Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

hey Diesel (and others who want to read for the sake of helping out)

Boricua_33015

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
yo diesel I tried PMing you with this but your PM box was full...... so I posted it instead.

Im thinking of trying a ketogenic diet. Im just wondering though, how long does it take to make the transition to ketosis? What has to be done to make the body go into ketosis? and what has to be done to keep the body in ketosis? I want to know how this whole ketosis process goes so that I can get into ketosis mode.

Also, I find it very hard to find foods that are low in carbs. Considering a damn cup of OJ has 26g of carbohydrates, and that probably goes over the amount of carbs you need in 1 day if I want to be in ketosis.

Is there a website that has a list of high protein foods and low carb foods? Also do you actually HAVE to eat fat when you do a ketogenic diet? Is there a way that I can eat too much fat even if I am in ketosis? is there a way that I can eat too little fat while in ketosis?

So in conclusion, I want to know exactly what it is I have to do to get in ketosis mode, how long does it take, what can I eat, what can I do to stay in ketosis mode, and what are the benefits of being in ketosis mode.

One last question..... once I get in ketosis mode, does the fat I lose all depend on how much cardio I do? Like, while in ketosis, does running everyday for 40 minutes burn fat faster than running everyday for 20 mintues?

please write back, thanks

Boricua_33015

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
also, do I have to eat before I do any cardio or weight training? Can I do it on an empty stomach and still lose fat?

DIESEL

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't recommend ketosis if you're planning on exercising. I'm not a big fan of that diet for athletes.

Ketogenic diets were originally designed for the morbidly obese or those who were unable/unwilling to exercise.

That being said, they work -but at a high cost, in my opinion - read anything by or google search "Dr. Atkins".. he will explain it better than I can.

If you want to effectively lose weight (and not give up the carbs completely) then just take a look at my GUIDE TO CUTTING and decide which one will be easier for you to do.

good luck,
D

Boricua_33015

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
i am pretty obese. I am 230 and Im only 17 years old. But I CAN do excercise. I heard that with ketosis, ou have the same energy as you do with a diet like yours.

So the advantage of me being able to do excercise, will that help?

DIESEL

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Boricua_33015
i am pretty obese. I am 230 and Im only 17 years old. But I CAN do excercise. I heard that with ketosis, ou have the same energy as you do with a diet like yours.
you'll have high energy AS LONG AS YOU DON'T GO ANAEROBIC.

You can't do HIIT or weight train as effectively on a ketogenic diet.

You need carbs.. you just don't need that many.

exercise makes sure you keep the balance of calories in a negative state - i.e. what makes you lose weight... so yeah, it helps.

Boricua_33015

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
uhh, what is ANAEROBIC?

Diesel, when you say "You can't do HIIT or weight train as effectively on a ketogenic diet.", what do you mean?

Why can't I do it as effectively? Why because I wont have energy? or it just wont burn as many calories as your diet can?

I am not even into HIIT right now. I would pass out if I do HIIT for more than like 3 minutes. Right now Im sticking to my 20 minute run.

DIESEL

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Boricua_33015
uhh, what is ANAEROBIC?
lacking oxygen... requiring glycogen (blood sugar) as primary source of energy. High intensity exercise such as heavy weight lifting is anaerobic.

ketogenic = no carb = low blood sugar = no gas in the gym.

Diesel, when you say "You can't do HIIT or weight train as effectively on a ketogenic diet.", what do you mean?
see above

Why can't I do it as effectively? Why because I wont have energy? or it just wont burn as many calories as your diet can?
you will have energy, just not energy for certain types of activities.. weightlifiting being one of them.. and by this I'm not saying you won't be able to lift... it's just that you won't be able to lift HEAVY and chances are since your muscles have no glycogen in them due to the low carbs, you won't feel the "pump" either... in other words your muscles will feel constantly "flat" - some people would call that "lacking energy" but I think it's more along the lines of "lacking energy for certain things"

mrader59

Reaction score
Diesel, when you talk about ketosis are you referring to a CKD as well? I'm on a CKD and my lifts and energy have improved greatly while the fat drops.

jive

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I have heard of Ketosis and CKD and whatnot, but I've never decided to read up on those because they seem a lot more complicated than they are worth. One of the things that Diesel's posts have taught me is that losing/gaining weight is a fairly simple process, just as DJing is.

I am doing Diesel's cutting routine right now, and it seems to be going well for me. I read through the whole post and all the replies to make sure that I fully understood what exactly I have to do and why. Now all I have to do is keep going.

Use FitDay to keep track of your calories and keep track of your goals, but right now it seems to be down.

I started cutting about 4 weeks ago, which I remember is around the same time you started asking for help to lose weight. I only mention this to remind you that planning is very important, and so is time.

Planning: I kept a notepad file of what I am going to do. I'll copy/paste it if you want to see it.

Trial Error

Don Juan
Reaction score
in my stance, i agree with mrader59. i have lost lots of bodyfat and my weightlifting hasn't suffered, i've been on the CKD diet for nearly a month, and you only feel slow and weak the first days. as long as you're eating the necessary amounts of fat and you're eating somewhere around 5 meals a day, you'll have plenty of energy.

Boricua_33015

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
is there a list of ketogenic diet foods that I can eat on some website? What foods do you guys recommend for ketosis?

I didnt know the Atkins diet was a ketogenic diet. I heard of people going on the Atkins diet and ending up skinny with flabby arms. A ketogenic diet supposedly doesnt let muscle get burned by the body for fuel. Am I right?

DIESEL

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by mrader59
Diesel, when you talk about ketosis are you referring to a CKD as well? I'm on a CKD and my lifts and energy have improved greatly while the fat drops.
CKD isn't a pure "ketosis" diet... If I'm not mistaken you have a carb loading day once during the week. Hence the energy surge.

Atkins and true ketogenic diets are pure carb deprivation ALL THE TIME.

D

Boricua_33015

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
that is a really good website mang!

drixsa

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
isnt carbing up one day a week the safe way to do it?

my friend did that. if he didnt he wouldnt of bairly of gotten through his workout

also ephedra is needed as well right?

Trial Error

Don Juan
Reaction score
well on a CKD, you can have a 12 to 48 hour carb up. it's mainly to replenish your muscle glycogen. fat intake is low this(these) day(s), protein is moderate, and you just burst up with the carbs.

Boricua_33015

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
i think ill have to buy one of those books mentioned on the website because I havent found any good in depth CKD diet guide for free.