Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Hey guys, need some oneitis pep talk!

RSanders219

Don Juan
Reaction score
Well like the thread title says, I became ILL with the dreaded oneitis recently for the first time since maybe 2 years ago. It sucks but I'm definitely getting over this girl and have plans with a different girl this week.

Just wondering if anyone can direct me to some motivational material that can help me open my mind up and get me thinking positively again. I've been making progress, but I just want this girl OFF THE RADAR. Anything is appreciated, thanks!

snowdog

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Get drunk

bang fatties

No, seriously. Oneitis can take a while, especially if it's for a good reason (because some girls just are better than the most of them, like it or not). Just try to let go of the whole idea of having a chance with her and move on. Easier than it sounds, I know. I've been where you are and it can feel like it tears you apart. I usually started to drink a lot, it worked for me lol.

RSanders219

Don Juan
Reaction score
snowdog said:
Get drunk

bang fatties

No, seriously. Oneitis can take a while, especially if it's for a good reason (because some girls just are better than the most of them, like it or not). Just try to let go of the whole idea of having a chance with her and move on. Easier than it sounds, I know. I've been where you are and it can feel like it tears you apart. I usually started to drink a lot, it worked for me lol.
Yeah man I've been drinking a lot. Honestly I don't like it, it keeps bringing out the emotional side of this situation when I drink with friends.. From my experiences I hate listening to my friends' girl problems when we're trying to have a good time so I don't want to put the burden on them too.

terran2k

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
oneitis with a girl is a b!tch to get rid off once you let yourself catch it.
especially if you see her now and then. all you can really do is not see her, dont talk to her, and see other people. it'll help fade the feelings faster, but they tend to still be there in some weaker controllable form for a long while.
it's not really her you have the oneitis for, it's the little make believe world you made up of how life will be like with her, that's really what you're clinging too. thats the conclusion I've come to with oneitis.

Chickfight

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
You should get to a point where you don't have "girl problems".

99 problems but a b!tch ain't one.

Basically, if a girl is giving you problems, you either solve it or you ditch her. Then it's DONE. Don't leave it hanging around in the air, then it's a problem. You wanna be done with this girl, then do it. I guarantee you won't give two sh!ts about her once you're hooking up with a better one and there's ALWAYS a better one.

snowdog

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
RSanders219 said:
Yeah man I've been drinking a lot. Honestly I don't like it, it keeps bringing out the emotional side of this situation when I drink with friends.. From my experiences I hate listening to my friends' girl problems when we're trying to have a good time so I don't want to put the burden on them too.
Just watch out you don't take it too far with the drinking.

And be honest with yourself man. Find a way to channel your emotions. Working out or making music are two ways I deal with things. Or just cry like a b1tch when you're alone. I did that a ton of times and every time I did, it felt like I released some of it out of my system. Allow it to happen when you feel like it's the right time, it'll make you feel better. Don't deny **** like this to yourself, it'll only make things worse.

You should get to a point where you don't have "girl problems".

99 problems but a b!tch ain't one.

Basically, if a girl is giving you problems, you either solve it or you ditch her. Then it's DONE. Don't leave it hanging around in the air, then it's a problem. You wanna be done with this girl, then do it. I guarantee you won't give two sh!ts about her once you're hooking up with a better one and there's ALWAYS a better one.
It isn't always that easy, bro. As much as almost all the tough guys on here like to deny it, guys also have emotions to deal with sometimes. Every now and then there can be a girl that just totally rocks your world, and it really sucks when you get infatuated with her even though it's not possible to hook up with her. And be honest, some girls just are really great and stand out from the rest, for whatever reason. Having a mindset where girls are nothing more than c*m dumpsters isn't healthy and will f*ck you up eventually.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying it should be a huge drama, but sometimes it's just not healthy to be completely cold about it. Denying your emotions to yourself is living in a lie and will lead to depression and self-loathing. I've had my share of that and I will tell you it's better to deal with your emotions than to deny them and pretend they aren't there.