. So the HotOrNot app is "smart enough" to know how to average those people who are not rating right. I put some photos on HotOrNot and sometimes I get 10s but other times I've gotten 1's, 2's, and 3's. Now, to me, a 1 is someone who is disfigured and malformed so I KNOW I am NOT a 1. But people are stupid the way they rate. The will go ahead and rate everybody a 1 who they're not attracted to. And HotOrNot knows better than to legitimatelly count those toward your rating.

In Motion

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I wouldnt pay too much attention to the rating system, on the VERY rare occasions that I do visit HotOrNot I click 9 for attractive girls and 1 for ugly or girls that I personally dont find attractive. Yeah, I know its pretty mean, but I really dont give a flying donkey dìck. Its just to get me to the next picture, Im not gonna sit there and do equations or figure out that I think she is like a 7. And Im guessing alot of other people do the same thing

r0cky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
HotorNot is not very reliable. But if you get enough votes (about 500 or so) the score becomes a little more realistic.
my pic had a 9.9 with the first 50 votes, now its a 9.4 with 700 votes.
Yes I'm that handsome :p

bigjohnson

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
They use a curve-fitting algorithm to 'help' people be more statistically correct. Essentially the developers believe they know how the attractiveness of their users should be distributed statistically and normalize to their assumption.

Wodan

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Read the graph on your score, add the numbers up, divide by the number of numbers. and thats your real rating and no your not hotter than 85% of people if your rating is 8.6

Darth

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
In Motion said:
I wouldnt pay too much attention to the rating system, on the VERY rare occasions that I do visit HotOrNot I click 9 for attractive girls and 1 for ugly or girls that I personally dont find attractive.
lol. That's what I do.