Honey Before Bed?

Axcell

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I would figure it's the opposite. Honey is purely sugars (fructose). Therefore, if you enjoy eating honey, I would eat it in the morning so you are able to burn it. If you eat it late, you will have to say hello to all the fat that comes along with it! (Honey doesn't give the best insulin response and it promotes fat gain.) That's just basic logic though, I am not a qualified nutritionist.

However, if you are going to try this, I would recommend you to consume raw and unprocessed honey. It may be a little bit more expensive, but the benefits are much greater than the normal honey. (It helps with digestion, moisturizes your throat, and it has small amounts of vitamin C, calcium, iron, and fibre.)

It also matters how much you will be consuming; everything needs to be taken in moderation. Honey is good for digestion, but if you consume too much, it builds up dampness in the spleen. (Just beware of health complications from honey which can arise later in life, such as liver problems, kidney stones, etc.) I suggest consuming a large amount of water on a daily basis if you are going to try this as well.

Just my 2 cents based on some common knowledge and things I have researched in the past.

Besides, do you really trust a website that is TRYING to sell a product of honey! It's all marketing, and I doubt it is true.

SAFC

Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm not really interested in trying it, but I have heard of a few people who do. They claim it works, but I'm sceptical. The honey website isn't the most reputable source, but the man himself is a nutritionalist who has worked with olympians and other athletes, some of whom are reported to do it.

I would have thought the same as you, that if you were to eat honey at all, it would be best to consume in the morning.

windust505

Reaction score
Don't know about fat loss, but it does help me fall asleep better and it can keep you healthy. It has been used since ancient times.