Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Highly Social= Highly Successful

STR8UP

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
In the past the whole looks/wealth/confidence thing has been debated to death, and undoubtedly all of these things play a role in attracting women, but one thing that I have noticed that doesn't seem to get enough credit is plain ole' being SOCIAL.

I've talked about this in the past, but one thing that I have noticed is that the first impression you give a woman as to how social of a person you are is CRITICAL to how attractive you are to her.

A couple of things brought this back to my attention.

The first was watching The Pickup Artist. Yea, I know, it's a t.v. show and all, but it's amazing the difference in how receptive women are to a mans advances if he goes in without hesitation (demonstrating that he isn't afraid of interaction) and with "presence" (taking control of the perimeter, engaging the group, etc.)

The other thing was a phone convo I had today with a friend. We are meeting up this weekend, and he was telling me that his girl might be meeting us out, and that she has a friend in that is coming into town for the weekend that "likes guys like me", whatever that means.

I think back to the numerous times that women I know have tried to set me up with their friends, and there is a definite correlation between the way I portray myself within the first minute and the level of attraction I receive from said female. I realized that if I go in gun blazing, taking control of the group, my chances of hooking up increase exponentially.

And this goes even more so for situations where you have built in social proof, where a WOMAN is building up your value to another female even before you meet.

There is a window of time where this chick will be evaluating you, and I would say that it ranges from 30 seconds to about 3 minutes. Make a grand entrance, display your social value, and EXCEED expectations, and chances are YOU ARE IN. If you are in a down mood and fail to live up to the expectation that was built up around you, it works exactly the opposite. you're dead in the water.

That is why I like to have friends bring new women to my place. I am the King of my Castle. I am at home in my environment. I play the role of host. I control the room.

In situations where you are being introduced to a woman by another female SPECIFICALLY with the intent of "hooking you up", the game is already halfway won. No doubt she has showed her friend your Myspace page (I have been told this by the matchmaker before) and talked you up as being THE MAN. It is then up to you to LIVE UP TO YOUR REPUTATION within the first couple of minutes, preferably within the first 30-60 seconds, or even the first 10. My best results have been when I have greeted the men I know in the group with a strong handshake and the women I know with a hug. the "friend" is in tow, and I don't leave her out....she gets a hug too, and it's the combination of that and the warm, open welcome that allows me to live up ti the hype that has already been created. it's now just a matter of following through.

I realize this isn't ground breaking information, but I don't think it gets enough press around here so i thought i would bring it up.

ketostix

Banned
Reaction score
I think that is a good summary of key points in attraction str8. First impression really count (by that I mean she's deciding if she wants to fvck you) and happens in the first moments and once an impression is made it's very hard to change it. To make a good first impression, I think being friendly and social is key, and it's not the time to be too aloof, play indifference or negs. Once you make a good impression on your target then you can lay back a little more. It's like push/pull you have to pull before you can push.

Also the point of having social proof is a big advantage is totally true, especially from a female friend who pre-approves you. It does tilt the target's perception of you in your favor. Females believe and do basically everything their girlfriends tell them. SP and being social are the main things. Nothing helps more and nothing will kill your chances more than having no or negative sp or being preceived as unsocial.

Speaking of being social equals being successful, being sociable also is a large part of being successful in business too.

Last edited:

STR8UP

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
ketostix said:
First impression really count (by that I mean she's deciding if she wants to fvck you)
That brings up an interesting point.

That is exactly what she is doing. She is deciding whether or not she will ever get physical with you. But it isn't 100% about physical attraction. It's about her overall perception of you, which is PART physical, but more importantly it is her perception of you as a whole person. And your social value tells her a lot about you (true or not) in a very short period of time.

That's why it is so important to display high social value in the first couple of minutes of meeting a woman, the sooner the better.

To make a good first impression, I think being friendly and social is key, and it's not the time to be too aloof, play indifference or negs. Once you make a good impression on your target then you can lay back a little more. It's like push/pull you have to push before you can pull.
You mean you have to pull before you push.

I agree.....the first stage of meeting is critical, and it is the time to show that you are open and engaging. once she has displayed interest, then you can go in and put a little distance to make her want more.

Also the point of having social proof is a big advantage is totally true, especially from a female friend who pre-approves you. It does tilt the target's perception of you in your favor. Females believe and do basically everything their girlfriends tell them. SP and being social are the main things. Nothing helps more and nothing will kill your chances more than having no or negative sp or being preceived as unsocial.
Words can't express how much knowing multiple women has helped me meet and attract MORE women.

Lots of guys criticize having platonic or semi-platonic female friends as being AFC, but if you use it to your advantage it is exactly the opposite. I have gotten dates, makeout sessions and sex from numerous women in the past few years simply because when I got out of my last LTR I ended up meeting new women or re-connecting with women i used to know. And even some of THEM I messed around with, but as I have said in the past, I learned how to put myself in a position where non of them can make a "claim" on me.

The chick that supposedly has a friend for me to meet tomorrow night isn't even really a "friend" of mine, more like an acquaintance. I have found that this type of an intro isn't QUITE as good, since there is less competition anxiety than there would be if it were a chick you know well trying to hook you up since there is almost always at least a sexual undertone to all male/female relationships. If you know the chick well chances are there is at least a spark there that can easily rub off on the new prospect.

Speaking of being social equals being successful. Being sociable also is a large aprt of being successful in business too.
No doubt.

I was going to touch on this as well but the original post got a little long winded.

The way it helps in business is completely different than with women though. With women it is all about a woman using a shortcut to determining your value, in business it is about "who you know" and networking.

ketostix

Banned
Reaction score
STR8UP said:
That brings up an interesting point.

That is exactly what she is doing. She is deciding whether or not she will ever get physical with you. But it isn't 100% about physical attraction. It's about her overall perception of you, which is PART physical, but more importantly it is her perception of you as a whole person. And your social value tells her a lot about you (true or not) in a very short period of time.

That's why it is so important to display high social value in the first couple of minutes of meeting a woman, the sooner the better.
Yeah, she's deciding whether or not she would want to get physical with you in the first moments, and it's not just about the physical. It's about "personality" or social assessment. I was purposely leaving physical attraction out of the discussion as that is almost a constant and a given.

You mean you have to pull before you push.
Yeah I reversed that and need to fix it. Pull means show interest, push means to show disinterest, so pull before you push.

I agree.....the first stage of meeting is critical, and it is the time to show that you are open and engaging. once she has displayed interest, then you can go in and put a little distance to make her want more.
Right, I believe as a guy you have to show some interest at the start and show that you are sociable, but not over do it for too long that you'd seem too much of a sure thing for her.

I was going to touch on this as well but the original post got a little long winded.

The way it helps in business is completely different than with women though. With women it is all about a woman using a shortcut to determining your value, in business it is about "who you know" and networking.
I think the main difference stems from in business you are dealing more with platonic relationships and you are dealing more with men. I think networking and "who you know" still applies to dating but maybe to a smaller extent. Where I think success in dating and in business both depend on being sociable is people have to just plain like you to deal with you or to network with you or to become someone "who you know" and in order for them to like you it requires you to be sociable.

STR8UP

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
ketostix said:
Yeah, she's deciding whether or not she would want to get physical with you in the first moments, and it's not just about the physical. It's about "personality" or social assessment. I was purposely leaving physical attraction out of the discussion as that is almost a constant and a given.
Some guys will tell you it is of no consequence. And to a point I have to agree in that you CAN be less than appealing physically and still pull women making up for it with your personality, but there is no such thing as a free lunch. If you are a 5 who has landed a 9, you better be able to make up for it in a BIG way, cause if not she isn't going to stick around.

Right, I believe as a guy you have to show some interest at the start and show that you are sociable, but not over do it for too long that you'd seem too much of a sure thing for her.
This is one of the things that I have always needed to work on. I believe that just by EXPRESSING interest you can create attraction to some degree. We are attracted to people who are attracted to us. If nothing else it feeds the ego long enough for you to get your foot in the door.

I think networking and "who you know" still applies to dating but maybe to a smaller extent.
With women it is definitely "who you know" as well, but for a different reason. With women you are displaying social prowess, and if you are connected to others whose opinion she values or who have high social value themselves you're in. In business it's about knowing the right people to get things done. It can also help in a similar sense that it helps with women (other people are influenced by who you know) but the mechanism is different.

I suppose it is all about social hierarchy one way or another, but with women it's more about being social for the sake of being social, with business it has more of a direct purpose.

Aka

Don Juan
Reaction score
I believe being social unlocks lots of doors. I just came from a birthday party and the boyfriend of one of my cousin was there. He didn't knew anybody but since he knew we all were her relatives he acted like he knew us his entire life. He talked to us without hesitation. I was surprised because he's the type of guy I'm trying to be. And why not? That type of personality attracts everyone; being talkative and confident in yourself will help you more than having a girlfriend by pure luck.

Reaction score
Good post. Now all that is left for us to do is to go out a do it.