Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

High Intensity Bodyweight Exercise

JoeMarron

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Has anyone ever tried this? If you've read Body By Science it basically follows the same principles in that book, extremely slow reps until muscle failure. I tried this with a few classic body weight exercises and couldn't even make it to five reps so it definitely felt like a good workout.

Look, letting gorgeous women pass you by is a sin against nature.

But with the secrets in The Natural, you'll electrify any interaction and have stunners eating out of your hand.

From the first "hello" to the bedroom, this manual gives you the verbal ammunition and psychological tricks to make her putty.

Get Your Copy of The Natural - For Free!

Krueg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Dont know if it would work or not, all I can say is whatever program you choose has to be geared towards your personal goal.

For example, I'm a amateur powerlifter, I'm gonna choose a program that fits that specific need and base my training off that. You just need to find something you believe in, stick with it for awhile and bust your a$$. If the program isnt working, dump it and try something else.

Good Luck!

JoeMarron

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Krueg said:
Dont know if it would work or not, all I can say is whatever program you choose has to be geared towards your personal goal.

For example, I'm a amateur powerlifter, I'm gonna choose a program that fits that specific need and base my training off that. You just need to find something you believe in, stick with it for awhile and bust your a$$. If the program isnt working, dump it and try something else.

Good Luck!
I just want to get stronger and build muscle. I plan on doing it for at least two months and if I see results I'll continue.

Yes I have, it's pointless though, and a waste of time.
Details. How long did you do it, what exercises did you do, how many reps etc.?

TheCleanPleb

Don Juan
Reaction score
JoeMarron said:
Has anyone ever tried this? If you've read Body By Science it basically follows the same principles in that book, extremely slow reps until muscle failure. I tried this with a few classic body weight exercises and couldn't even make it to five reps so it definitely felt like a good workout.
Yeah I regularly do bodyweight exercises(ex gymnast), what would you like to know? Keep in mind bodyweight exercise won't get you a whole lot of bulk but you'll get more stamina than people who only lift heavy. As for the slow reps, what are you trying to achieve? If you train slowly your muscles will be slower.

JoeMarron

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
TheCleanPleb said:
Yeah I regularly do bodyweight exercises(ex gymnast), what would you like to know? Keep in mind bodyweight exercise won't get you a whole lot of bulk but you'll get more stamina than people who only lift heavy. As for the slow reps, what are you trying to achieve? If you train slowly your muscles will be slower.
From what I've seen gymnasts have excellent muscle tone so I'm not worried about missing out by not weight lifting. I'm following this guy's advice http://baye.com/what-is-high-intensity-training/. Slow reps make it harder therefore more beneficial. It felt like a much harder workout taking my time vs doing a ton of reps. I don't see why training slowly would result in slow muscles. If the muscle is stronger then it should be able to move faster regardless of how it was trained.

TheStig

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
JoeMarron said:
If the muscle is stronger then it should be able to move faster regardless of how it was trained.
What about the Central Nervous System? If you train slowly, you will be used to doing slow, deliberate reps. On the flip side, take something like Olympic Lifting...it's one of the most explosive sports there is, and Olympic Weightlifters do thousands upon thousands of explosive movements to solidify those motor pathways.

So I think when it strictly comes to muscles...you're right, they can't differentiate between what kind of stimulation they're getting, they just respond and grow.

The CNS is not that way though. The CNS determines which fibers and how many to recruit during a movement based on what it is used to doing.

Strong broscience, I know

TheCleanPleb said:
As for the slow reps, what are you trying to achieve? If you train slowly your muscles will be slower.
If someone just has purely aesthetic goals, what does it matter?

DanZy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
JoeMarron said:
Body by science is a load of bullsh1t pseudoscience, sorry mate. There's a good reason no elite athletes etc use it

TheCleanPleb

Don Juan
Reaction score
JoeMarron said:
don't see why training slowly would result in slow muscles. If the muscle is stronger then it should be able to move faster regardless of how it was trained.[/QUOTE

You will get slower the more mass you put on. Think about it like this, the more mass your arm has, the more energy it's going to take to swing it and the more time it'll take to cover and area. That's why you see super fast olympic sprinters that are shredded but not huge and the worlds strongest man filled with giants that usually aren't as shredded but hurl rocks. There's two types of muscle fibers, slow twitch and fast twitch. Slow twitch muscle fibers store more oxygen better and because of this, they have better stamina. Fast twitch fibers are made to work really hard for short bursts, which results in better speed. Slower lifting helps develop muscular stamina and almost directly targets your slow twitch fibers.

Slow twitch, this guy is ****ing yoked!

Fast twitch

TheStig said:
If someone just has purely aesthetic goals, what does it matter?
That wasn't stated in the original post, that's why I asked Joe what his goal was. :D

JoeMarron

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I have little knowledge on this subject besides the link that I posted earlier so I'm not going to try to debate it. I'm not an athlete so I don't care about speed. I merely want aesthetics and to stop being weak as hell. I know few people take bodyweight training seriously but since I can't be bothered to go to the gym this is my only option. Right now I'm 6'2 and a mere 140 pounds. Given my situation I figure just about any exercise will at least have some decent noob gains.

TheCleanPleb

Don Juan
Reaction score
JoeMarron said:
I have little knowledge on this subject besides the link that I posted earlier so I'm not going to try to debate it. I'm not an athlete so I don't care about speed. I merely want aesthetics and to stop being weak as hell. I know few people take bodyweight training seriously but since I can't be bothered to go to the gym this is my only option. Right now I'm 6'2 and a mere 140 pounds. Given my situation I figure just about any exercise will at least have some decent noob gains.
kk, do what ever you wish. Just know that nutrition is just as important as the the workout itself and if you want to put on serious mass you're going to need to take in a surplus of Cals. This is hard work.

speed dawg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
JackAlbertson said:
It is very important to have complete information about a workout program that you are going to choose. It is important to choose a right program according to your need. I am also a personal trainer so if someone needs any help about fitness then ask anything.
^^ This fool is a troll.

speed dawg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't know anything about Body by Science but ever since my back surgery in 2008 I have a new appreciation for only doing what your body can handle. That's why I stick to bodyweight only exercises. Plus, I don't want to pay for a gym. I can do push-ups and pull-ups at home. I also do bodyweight squats and a bunch of other movements. I have a few small dumbbells at home that I throw in every now and again.