Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Hot girl approached at the airport -- SUCCESS! Now what?

wiggadude

Don Juan
Reaction score
While waiting for a flight at the airport I saw a really attractive girl walking into the terminal. She sat down and began to read a book. A few minutes later I moved over to her gate, sat down right across from her, and proceeded to read my own book. While "reading" my book, I was basically checking her out the whole time. I seriously couldn't believe how
attractive she was.

After a few minutes I asked her "Hey, what are you reading?" She was immediately very friendly and talking to her was very pleasant. As it turns out I had already read her book, so we had a really good conversation about it. Then she asked me what I was reading (a history book), and as I told her about it she seemed very interested and asked many questions. Then we talked about our jobs, and we found out that we are both going to graduate school this fall, in the same area. The great thing is that she asked me a lot of questions about myself. We continued to talk about our jobs and what we wanted to do in graduate school. Suddenly I heard on the loudspeaker system that my flight was departing, so I quickly told her that I had to go, and I asked her if there's an email address where I could reach her. She immediately said that it would be great to keep in touch... she didn't hesitate one second. I gave her my Sidekick cellphone (it has a little keyboard) and she typed in her email address. She then showed me what she had typed in and said "by the way, my name is Julie, what's yours?" She extended her hand, we shook hands, and she said "it was very nice to meet you!". As I grabbed my bags to run to my terminal I looked back and said "See you later!" and she smiled and waved. I should note that she seemed very intelligent, which is a big turn-on for me.

This happend on Saturday morning. I didn't give her my contact info, so I was planning to send her an email on Monday
evening. Please, no comments about "Dude you should've gotten her number instead!" because the email approach has worked well for me in the past. Besides, if she's really interested, it will work just as well. This is a good start I think, so
I will work with what I have.

What's good about email is that it's comfortable for both parties. There is significantly more psychological pressure on both sides in the first phone call than in a bunch of emails.

She seemed like a very smart, cool girl, so I won't be playing "the game". I just want to keep it simple. Here's what I
was going to say:

---
Hi Julie,

It was nice to meet you on Saturday -- too bad we couldn't talk longer! I was just heading to San Diego for the day to
visit a friend.

I didn't quite catch what you were planning to study in grad school, was it Econ? Now that the grad school application process is finally over, I'm just glad I can stick around in this area... after five years of living here the place has grown on me. I'm originally from Germany and moved to the midwest with my family about twelve years ago. How about you, are you from around here?

Talk to you later,

wiggadude
---

Is this too touch-feely? Too nice-guy? I don't want to appear like a chump. I need to sound confident...

I'm thinking the first email is too early to ask for a get-together. But it may not be too early to ask for her number. What do you guys think?

TillTheEndOfTime

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
There is one thing that concerns me about this. Do you even know if she is single? It doesn't look like you asked or hinted at wanting to know.

The approach was very friendly, which is not a bad think in and of itself. However, you didn't make it clear enough in my opinion from how you explained the approach that you were looking for more than another friend. For example instead of just saying "That's my plane I got to go, can I have your e-mail?" you could say "Look....that's my plane I got to go now. Are you single? Cool...well I'd like to get to know you a little better, how can I reach you?" (assuming she's single).

Notice that the second approach establishes

1) A definite sense of what you're after

2) You get to see just how interested she is (i.e. giving out a phone number is probably an indicator of higher IL than giving out a less personal contact such as an e-mail).

3) You leave with no doubt of where you stand with her (whether rejected or accepted)

For your e-mail, I'd suggest to try to cut to the point and avoid the friendly type of chit-chat.

DJDamage

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
See I have this problem with getting someone email because you cannot gauge someone interest when you don't hear their voice and instead of having a conversation with her, you are in a wait and see process with your computer's email (you don't know if the email you send will go into her junk mail, you don't know when she will recieve it, you don't know if she will decide to respond and when and you don't know how many emails it would take to get her number and lend a date).

The best you can do is keep it short to the point and funny.

" Hey Julie, guess who? what you don't remember me?! of coarse you do, this is wiggadude and I am back in town and ready to have some fun, Ive got some crazy stories to tell you (make sure you have at least 2 good ones!) meet me next thursday at _______ (location) and we can catch up on a few things."

wiggadude

Don Juan
Reaction score
So you all think I should cut straight to the point? As in "let's get together"? Or should I ask for her number first, and then ask her on the phone?

I was going to do some chit-chat first, but it looks like everyone here thinks I should skip that.

DJDamage

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Skip the chit chat - either write to her to meet you somewhere or write to her to give you her number so you can give her a call. E-mailing each other and chit chatting without going out, is what she does with her girlfriends, you don't want to be another girlfriend.

Snatchmaster

Don Juan
Reaction score
Congrats on the airport pick-up.

Get the number, now!!

Call her and guage the situation. If all seems good, invite her to visit you or to take a weekend trip together so you can explore the emotional geography you may share.

I did this with a woman I picked up in an aiport. Later, we were very flirty on the phone, so I invited her to visit me for a long weekend, with the challenge that she would fall in love with me before she went home.

The ground rules were no sex, only spooning, kissing and sleeping together. Woke up rubbing her breasts and the rules died. She didn't fall in love, but what a weekend....I visited her a few months later.

It helps if you have the cash to buy her ticket to visit you. But really, first get on the phone and establish some flirty rapport.