Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Herpes...

JohnnyIrish

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
OP read up cold sores = herpes simplex 1.

Simplex 1 is VERY common and the blisters will go away (although future outbreaks can/do occur). I recommend seeing a doc to get some pills that you can take at the first sign of an outbreak that will stop the sores from forming. The over the counter stuff sucks.. If you don't catch them soon enough they tend to last for 1-2 weeks before they go away (in my experience). Outbreaks vary but the more healthy, in shape and less stress of a life you live.. the more infrequent the outbreaks. The last time I had an outbreak was well over a year ago. *knock on wood*

From my reading and my experience (no woman has ever caught it from me) as long as you don't have an outbreak your good.. but when you have an outbreak its time for lockdown. Don't let anything touch it (I.E. no kissing anything. Don't even touch it yourself and then touch other parts of your body as it can reinfect other areas). Honestly as along as your not stupid about it, you'll be fine. Its all common sense after awhile.

Obsidian

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
i heard that you can't generally get herpes except from body-to-body contact. It doesn't last well outside the body. Therefore drinking after someone else is unlikely to get you infected -- unless I'm misinformed.

And yeah, this does kinda make me wary about kissing girls. :(

Btw, failing to kiss a girl on the first or second date is not a violation of any DJ rules. Anti-Dump himself suggests holding off on the kiss for a few dates at least.

Nip/Tuck

Banned
Reaction score
Obsidian said:
i heard that you can't generally get herpes except from body-to-body contact. It doesn't last well outside the body. Therefore drinking after someone else is unlikely to get you infected -- unless I'm misinformed.

And yeah, this does kinda make me wary about kissing girls. :(

Btw, failing to kiss a girl on the first or second date is not a violation of any DJ rules. Anti-Dump himself suggests holding off on the kiss for a few dates at least.
You see there's a difference between being reckless and being assertive. The reason you have a couple dates before kissing is getting to know her well. I don't care how hot / sexy she is, I'm going to make sure she's CLEAN and if she isn't then I'll leave her. Plenty of fishes in the sea. The pay off and risk is too great for just randomly hooking up and ending up with a STD for life. I always laugh at those herpes commercials, they'll all happy that they have herpes for life. I would probably kill the skank if I ever get herpes or any STD. That leads to another point lesson of checking yourself and trusting NO ONE. I know girls who go out to infect guys on purpose cuz they're BITTER.

You are very misinformed, don't listen to skank lies. Since there is such a high percentage of people with herpes... some actually want it to be socially acceptable. If you see someone with a cold sore, RUN! The sore is shredding virus and if you share anything ex. drink, food or cigarettes. There is a high chance of you getting it. I know this because my friend who shared a bong with with stranger got it. He found out later that the guy just had the sore disappear.

So the important lesson here is, take care of yourself and trust no one. It's your lips and d*ck, it's 99% preventable if you carefully choose who you hook up with.

Nip/Tuck

Banned
Reaction score
Stéphane said:
It's just a cold sore that pops up once in a while, just like acne. No big deal.
Except you could can infect people. If you eat a girl out she'll get herpes type II and if you have sex with her... YOU'LL GET IT TOO! OMG NOW YOU HAVE BOTH HERPES TYPE I AND II! You're set you're officially a herpes ridden slut. :crackup:

Stéphane

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Dude, herpes ain't a big deal. f*ck I wouldn't even f*ck if I was scared of catching an std. Has long my **** works good, and i'm still a live, and healthy. I don't give a f*ck about a little cold sore. it's not like the outbreaks are constant anyways, and 80% of people have it, some just show no symptoms.

fireguy

Don Juan
Reaction score
A female friend of mine has oral herpes. She only gets the "cold sores" maby once a year or so. During that brief cold sore period, she wont make out with anyone. It only spreads when the sores break out. I dont think its a big deal. I just wont make out wih someone that has it :p

ThunderMaverick

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Luke, I'm sorry but half of what you're saying has NOTHING to do with chasing women.

Do your homework on Herpes simplex 1. Most of the population has it. They're called COLD SORES. Herpes simplex 2 is an STD. You can get Herpes Simplex 1 from just sharing a soda with a child in your 1st grade class room. I'm pretty sure that's how I broke out with cold sores when I was a child. I didn't make out with any girl until I was about 12, and I had cold sores way before that. You can get cold sores from sharing food with your mother and she has an outbreak. Nothing sexual about that, bro.

Also, when people get older, usually their bodies usually build up an immunity to the herpes virus, so catching it at an older age becomes harder and harder to do. You can't get HPV II from the I virus. Even if you go down on a girl and give her HPV I down there it's still HPV I from what I remember. The virus is almost always attracted to moist places so you getting it anywhere besides your neither regions or mouth are rare.

Edit: Obsidian, yes you can get it if someone's infected lips are on an object that you put your mouth on. How long the virus last outside the body I don't know. Like I said, I'm pretty sure that's how I caught it. Unless I was kiss-raped by someone who had herpes when I was a child and I don't remember. Hahaha

Oh also the visible outbreaks become less and less over the years. The cold sores you have now won't be half as small as they will be years from now.

Edit 2: OH that reminds me. Ever since I started taking Red Marine Algae for a month straight I didn't get any outbreaks. It's been over a year since I've had even a small outbreak. I use to get them every winter.

DonJuan11

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
For all those guys worried about getting herpes from kissing, you FIRST have to:

1) become a DJ
2) work on game
3) work on body
4) work on personality
5) work on new wardrobe
5) increase social value
6) find a girl willing to date you
7) try to initiate the kiss after a good date
8) see if she is willing to kiss you back
9) see if she'll give you another date
10) worry that you could get herpes from kissing her, considering you didn't pick her up in a bar or in the yellow pages.

I was at a bar yesterday and made out with a 8/10. Getting Herpes from her was the LAST thing on my mind. It's like saying don't buy a SLR Mercedes because you might go too fast and could hurt yourself. Well, first show me the money and then lets talk.

----------------------------------------------------------

The used to call me fatty until I got with Puff Daddy

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Luke Skywalker said:
But you have people worried that they are breaking DJ rules by not kissing on the first or second date, well, suppose the date has herpes, then I guess that mistake may be a delay from catching it whenever they do start kissing, but then I guess I'm just a little boy for ranting about STD's, as some people would say on here, and you for complaining about it.

By 'some people,' I think you mean me, and yes, I still think STD fear is little boyish in a 'girls have cooties' type of way.

If I showed you a thousand gory pictures of maimed and dismembered bodies at car crash sites, would you stop driving? If you talk on your cel phone and drive, eat and drive, or cross the street as a pedestrian while wearing an ipod or music player that blocks your hearing, then you are taking your life into your hands a thousand times more than having sex. Your life that you think is so safe is full of avoidable risks, yet you still do reckless things like cross the street, because the risk/reward ratio points to it being a wise decision. It's the same with sex. Meet a nice girl, kiss her, use a condom for sex - and you are taking more risk to yourself by the extra time you spend in a car going to see the chick.

Stop worrying and go live life. Sex is fun, Luke. I wish you could be having as much fun as me. I have gone years without sex, too, but right now I have two horny GFs, and am having more sex than I have ever had in my life. My average day unfolds like a Penthouse Letter. Don't be afraid to live like this.

Drum&Bass

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
that 1 in 4 statistic has been around for years..i'm calling bullshit, WAYYY more people have it then most would like to believe.

Levex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Bible_Belt said:
I still think STD fear is little boyish in a 'girls have cooties' type of way.

Thats until you're left with no immune system to speak of. I wonder what percentage of people living with HIV/AIDS were not worried about catching it...i bet if they could do it over again they would.

Stéphane

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Aids/Hiv ain't herpes dude. It's really not a big deal you only get outbreaks once in a while. Like once a year, and it's nothing major.

TyTe`EyEs

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Stéphane said:
Yeah, I think so, but I didn't really want it...
The majority of the population will have to deal with cold sores at some point in their life. It's not that big of a deal.

If you start to feel a cold sore coming on you should hold an ice cube against the spot for about 10 minutes. Just wrap the ice cube in a paper towel first. Your breakouts will become less frequent and less severe over time.

speakeasy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Nip/Tuck said:
You see there's a difference between being reckless and being assertive. The reason you have a couple dates before kissing is getting to know her well. I don't care how hot / sexy she is, I'm going to make sure she's CLEAN and if she isn't then I'll leave her.
And how do you know a girl is clean based on 1 or 2 extra dates? What are you doing to find out in the 2nd date that lets you know if she has herpes? Many people probably have herpes AND DON'T EVEN KNOW IT. I've never had any herpes sores, but how do I know the virus isn't dormant in my body ready to flare up at any random moment? I may have kissed a girl that had it in the past.

Btw, what's this thing about a DJ rule of no kissing on the 1st or 2nd date? Never heard of that, someone care to explain?

speakeasy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
fireguy said:
A female friend of mine has oral herpes. She only gets the "cold sores" maby once a year or so. During that brief cold sore period, she wont make out with anyone. It only spreads when the sores break out. I dont think its a big deal. I just wont make out wih someone that has it :p
Couldn't the sore be on the inside of the lip too? You'd never be able to see that.

Crespi Nigen

Banned
Reaction score
You can get alot kissing and sex. Make sure that light is on when starting to fool with girls. Then you know what you get into.