Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

"Hemp Hearts" <--- check it out

JoE BoXeR

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Anybody ever try these things?

My dad picked up a 1lb container of this stuff the other day at the health food store and I must admit I'm a little intrigued by what the label claims...

- more required amino acids (protein) than milk, meat or eggs.

- a complete protein source- more balanced and digestible than soy

- contains about 47% oil, 78% of which is Omega or essential fats

- contains all the essential or omega fat required for human health

- contains several times more Omega 3 essential fat than any fish

- provides more energy than store-bought energy bars with no sugar and less saturated fat

- suitable for those unable to eat gluten/milk/sugar/meat/nuts

- low in carbs

A 42g serving (4 heaping tbsp) contains 240 calories of energy from 15g of protein, 15g of polyunsaturated fats (11.4g Omega 6 & 3.6g Omega 3), 2.7g mono-unsaturated fats, 2.1g saturated fats, 2.5g of fibre, 4.5g carbohydrates, 2mg of iron, 31mg calcium, and small amounts of Vitamin A, B1, B2, B6, C, D, & E.

The lable goes on to claim that people who eat the recommended amount of 42g in the morning report higher levels of energy throughout the day, less cravings for sweet snacks and soft drinks, better sleep, and decreased appetite before mid afternoon.

Anywaaaaaays, I've added the suggested 4 Tbsp's to my cold cereal every morning for the past week and must admit I feel a lot more full after breakfast and I'm always happy when I can find new and creative ways to get more protein into my diet.

In terms of taste, "hemp hearts" don't necessarily add anything to what you're eating which is probably a good thing, but raw they taste mild and remind me of sunflower seeds.

At $15 (can)/$11 (usd) for a 1lb tin, you get about 10 servings, making each serving worth more than a buck which is quite pricey for what it is. If I was to discontinue eating "hemp hearts" it would be because of their price. That being said, I'm sure they're worth every penny if what the label claims is true in terms of being a quite "complete" food nutritionally-wise.

Apparently they can easily be mixed in shakes or muffins/bread etc. and I'll probably give a couple of those recipes a try.

Taking into account that a serving adds 240 calories to your meal, I assume these would be best for those bulking, however if the appetite-suppressant claims are true, it could be good for those cutting as well.

Has anyone else tried these things? If so, what are your thoughts...?

Eternal

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Never heard of it. I thought hemp was a strand of something that I use to make jewlery? :confused:

DonCruez

Don Juan
Reaction score
hemp is indeed used too make rope and cloth, also oil.

BUT actually it's the same plant that produces Mariuhana

Eternal

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by DonCruez
hemp is indeed used too make rope and cloth, also oil.

BUT actually it's the same plant that produces Mariuhana
That explains the looks I get when I buy 10 yards of hemp every few weeks. :p