Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Hollywood is brainwashing us all

AverageFC

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I know this has been discussed with cartoons.

Little girls watch the Disney movies(Sleeping Beauty, Beauty & the Beast, Little Mermaid, etc) and grow up thinking "some day their prince will come".

I think the same thing can be said with men. I mean we've all seen the Disney movies, we were kids. I bet some men watch these, and think that there is some "princess" out there for him to win with AFC behavior.

But this isn't about cartoons. This is about Hollywood. I swear 100% of all movies these days that aren't sophomoric comedies are written by women. They have to be. I mean think about it. The basic movie has a love story, mainly so women actually go see movies. If movies didn't have love stories, the theaters would be packed with men(Who doesnt like sh1t like Boondock Saints or Ravenous)

Every movie with a love story in it has some completely AFC loser and a girl he's trying to woo. DJs don't exist in movies. And the worst thing is, the AFC behavior works. The AFC buys the girl stupid sh1t, acts like a buffoon around her, and still wins the girl. We see movies all the time about nerds getting with the hot girl. That doesn't really happen.

People watch movies and think theyre real, and think theyre an accurate reflection of real life. This isn't true. Acting like the AFC dude in the movies isn't going to get you the girl.

squirrels

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A universe...where heartbreak and sadness have bee
I spent a couple of minutes pondering how to respond to this thread...at first I was going to point out how the princes in Disney movies were always the princess-wooing, dragon-slaying, handsome rugged types, not "AFCs", then I was going to point out how this "media's fault" subject has been done to death and is just another place for YOU to pass the buck. After debating it, though, I figure that the best way to respond is:

This thread is gay.

DJHoolahoop

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
that's where i've been going wrong!!

damn you walt disney, you made me believe i should act afc. No wonder I had no luck with women, as i was making the same mistakes over and over again.

That's exactly what I'm starting to now see, that being a DJ is the only way to be. No longer should I be a slave to afc behaviour, thank god i found this forum, it's truly been a savior.

:D :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

diplomatic_lie

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Erm, you know, in the days of princes and princesses, times were a lot different. That's why they called it the "medieval era".

AverageFC

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by diplomatic_lie
Erm, you know, in the days of princes and princesses, times were a lot different. That's why they called it the "medieval era".

Yeah but people don't think like that, that's logic.

at first I was going to point out how the princes in Disney movies were always the princess-wooing, dragon-slaying, handsome rugged types
Like...Aladdin? You gotta be joking.

00Kevin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
it is true that hollywood is confusing the natural order of the sexes. it is also true that you don't see movies with DJ's in them

Even the new James Bond movies are horrible. They are filled with ass kicking ninja women. What ever happened to the girly girls that just said, "oh james" and looked sexy.

why can't they just make a movie where the women act like women and not men.

I want to see a movie where the guys act like men and the women are girly girls. The girls don't even have to be smart just sexy.

As for the ass kicking ninja women... I'm not interested in women fighting men. i'm sick of it. it just looks so fake and I just can't accept the reality of it.

Sexus

Don Juan
Reaction score
Ah, the eternal brainnumber...

"Does life imitate art or does art imitate life?"

Balls! Im a Don Juan muthafuka...life imitates me!

:D

S0LID

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
TV and media has effected us most about our appearance. You watch tv and nowdays the good looking and the ugly guys are bith steriotyped. The ugly guys never get anywhere. Then theres the even worse tv shows where you see realy good looking guys approaching girls and get shot down, for example Seth from the OC. Tv also always shows us how much girls hate being approached, the guys who approach are called names like "what a creep". This makes us think women are touchy and moody even as far as, impossible to talk to.

Also we watch these freddie prince junior movies where they fall madly in love and we are trained to think "wow if a girl doesnt fall madly in love at the start, we aint giving her enough attension". With all that poison in us, no wonder there are forums like this.

diplomatic_lie

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Well everyone on this forum can thank TV, because you guys get a headstart over the other guys.

AverageFC

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Also we watch these freddie prince junior movies where they fall madly in love and we are trained to think "wow if a girl doesnt fall madly in love at the start, we aint giving her enough attension". With all that poison in us, no wonder there are forums like this.
Good point! I forgot to include this. Also in movies(and tv) are people falling in love in a ridiculous amount of time, sh1t that just doesn't happen.

I was on spring break a couple weeks ago, and on comedy central I saw this movie called "One Crazy Summer". It's from the 80s, and it's about this kid who graduates from high school and has never been in love. He meets a girl, falls "in love" with her, and by the end of the movie, her feelings for him are mutual. That **** doesnt happen when you hardly know someone.

Levex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
thats why we watch movies in the first place.its to get away from the sh1tty reality once in a while. if every movie was 100% like real-life who the hell would watch that? besides we got enough crappy reality shows for the people who actually would.

and there's really nothing wrong about being romantic with a girl and trying to make her feel good when she's with you. its when you do it too much it becomes a problem. moderation is the key for everything.

PRMoon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I really want to see Sin City (even though it's not about my town) It featrues Jessica Alba as a smokin gun tottin stripper side kick. Life don't get much better den dis.

Also it has Brittney Murphy, Devon Aki, Jamie King, Alexis Bledel, and some other cameos by some hot chicks.

Don't be to concerned with movies brain washing you. If you want to know what really brain washes us you need not look any further then the media. What we see presented to us in live broadcast is often the most mind altering substance we'll ever come across in our life times. It conditions the way we think about the world and each other.

Now if you'll excuse me I have to catch the morning news.

squirrels

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A universe...where heartbreak and sadness have bee
Originally posted by AverageFC

Like...Aladdin? You gotta be joking.
Yeah, pretty much...the free-spirited rugged street criminal who still sticks up for the little guy. What's not to love? He's a little chumpish with the girl at first, but he figures it out by the end and pretty much mans up and says, "This is who I am, take it or leave it. I could pretend to be someone else again, but I've made promises."

gruby

Don Juan
Reaction score
Pretty much every movie on my shelf has a badass character in it. If you are looking to Romantic comedies -- the B class types - then yeah you might be right but mostly because they were written and directed by people who are AFC and don't really have a clue what getting babes or falling in love is all about. For example a friend of mine got $750,000 to make feature about a dude who gets laid every night then he realizes there has to be more to life then that -- yeah very sweet except the writter/director had no clue what it's like to get laid with beautiful women everynight so all the stuff on screen was fake crap.

Bottom line, instead of looking to B movies for life advices look to the top and you will actually see worthwhile true to life characters.

englishman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Have you seen the movie roger the dodger? I think thats the title...hes a pick up artist...good flick.....