Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Hey guys am I an ******* pessimist?

journey

Don Juan
Reaction score
I'll start this off by saying I have an opinion on everything and I know what I like and dislike. I don't care much for others opinions on the matter.

So I was sitting around having lunch with a few friends (two girls whom I don't know to well, two boys and me) and the conversation was pretty mundane, the usual boring stuff about we like/dislike (I think, cant really remember). Then one girl says to me "You know, you are a pretty pessimistic person", I was kinda taken aback, "bah, I'm not a pessimist I just know what
I like "I replied with a smirk on my face. The girl looked confused and said "Don't you know was pessimist means?". At this point my two male friends looked at each other and say almost simultaneously "lets change the subject" and, "I don't want to be in this conversation". I found that rather weird.

This lead me to thinking, if a girl who I hardly know calls me a pessimist and my friends look uncomfortable and change the subject when it comes up what does this have to say about the persona I am projecting? Should I not give my true opinion on a subject just to appear more optimistic? Should I just shut up or should I continue not to care?

So Mr and Miss DJ's, I am requesting some advice about this rather confusing situation.

ChevyLover

Don Juan
Reaction score
First of all, what do the *'s mean in the title?

Secondly, I wouldn't give a rat's a$$ what the biatch says about pessimism. It is probably just a word the dumb biatch learned yesterday, and she wanted to try it out so she could look smart or something.

I mean you cannot tell if a person is an optimist or pessimist from one conversation, or from one day to the next, etc. I can be pessimistic one day and optimistic the next, or pessimistic for one topic and optimistic for the next, etc.

She doesn't know her a$$ from a hole in the ground.

I would have just said "well is that a bad thing?"
Her: yes Me: well if that is how you think of me, I'd rather not converse with you. (or) Me: well if you think of me in a negative way, I guess I'll just have to show you my naked body...

Her: no Me: kool, kool so...(changing the subject)

Or you could have said "well I'm pessimistic on some subjects and optimistic on other ones, but if you really want to talk about pessimism and optimism we could...I just think that that is a very boring, and conversationally undermining topic of discussion."

CL

duke007

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My whole family is completely pessimistic, and as you would except that kinda rubbed off on me. However, I was always less pessimistic than them, so I wasn't really aware of the problem.

About a year ago my friends told me I was a pretty pessimistic person. At first I didn't believe them, but then I started to realise I was without meaning to.

So I made a conscious decision to stop putting a negative spin on things and since then my life has turned for the better. I was a bit pissed at my friends when they said it but now I thank them for it.

So chances are you come across as slightly pessimistic even though you don't feel it. Be glad this girl has let you know and just start taking steps to overcome it.

DJStudent

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm going with Duke on this one. It's a good thing she brought it up because then it made you think something about yourself that's not relatively good.

If you really want see if other people sees you as pesimistic then ask them. Ask a few girls and guys you know to see if you are. I normally see having a neg view on everything is a huge turn off because it leads you to not do much.

Being pessimistic would cause a lot of laziness because you only see the bad side of a situation, ie. approaching a girl. If you see the positive side it's getting experience even if you fail.