Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

He's Got Game, But His Body's Lame. Please Help.

coochieman

Don Juan
Reaction score
My game's gettin' good but my body does need a lotta work,....
So without more story, lemme get down to the basics....

I'm 20y.o., 5'8/9 - 140lbs. [How bad is this?]

Not athletic, fat or muscular, so meaning I'm kinda tiny.

I'm kinda worried 'bout my side view, I look like the letter "I". I have no glutes. Its kinda weird. Also, I have the softest body ever made, maybe cos I drink milk everyday.

1.One chick i was banging complained 'bout my chest... DURING SEX!!! I Swear! :mad:

2. Another I was making out with at my crib said my body felt "feminine".

My fat deposition areas are my belly and thighs and my arms are so tiny you could wrap your palm around 'em! :(

So I'm confused! Bought some casine protein [Not started usage yet]. Started with early mornin' jogging to drop that thigh&belly fat, bein' doin push ups too... looking for gym to start things up...:(

I want to get a bigger upper body as well as a smaller lower body 'cos the reverse is the case now???? How do I man-up my arms and neck???

Just Gimme advice please.

Krueg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This is what I'd recommend;

Squats, Bench Press and Deadlifts. 3 times a week for 3 months.

I know your probably thinking, wheres the Biceps, triceps, forearms and ect. Well, doing the big 3 will basicly work all of your muscles and add overall mass and density. You can throw in barbell curls if you want. But, just remember it has to be hard, heavy compound training if you want to get big. Keep your reps in the lower rep range. If you cant do 4 reps - the weight is too heavy. If you can do more than 8 reps its too light. And the beginning of each week try to add 2.5-5lbs to your lifts or more if you can. Strength = Size.

Le killeur

Don Juan
Reaction score
Agree with Kreug, research starting strength and do a 3 month cycle on that. It's definately made me alot broader and bigger in general. Once you've got a good foundation you can begin bodybuilding work etc. Trust me though it takes alot of hard work and effort and you wont see results overnight.

coochieman

Don Juan
Reaction score
@pairplusroyalflush.... Not really, I do not. Gimme some hope, what is it you look like now? or what would you consider the ideal body weight/mass and musculature for a 5'8?

@Kreug.... That's one I didn't know... Visited a gym, I couldn't bench 40kg and I struggled with 30kg, so i went for high reps of the 20kg [yeah, that's how pathetic I am].... Would begin' keepin 'em heavy and short.... Anything else you forgetting to tell me?

Anybody else?

NorwegianDJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Just follow Krueg's advice about the full body routine 3 times a week. Check out Rippetoe's.

Your problem is very simple to fix, you just have to put your mind to it. Starting to work out with dedication was the best decision Ive made thus far. You just have to start out light and get a good form, then hit the gym 3 days a week, increasing the weights each time, then proceed to eat like you've never eaten before. Make a good eating habit and work out habit and you're set.

marmel75

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Sounds like you might have excessive estrogen or "estrogen dominance" based on your soft body description. Might want to look into something like DIM or mangosteen to flush it out....

Krueg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
coochieman said:
@Kreug.... That's one I didn't know... Visited a gym, I couldn't bench 40kg and I struggled with 30kg, so i went for high reps of the 20kg [yeah, that's how pathetic I am].... Would begin' keepin 'em heavy and short.... Anything else you forgetting to tell me?

Anybody else?
Its okay if you can only lift, X amount of weight right now. Everyone has to start somewhere.

I'm currently following Reg Parks 5x5 routine. the first set is a warm-up set. Second set you add a little more weight. The last three sets are a consistent weight you can lift.

Example, Lets say you can bench 100lbs. Its not too heavy but, not too light. Your first set would be 55lbs. Second set would be 75lbs and the last three sets with 100lbs.

There are other routines and methods out there so you may have to play around with things until you find a program that works for you.

My idol is Arnold Schwarzenegger. I started training like him in the beginning cause, thats the look I want. Then, I wondered, who did arnold look up to? Found out it was Reg Park. Arnold followed Reg's routine exactly by the book and by the age of 19 Arnold was in powerlifting competitions deadlifting 616 pounds and benching 400+lbs!

Goes to show that most good bodybuilders started out with the basics and trained for strength.

metoo

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Your body does not stop growing until you are about 26 years old. Sounds like you might need testestorone injections, possibly even pituitary gland help. Get Arnold's books, from your library's interlibrary book loan system.

coochieman

Don Juan
Reaction score
@marmel75&metoo: never given "estrogen dominance" a thought. Would look into that ASAP. I'm kinda scared 'cos this could be a good reason why I'm more flesh than muscle[if at all there's any muscle].

Would be totally disheartening to know I'm a girl deep down! [GOD! Lmao]
Feel like killin' myself, my mom dis-encouraged me from sports when I was younger and I accepted!!!

It's been three days since i went to gym last, the pains are still crucial. Since I'm just beginning and my body's still really sore, do I keep working out [regardless of the pain] or do I give myself time to recover fully?

AmIAFC

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
One thing these guys aren't telling you is for you to make sure your form is correct during these workouts, especially if you're going to subscribe to the 5x5/3-days-a-week routine, since that workout schedule contains the major body workouts that can lead to injuries for any novice and unsuspecting lifter.

Do not worry about getting strong for right now. Practice form for the first two weeks. Pull a trainer or two aside and have him/her analyze your form, specifically for squats and deadlifts. Since, by your own admission, you don't have a lot muscle, that makes you more susceptible to injury.

NorwegianDJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Start with a simple routine, like a full body routine 3x a week.
Hit the gym even if you're sore. You will get used to it and be much less sore in 1-2 weeks.
As said above, DO work a lot on your form. Your form is everything. Disregard increasing weights much before you got your form down 100%. Ask trainers and people around you about how your form is, also look online for videos and description.
And eat a lot.
Just make the habit and youre good to go :)

Alle_Gory

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
coochieman said:
Since I'm just beginning and my body's still really sore, do I keep working out [regardless of the pain] or do I give myself time to recover fully?
You wait until the pain subsides, then you go to the gym. As you go more frequently you will notice that the pain and soreness lasts a shorter time. If you're hurting bad, don't go to the gym. If your muscles still ache and are a little sore, go to the gym but work out a different muscle group. After the muscles stop hurting give them a day or two before you hit that muscle group again.

You're a beginner, so take it easy. Go as frequently as your body allows and no more.

You're soft and flabby because you're not working out and your diet is probably bad.