Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Help with hallway game - how to open?

smithersonb11

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

Basically im quiet at school, at parties and on the weekends im really outgoing and confident. I need to be more like that in school

Started reading up on PUA stuff back in the summer, time to start actually taking action

For the first 3 years i was the shy kid. Trying to change that. I overhear girls talking about how cute or hot i am a lot, and im always getting looks. Went to a party recently, only about 40-50 people but it was all the most popular people in the school. I talked to pretty much everyone. Most girls had boyfriends but still seemed really into me, always smiling and coming over to talk to me again touching and a couple sitting on my lap. After i've had a few drinks i get really confident and funny... How can i be more like that in school? Keeping a bottle of tequila in my locker isnt an option.

I see a lot of the same girls in the hallway all day. I usually make eye contact and let them look away first. Some glance away quickly others just stare and smile...They're usually with a couple friends, how can i open them without coming across as a try hard or creepy?

Thanks

Rhino

Don Juan
Reaction score
lmfao "hallway game"

Yeah, the hallway isn't the best place to just start conversations. Everyone has somewhere to be, and it IS a little creepy, no matter how you do it. You're saying you're seeing a lot of the same girls you see at parties. So smile, give a manly little wave, and say "hey _____." Then keep going. Most of your social interaction will be at parties, where you're most uninhibited and confident after a couple...I know exactly what you mean by that. Yes, alcohol helps, but don't feel like you need it to be funny and talk to people.

NorwegianDJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's also to do with situational confidence. You can build up confidence in school too. Get to know more people etc.

I think a simple high5 and holding on could work nicely, just deliver with a smile!

Jack Wealthy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Rhino said:
lmfao "hallway game"
I did too.

Rhino said:
Yeah, the hallway isn't the best place to just start conversations. Everyone has somewhere to be, and it IS a little creepy, no matter how you do it. You're saying you're seeing a lot of the same girls you see at parties. So smile, give a manly little wave, and say "hey _____." Then keep going. Most of your social interaction will be at parties, where you're most uninhibited and confident after a couple...I know exactly what you mean by that. Yes, alcohol helps, but don't feel like you need it to be funny and talk to people.
First off, there is no such thing as hallway game. You're breaking it down way too far. To talk to a girl in a hallway, say hi. To talk to people you first say hi, pretty universal. 95% of the time it is the best opener and it is all about delivery. It has to be manly and all pointed down, not "heyy" like you're secretly gay and want to comment on their outfit but can't because of the secretly part.

Next, it isn't creepy. If a girl is staring at you and smiling, your hey is just acknowledging that. If the girl makes no eye-contact, is standing still and talking to friends and you suddenly mumble hey, that is creepy. That gives the creepy vibe because it lacks set-up and confidence, the second one being the most important to any opener.

Finally, no premeditated openers in a hallway. THAT is creepy.

smithersonb11

Don Juan
Reaction score
Jack Wealthy said:
I did too.

First off, there is no such thing as hallway game. You're breaking it down way too far. To talk to a girl in a hallway, say hi. To talk to people you first say hi, pretty universal. 95% of the time it is the best opener and it is all about delivery. It has to be manly and all pointed down, not "heyy" like you're secretly gay and want to comment on their outfit but can't because of the secretly part.

Next, it isn't creepy. If a girl is staring at you and smiling, your hey is just acknowledging that. If the girl makes no eye-contact, is standing still and talking to friends and you suddenly mumble hey, that is creepy. That gives the creepy vibe because it lacks set-up and confidence, the second one being the most important to any opener.

Finally, no premeditated openers in a hallway. THAT is creepy.
Hallway game probably a weird way of wording it. All i meant was how should i open moving sets i see over and over but dont know. My natural games usually alright after opening, i always feel awkward opening though. So you're just recommending "Hi I'm smithersonb11" handshake and go from there?

Also, anybody sarge at malls? Any tips for that? Seems like a good place to meet girls from other schools.

Jack Wealthy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
smithersonb11 said:
Hallway game probably a weird way of wording it. All i meant was how should i open moving sets i see over and over but dont know. My natural games usually alright after opening, i always feel awkward opening though. So you're just recommending "Hi I'm smithersonb11" handshake and go from there?

Also, anybody sarge at malls? Any tips for that? Seems like a good place to meet girls from other schools.
Meeting girls out there is two ways to go for it. One is to approach the fcuk out of every girl you see who is hot, the other is to wait for eye-contact and introduce yourself. Actually, I thought of a third, go with friends and have so much fun you just shout hey at strangers and they come over. Party style.

You walk up, say hi and introduce yourself. You then start talking about your day/their day. If they ask you why you are talking to them you say I think you are hot except worded different.

You plow but less so compared to night. You rely on your confidence in opening to make a good impression and if you get a bad one you just keep going, leave if they say to and tell them it was nice meeting them. IMO, you want to approach as few groups as possible during the day and the main point is to get them to come do stuff with you. Without solid time the numbers you get will be crap.

Yep that is how I open.

LearningSlowly

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
What you're basically asking in this thread is: I was never popular through the majority of my school, so I missed out on meeting a lot of the girls. I see them in the hallways all the time, how do I meet them?

I'm in the same position in my life. You can't meet them through approach. Everyone has friends in common, word gets around if you're being try-hard. Anytime you do a straight, even indirect, approach, you'll be labeled as picking them up. If they're less attractive, or young, they may go for it, but the interaction will be less natural.

Common interests are the key. Schools have clubs, service projects, activities, for a reason. Go to as many as you can, even if you don't know anyone who does it. Catching a sudden dose of school spirit will introduce you to more girls in high school than "game" ever will.

Jack Wealthy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
LearningSlowly said:
What you're basically asking in this thread is: I was never popular through the majority of my school, so I missed out on meeting a lot of the girls. I see them in the hallways all the time, how do I meet them?

I'm in the same position in my life. You can't meet them through approach. Everyone has friends in common, word gets around if you're being try-hard. Anytime you do a straight, even indirect, approach, you'll be labeled as picking them up. If they're less attractive, or young, they may go for it, but the interaction will be less natural.

Common interests are the key. Schools have clubs, service projects, activities, for a reason. Go to as many as you can, even if you don't know anyone who does it. Catching a sudden dose of school spirit will introduce you to more girls in high school than "game" ever will.
Disagree entirely. I approach often and my label (label) is that I'm very confident. The trick is to not be sporadic and weird about it or go super indirect. "Hey, we go to the same school and I don't know you. Sup?" Then just keep talking. they probably won't like you at first but eventually...

Also, there is this weird phenomena where even if they dislike after seeing you talk to lots of people they will start to like you for being social. Even if those people also don't like you.

Just smile, smile and talk. handshake as well.

The most indirect I'd go is "Hey, you're Toms friend? Oh, well I'm Jack." Smile.

smithersonb11

Don Juan
Reaction score
Jack Wealthy said:
Disagree entirely. I approach often and my label (label) is that I'm very confident. The trick is to not be sporadic and weird about it or go super indirect. "Hey, we go to the same school and I don't know you. Sup?" Then just keep talking. they probably won't like you at first but eventually...

Also, there is this weird phenomena where even if they dislike after seeing you talk to lots of people they will start to like you for being social. Even if those people also don't like you.

Just smile, smile and talk. handshake as well.

The most indirect I'd go is "Hey, you're Toms friend? Oh, well I'm Jack." Smile.
I guess I'll just see how it goes and keep trying.

I have less than a year left, I dont really care how people see me if i **** up or anything at this point, so its worth a shot. It'd be nice if I didnt end up the creepy guy though haha

Lord Shinra

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I did/do that, but as I'm not older it isnt to meet girls from school.

Best advice I can give you, while you def. can pull, is be prepared to have your ass handed to you. I would also avoid the moving targets (unless you know them and can strike up a convo) and stick to stationary ones (food courts, sitting on a bench, outside smoking areas).

Oh, and if you're fidgety, have a drink in your hand. It helps control those weird body language tells we all have.