Homecomming tips

mike14

Don Juan
Reaction score
This is my softmore year in highschool, and i am thinking about acsually going to homecomming this year. I am not realy know how to dance, exept slow dance. I am also not that popular at school, I dont know how it is, are you supposed to dance the whole time or what? I am probly going with a friend or two maybee, but i dont know alot of other people that go to my school, should i just go up to girls and ask them to dance? Also, do u guys know of any good websites or methods that could teach me to dance?

advice will be appreciated
thank you

stomping

Don Juan
Reaction score
..............softmore? lol

Not many girls go to homecoming alone.....so it might be hard to find someone to dance with there. My advide is to just ask a decent looking girl who doesn't have a date, she'll say yes........maybe

Canadianpimpology

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
You don't evne have to have a date. Don't worry what he said^^^. There will be PLENTY of girls going without dates. There are tons of dancing tips, and I'm not an expert dancer myself so I don't wanna give you too many BAD tips lol. Just relax, FEEL the beat, be familiar with the songs that are going to be played, and don't sweat grindin...its easy stuff.

PEACEDJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If I was in your situation and I was a sophomore.. then I would dance with FRESHMEN girls!!!!!!!! Dress nicely and walk in there proudly and you don't always got to dance with a girl, the scene will put you in the mood to dance and I learned the "perculator?" from a couple of black girls.

Ace of Spades

Don Juan
Reaction score
Don't worry about not knowing how to dance. I'm a senior now, and I've been going to dances since day one in HS, but I still can't dance.

But the thing is, nobody can. And nobody cares. Nobody is gonna make fun of you or laugh at you cause they're too busy having fun, regardless of whether or not they can dance.

Oh, by the way, soemething unusual happened to me before homecoming this year. I had a date, and about a week before the dance she calls me up and tells me that she'd rather not go this year and that I'd have more fun with someone else. So I did, and it was still cool. I saw the other chick there with another guy, and I'm pissed at her cause she lied to me.

If she had told me flat out that she doesn't wanna go with me instead of lying I'd be much happier. I hate lying *****es.

triple_ultima

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
If you ask me, homecoming is an incredibly stupid idea, though I went to mine. It seems to be just an excuse to encourage AFC behavior; you ASK the girl, pay for her dinner, etc. It is MUCH better to go stag, because you don't want to be stuck with one girl the entire night. It just isn't fun, and you don't want to be one of those idiots that has sex on the dance floor.

The most valuable tip i can give you is to DANCE. The only people who go to a dance and don't DANCE are complete losers. The best thing you could do for your popularity would be to dance - don't just stand in one place and move up and down though. Lose all your inhibitions and do crazy crap. It'll get you noticed and most likely help your popularity. There is one freshmen at my high school (I'm a senior) who makes a complete idiot of himself, but everybody loves him for it.

The best thing to do is lose yourself in the crowd. At every dance I go to, I don't dance with any one person; I go in the middle of the crowd and dance by myself. It is so much more fun that way, and people notice you more. Chances are that a girl will just come up and start to dance with you.

Above all else, have fun. Life is too short to be afraid.