Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

horrible break up

albert baus

Reaction score
Hi. I broke up with a girl after 2 years and a half, less than a month ago_Our relationship has been pretty messy and incredibly intense-in a good way-most of the time. She displays many symptoms of borderline personality disorder: push and pull, devaluation-ideation, depression, panic attacks(severe), lashing out and self-mutilation( no cutting but continuous scratching on the skin leaving a lot of scars-I know it's strange but scary nonetheless).She seduced me in the beginning, but as I grew closer and started showing real interest in her-six months in the relationship- everything started to go to hell very slowly- but gradually.She started withholding affection- from time to time- after a year or so and accused me of forcing her sexually- which was never true obviously. I know this girl since we were teens- we are now both 29- and,already then, she showed signs of depression and anxiety. Every time she hoovered me back I took her back , because I really loved her, but it became unbearable for me during the last six months. When the devaluation kicked in she would pick fights for stupid reasons, blamed me for everything and did everything she could to sabotage the relationship- more on this later. She is heavily paxil-dependent and suffered panic attacks because she stopped the medication ten months in the relationship. I tried my best to help her and she started seeing a therapist.When she resumed the medication she quit therapy and things got worse. The splitting thing with her was cyclical.She would say things like " I love you", "I miss you" all the time when I was at work or she needed me for something, but as we would grow closer and things started to really be good- especially on holidays- she would pick a fight and blame me. I made mistakes, but I always took responsability and tried my best...She never did.We had a major break up in april 2012, because I suspected she cheated on me. She denied it, but I figured out it was better to end it. She did everything to get me back after 3 weeks- texted me, stalked me- and ultimately I got hoovered- bad bad mistake. Things went well for a month or so and then the monster was back. She continued to abuse me physically- punched, kicked, scratched me on several occasions during the last year.I tought it was the medication- I've read somewhere that paxil can make people violent and self-destructive-, but it was too much. I never reacted- I'm trained in martial arts and pretty strong guy so I knew how to minimize damage and went away every time I could-, but during an argument she went as far as biting me on my harm very violently: I had just told her that I had proof she cheated on me because I met the guy-ugly and stupid nonetheless- and he confessed after I "persuaded" him to do so-anyway he obviously tought she was single.She denied again and said awful things like " I need you out of my life", " you're crazy" etc.This time the hoovering didn't work- but she seduced me sexually after a week.The last time I saw her at her house- I went there to take back my things- she begged me to forgive her- about the violence not the cheating which she still denies- and said she was very "ashamed". I told her I knew she was already starting things with another guy- which is true- and that it was over.She started to abuse me verbally, and threatened to call the police on me- for no reason apart from the fact that I told her that she cannot live in denial of her problem. She then went away with a friend- female- and texted me several times. I talked to her on the phone and she said she wanted me back- she wanted to spend the holydays together. I told her this wasn't the case and that the only thing I wanted was closure- a thing she will never give me obviously. She called me the next day and said a lot of nasty things, told me she didn't want see me again and that I wasn't her boyfriend anymore- great discovery.Then she sent me a text in which she wrote something like" Too bad we are not together, it would have been nice for ME to do x and y with you" and some other nonesense.I went no contact from there and she stopped calling me.Believe it or not, I'm suffering. It was like waking up from a nightmare. It's four weeks now and I think I have ptsd. I avoided every place where i could meet her. I think I'll change my number very soon. I'm happy she is not stalking me again, but I feel a lot of rage.I was really stupid. All the things I did for her were useless. No closure, only blaming, lies, betrayal. She is telling people horrible things about me now- a smear campaign started as soon as I discovered the thruth and left her.I'm looking for suggestions on how to get over this. I don't want to have anything to do with her anymore...but I miss the good times- which were probably as fake as she is- and my heart is still broken-but my mind is strong.thanks for reading.

roman81

Don Juan
Reaction score
Chin up son!! You're nearly on the the home straight, you did the the right thing by getting out. Just keep reminding yourself why you broke up and never look back.

Welcome to the forums :)

VladPatton

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Just think of it as dodging a bullet. Onward and forward. Change that number, change your life, and most importantly change your mentality for the better.

Kbomb

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
ok, i just have to tell you that the enter button is your friend.

You should be wary though of attracting or being attracted to this type of person again.

pinkfl

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I've heard that women with bpd feel "cured" at the beginning of a relationship because of all the positive chemicals released in their brain.

However at the end of the day, you cannot care about someone that does not care about themselves enough to protect their health. She sounds like she had a lot of issues.

Ignore whatever is said about you. People will believe more what they see and less what they hear. If they see that you are a normal, nice guy, then they are less likely to believe the crap that an ex says (if anything, they will believe the opposite)

Harry Wilmington

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Wow. WOW. This post is SO full of contradictions.

"Our relationship has been messy and intense - in a good way" - this doesn't even make sense. Relationships with the right person should never be messy, and people confuse "intense" with "passion" all the time - which, in this case, wasn't there from her end.

I'm trying to figure out what "good times" you're talking about - the ones where she cheated on you or abused you, LoL. Seriously, though, your mind is playing tricks on you: you fell for a girl you thought was hot and she treated you like crap. The only thing you're missing is her "hotness," which was going to fade at some point anyway.

3 billion girls, man. 3 billion girls. Get some focus and find another one.

Iceberg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
albert baus said:
Hi. I broke up with a girl after 2 years and a half, less than a month ago. Our relationship has been pretty messy and incredibly intense-in a good way-most of the time.

She displays many symptoms of borderline personality disorder: push and pull, devaluation-ideation, depression, panic attacks(severe), lashing out and self-mutilation( no cutting but continuous scratching on the skin leaving a lot of scars-I know it's strange but scary nonetheless).

She seduced me in the beginning, but as I grew closer and started showing real interest in her-six months in the relationship- everything started to go to hell very slowly- but gradually.She started withholding affection- from time to time- after a year or so and accused me of forcing her sexually- which was never true obviously.

I know this girl since we were teens- we are now both 29- and,already then, she showed signs of depression and anxiety. Every time she hoovered me back I took her back , because I really loved her, but it became unbearable for me during the last six months. When the devaluation kicked in she would pick fights for stupid reasons, blamed me for everything and did everything she could to sabotage the relationship- more on this later.

She is heavily paxil-dependent and suffered panic attacks because she stopped the medication ten months in the relationship. I tried my best to help her and she started seeing a therapist. When she resumed the medication she quit therapy and things got worse. The splitting thing with her was cyclical.

She would say things like " I love you", "I miss you" all the time when I was at work or she needed me for something, but as we would grow closer and things started to really be good- especially on holidays- she would pick a fight and blame me. I made mistakes, but I always took responsability and tried my best...She never did.

We had a major break up in april 2012, because I suspected she cheated on me. She denied it, but I figured out it was better to end it. She did everything to get me back after 3 weeks- texted me, stalked me- and ultimately I got hoovered- bad bad mistake. Things went well for a month or so and then the monster was back. She continued to abuse me physically- punched, kicked, scratched me on several occasions during the last year. I tought it was the medication- I've read somewhere that paxil can make people violent and self-destructive-, but it was too much.

I never reacted- I'm trained in martial arts and pretty strong guy so I knew how to minimize damage and went away every time I could-, but during an argument she went as far as biting me on my harm very violently: I had just told her that I had proof she cheated on me because I met the guy-ugly and stupid nonetheless- and he confessed after I "persuaded" him to do so-anyway he obviously tought she was single.

She denied again and said awful things like " I need you out of my life", " you're crazy" etc. This time the hoovering didn't work- but she seduced me sexually after a week. The last time I saw her at her house- I went there to take back my things- she begged me to forgive her- about the violence not the cheating which she still denies- and said she was very "ashamed". I told her I knew she was already starting things with another guy- which is true- and that it was over.

She started to abuse me verbally, and threatened to call the police on me- for no reason apart from the fact that I told her that she cannot live in denial of her problem. She then went away with a friend- female- and texted me several times. I talked to her on the phone and she said she wanted me back- she wanted to spend the holydays together. I told her this wasn't the case and that the only thing I wanted was closure- a thing she will never give me obviously. She called me the next day and said a lot of nasty things, told me she didn't want see me again and that I wasn't her boyfriend anymore- great discovery.

Then she sent me a text in which she wrote something like" Too bad we are not together, it would have been nice for ME to do x and y with you" and some other nonesense. I went no contact from there and she stopped calling me.Believe it or not, I'm suffering. It was like waking up from a nightmare.

It's four weeks now and I think I have ptsd. I avoided every place where i could meet her. I think I'll change my number very soon. I'm happy she is not stalking me again, but I feel a lot of rage. I was really stupid.

All the things I did for her were useless. No closure, only blaming, lies, betrayal. She is telling people horrible things about me now- a smear campaign started as soon as I discovered the thruth and left her.

I'm looking for suggestions on how to get over this. I don't want to have anything to do with her anymore...but I miss the good times- which were probably as fake as she is- and my heart is still broken-but my mind is strong. thanks for reading.
First - I'm sorry about what you've been through.
Second - Did you type this on a calculator? Dude....break that sh!t into paragraphs. This was impossible to read.

There is no way to get over this. It's just going to take time. Time and isolation (from her, not your friends). Invest your time into hobbies and friends. Go to the gym. Go on vacation.

This girl was a lunatic. And it's hard to break up with these crazy girls because the push-and-pull becomes very addictive. It might take weeks or months, but you'll be fine. Go see your friends, and maybe find a few girls to warm your bed. Time is the only cure, but you can help the process by putting your mind on other things.

albert baus

Reaction score
Thank you very much for all your responses.
My friends are telling me the same things: "Stay away" is the common denominator and they are right- most of them told me the same long before the break up and they were right. I have no intention of breaking no contact EVER- changing my number, as I said, will help.I still have things at her house-mostly books- and they will remain there.

Iceberg you're right, I was addicted to her drama, I lost myself in her blaming and felt like it was MY problem- and in a certain way it was, but I wasn't the crazy one. I never had an experience like this and I'll be much more aware in the future.

I started researching about bpd during the last months and I was blown away by the similarities between her behaviors and the disorder. She is undiagnosed, but her older sister is a diagnosed full blown bpd who ruined two families- she went as far as attempting suicide in front of her children and lost custody of them. I knew about this when I was a year in the relationship.

@Harry wilmington: I appreciate your opinion-technically flawless-, although I partially disagree. First: as I said things were very good in the beginning, during what they call "honeymoon phase".The first year was mostly very promising although the red flags were all there- and I ignored them. I was caught in a codependent relationship and I genuinely loved someone who just fears intimacy and is emotionally unstable. Things got worse gradually, very gradually. I think you never dated someone like this and I hope you never will-really.

Second: I never found her "hot"- that's subjective by the way. I thought she was kind of cute, but not my type- physically speaking. She tried to start a sexual relationship years before and I wasn't interested. When we began to date in 2010 she did everything to seduce me sexually and succeded, but I started getting really attracted to her- ALSO physically- because of the emotional bond she created. It's hard to explain really. I started being physically attracted in a very strange way- and obviously I still feel attraction to some level. But it's different than everything I felt before. I dated hot girls- much much sexier than her- but without this feeling... What kept me there was an emotional dependency. Also people with bpd show passion as much as they withhold it- as I said she had this cycles-...but anyway I hope you'll never understand!

On the other hand , as you say, this was not an healthy relationship at all and she was too unstable to meet my needs. She was TOTALLY unstable!

By the way sorry for the way I wrote...I'll behave myself!

5string

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You are being mind fvcked and don't even know it. Either that or you are in denial. Probably the latter. Best unfvck yourself right now and move on.

The shear number of bpd threads on this site should speak volumes to you.

Watch your six or in the end, you won't have one.

albert baus

Reaction score
5string said:
You are being mind fvcked and don't even know it. Either that or you are in denial. Probably the latter. Best unfvck yourself right now and move on.

The shear number of bpd threads on this site should speak volumes to you.

Watch your six or in the end, you won't have one.

I'll do 5string...
You're right I've been mind f*****...I was just explaining the bad influence I was under during the relationship. I allowed her to do it and I was SO SO wrong.
I've been reading several threads about this and I totally recognize what I went through.
I'll never let my guard down again like this. Anyway the emotional damage is pretty big, but after a bit less than month I already feel better. I'm never going back watching my back.

5string

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
albert baus said:
I'll do 5string...
You're right I've been mind f*****...I was just explaining the bad influence I was under during the relationship. I allowed her to do it and I was SO SO wrong.
I've been reading several threads about this and I totally recognize what I went through.
I'll never let my guard down again like this. Anyway the emotional damage is pretty big, but after a bit less than month I already feel better. I'm never going back watching my back.
Listen up Albert

There are many men on this site who have dealt with an "emotional vampire." Just create a thread and ask for more advice and you'll get it. This is much more common than you think, and even more dangerous than you know.

Take care of yourself.