Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Hey How Are You - even though i dont care

RawkinKaoticStyle

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
OK i really cant understand this.

Here is a convo i had with somebody i saw on my block .

me - hey how ya doin

him - hey how are you

( then we walk past eachother )

haaaaaaaaahahahah sounds funny huh
but i hear this ALOT

This was one of thoes people i saw walking down the same side of the sidewalk i was walking on, so you know i wanted to be polite for some reasion.

I mean when we say " how are you doing " to strangers, do we really care how their doing, i mean in the back of my mind i can really say that i dont.

it seems like its just something to say when were obligated to talk or have a conversation.

im trying to figure out something else to say , anybody have any ideas?

BWSL2

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I hate it when I say, "Fine, how are you?" and then they go off on whatever sentence they were going to say without actually listening to my response. Ugh.

I usually just don't say anything, just give them either A) a polite nod (if male) or B) a wink (if female and attractive.) Works pretty well for me, or at least as well as it could.

I personally despise the little pleasantries. Why can't we all just ignore each other? That's what we really want to do anyway.

Julius_Caesar

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey,

I really know where you are coming from. I hate all these stupid pleasentries, but I realized something:the reason I hate them is because they don't work, but they don't work because I hate them. Sounds messed up, but it is true. Read "How to Win Friends and Influence People" and you will see this to. Why would YOU respond to somebody enthusiastically if they don't really care about your anwser in the first place? Learn to really care about people, or learn to fake it ALL THE TIME PERFECTLY, it is easier just to really care, but you could try to fake it, make it believable because people want to be liked. Thats all I can say....FOR NOW! *hint/* I might post on this very kind of thing. */hint*

misunderstood??

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's usually just someone's habit. Personaly I got a bad habit of always saying "hey, what's up?" everytime someone says hi to me. Their's might be "Hey how you doing?". Most of the time people don't care how you are doing that much, it's just their way of trying to start conversation and showing interest in you, no biggie.

RawkinKaoticStyle

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
i think im just going to give a smile with a NOD

talk is cheap anyway

but yeah i think thats what everybodys is doing , their faking that they really care, i have a grandpa and he really cares about everybody he sees, around his neighborhood he talks to everybody and almost everybody knows him , and i observed this , he doesent even say , " how are you " he makes a real conversation.