Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Hi everyone, would like some pointers here (sorta long, sorry!)

Live-n-learn

Don Juan
Reaction score
First of all, I just want to say hello to everyone out there as I'm new to the board and just starting out in the road to becoming a DJ.

Let me give you guys a brief summary of my situation. I'm in university, living in res. There's this girl whom I met through another friend that I'm interested in. Turns out she's also from the same city I'm originally from. So I've talked to her a few times last month when I saw her eating breakfast alone, and made some small talk. Seems like a nice and quiet girl, but at the same time I feel that's not all there is to her. She's also focused on her school work and such, more so than the average student (I'm guilty :D ) Everytime though, she was the one to say "I gotta get going now" since she goes to class straight right after breakfast. I regret not kinoing and not connecting w/ her on a more personal level since we barely know each other.

So 2 weeks later, I was going down the elevator and I see her popping in as well. I said "hey how's it going?", and as always, she replies with "doing homework". I noted that she stood right beside me when she came into the elevator, not facing me like other ppl would. Then later that evening, I was in my friend's room when she calls him to ask him about work. So my friend (who doesn't know of my interest in her) tells her to come up to his room. When she walked in, I questioned her "hey, are you following me around?" She responds by turning the question back to me with a smile and in her cute voice, so I said "sure whatever, I just saw this girl in the elevator, tracking me down" to my other friend. I got back to doing my thing while she consulted w/ my friend about the work. Out of the corner of my eye, I can see her turn to look at me for a second or two and turned back. This must be some sort of a sign for a level of interest....or so I thought.

Days later, I saw her at breakfast again as I made my way in. She glanced at me while she was making her way to sit down w/ her floor mates but didn't say hi or anything. So I ate my breakfast and as I was about to leave, she was putting her stuff away too and I said "hey" and kept walking as she responded with a "hey" as well. Fast forward a week or 2, I was getting some food during dinner and she comes to get food as well and says "hey". THere, I quickly said hi blah blah blah...then i asked her if I could borrow something, and she said "Yes if i have it, what room r u in?" I gave her my room number and told her that i won't be in till late at night and proceeded to ask for her room number and got it. So later that night, I called her room but no one answered. 10 minutes or so later, she calls me asking if I just called her (how did she know it was me and not somebody else?). So i kept it brief and wished her a good night.

I know this post is dragging long, but it seems like half the time I get positive reactions while the other times I'm not feeling it from her. Like sometimes we make good eye contact and reflect smiles at each other, while other times she doesn't make eye contact when she sees me in the cafe. Although that maybe b/c she's sorta shy. Our conversations have been kept brief due to the circumstances of the situations we're in (breakfast, elevator etc.). My question is, how should I approach this situation? What ideas do you guys suggest I should do? THanks for taking your time to read this long post ( sorry, typical newbie of me).

HuuBinh

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
you can cut through all these crap & verify her interest level by asking her out on a date.

Gonzalo

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey dude. The bible is a good place to start in case you haven't read it yet. Just a word bout this situation: I don't think you wanna be keeping a tally count of hoy many "hey's" she told you on a given week. Just ask her out, listen to her voice inflection, does she sound interested/excited about your invitation? Does it seem like she's giving a BS excuse if she flakes? Learn to trust your gut, go after girls who show interest and forget about "this one girl", think multiple girls. Good luck guy. G

Mr.Fortesque

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by AFK Protector
Nono, i think you're doing fine. keep it slow and her on her toes wanting you. doing your hw and minding ur business was smooth when she was in ur dorm. she wants you, but shes shy, so you gotta nudge her a little slowly to not **** this up.
this is good advice, but someone another can approach her. U can play it slow with big risk or U will ask her out and U will be sure if she is interested or not.

E-Z Rider

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
hmmm...both Gonzolo and AFK Protector bring up good points, though they contradict.

So how about something inbetween asking her 'out' and continuing to just say 'hey'?

I'm thinking, you need to get the two of you alone. Then you can really work kino and what not. Since she's into studying, maybe you could study with her, ask her for 'help' ;) . Or something else that's more casual than a date but more intense than exchanging pleasantries in the dining hall. For me, if I can get a chick alone and have her attention, I'm usually money, even if it's not in a date setting.

But Mr. Fortesque also brings up a good point: you take a risk with any sort of beating around the bush. Being straightforward is never the worst option, and in fact is usually the best.

If it were me, I'd try what I mentioned prior first, but if I couldn't find a good way to do that then I'd just go for it. Nothing to lose, really.

Good luck- -E-Z

Microphone Fiend

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hmmm I go for the "beat around the bush" technique when I'm afraid of getting rejected. If you wanna take thnigs slower and not try and jump her and ask for a date, you should still being seeing her a bit more than you currently are. Even if you don't talk to her, out of sight=out of mind, if not instantly then over a period of time. In your post you talk about days and weeks, between small interactions like saying "Hi" or asking the somewhat played line "Are you stalking me?" (Van Wilde did it ;))

Although the chick may seem a little shy, she is flirtatious at least. "Ask yourself what would you do if the girl you liked stopped and said outta the blue "Are you stalking me?" would you have a response ready, and smile, or would you turn beet red and studder something incoherent?

I think the whole ignore her thing is cool... if you do it correctly. Many DJ's (myself included) have failed on the whole ignore chicks/playing hard to get routine. You start off acting like she doesn't exist and it piques her interest, then you acknowledge her, but act like you only see her as a friend (piques her interest), then you see her as one of many chicks that you are interested in... a continual pattern of... negging almost. The problem I had was that I went back after I had made forward progress. Not only does this mess up your mindset, the chick has no idea what she is getting with you and gets frustrated and wants to f!cks some other guy to get back at you.

Have fun doing whatever you decide to do... GOod Luck

squirrels

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A universe...where heartbreak and sadness have bee
How long are you going to wait before you set up an encounter? College girls need d!ck, they're not going to wait forever for you.

Set up a study date, movie-night, SOMETHING to get the two of you together in a situation where you can "advance the relationship." If not that, then at least do SOMETHING to move the relationship forward instead of backward. If all you do is say "hi" to her when you see her in the elevator or at waffle-night and don't take any steps to MOVE the relationship, it's going to get stagnant.

Not saying rush into anything...just keep it moving.

ToP DoN

Banned
Reaction score
ask her to come to your room...and when she comes thell her u want to bang the sh!t out of her...and if she agrees...great...but if she says no...then slap the biatch a c ouple of times...then ask again...if she says no again...then slap her for a couple of minutes...then ask again...if she says no...slap her around for at least ten minutes...she will get the clue...

Spike_the_cowboy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by ToP DoN
ask her to come to your room...and when she comes thell her u want to bang the sh!t out of her...and if she agrees...great...but if she says no...then slap the biatch a c ouple of times...then ask again...if she says no again...then slap her for a couple of minutes...then ask again...if she says no...slap her around for at least ten minutes...she will get the clue...

Way to go, 'champ'-- I mean, 'chump'....

Thats called assult, bro. Rape even.
You sound like a very frustrated young man. Seek help.

:rolleyes:

Spike_the_cowboy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I feel sorry for the bride....

ToP DoN

Banned
Reaction score
i feel sorry for your azz...no fvkcin humor what so ever...get a fvckin clue ...damn...how thick is ur skull....

Spike_the_cowboy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's bad to be thick headed!

If this is your idea of humor,
then you need more help than i initially realized.

What is so funny about rape, dude?-- nothing.

Just admit it, buddy. You were out of line.
You are just avoiding your shame by making execuses.

:cool:

ToP DoN

Banned
Reaction score
you are a fvkcin idiot...its so obvious its rape that this guy must be joking...

and for you to take it serously and think that i meant what i said...for you to take it literally...

u have issues...get them worked out...spikey..

what kind of fvckin tag is that....spike sounds like a dogs name...next time when you redneck ass decides to comment on a post...make sure you dont make urself look stupid....

if someone told me that advice i would laugh cause its so fvckin ridicilous...and if the individual cant decipher whats logically sane and insane then he has a problem....think for yourself buddy....

you could have said...i hope its a joke...but for you to jump to conclusions shows how stupid u are and how uneducated your thinking process is...

get a fvckin clue...get a fvckin sense of humor...it was a joke...some people can laugh and say...damn that **** is so ridicolous....

i take it ur a dumb white boy with a white boy sense of humor...
watch david chappelle or something...lighten up

Spike_the_cowboy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
"i take it ur a dumb white boy with a white boy sense of humor...
watch david chappelle or something...lighten up"-- Top Don

Atleast I'm not a racist thug who can't write.

ToP DoN

Banned
Reaction score
first of all...im not racist....are those comedians that make fun of white peple and all races....racist......?

second of all...i work at a publishing firm...i do not need to make corrections for a fvckin post on a fvckin website....

Spike_the_cowboy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
First of all, if a white comedian made fun of all black people in general,
he would be called a racist, and rightly so.
It does not matter what color you are.
There are no double standards.
Or atleast, there should not be.

Second, I'm also a highly paid business man.
I am sitting here at my desk in my office right now, talking to you.
Why? I don't know-- you are hardly worth talking to.
But that is beside the point.

CadillacCTS

Don Juan
Reaction score
So far this is what I got from ur story

You: hey
Her: hey

you: hey
her: hey

10 min later

you: hey
her: hey

By far this is most indepth convo I've ever heard :D

ToP DoN

Banned
Reaction score
what in the world was your last post concerning about...its funny how you had to boast about how ur a "highly paid businessman" when that is objective...whats highly paid to you may be chump change to me.

and i agree with you...it has nothing to do with what we were discussing

your a fvckin idiot...im also at my desk...oooohhhhh ahhhhhhh

try again...