Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Help With Getting Back LTR Girl Who Left But Now Wants Space

Alpmeyda

Reaction score
Originally posted by PlayerSupreme
This is good advice. I hope he takes it. When women want space it means they are shopping around to see if they can trade up. She got bored in the relationship. She is ready to see how well she can do on the market.

This kid needs to accept the fact that another man may be hitting that real soon. Even though she says she loves him

She only called him to check to see how desperate for her he was. I think he did good when he didn't return her call.

To the kid:

Next time she rings:

Answer the phone in a sleepy voice. Pretend she is someone else and say to her that you had a good time last night at the movies but your trying to sleep.

This will put that ho on check and open her eyes that your not suffering. She will come by to see you in person to validate that "
she" is still number 1 in your life.

You also have to face reality kid. Women get bored. And boredom is death to a relationship....EVEN when they proffess this undying love for you.

She can still love you while another man is pounding away into her...I know that thought hurts but it is a new reality for you to face. Women are loving creatures...they have enough for several men.

You do need to start shopping around also like she "IS" doing. She is young and wants to have fun...not stuck in some stuffy boring relationship. Read my post on Keeping the fires lit.

My motto is two can play that game.
I can't just presume she's getting freaky behind my back. Even if we are on a "break". These are way too emotional times for that stuff. For me anyways. I'm going out tonight but I'm not particularly aiming for a new honey.

How can you be so certain without knowing her? Be a bit more realistic, or at least offer different scenarios. You can't say she IS cheating on me.

jbbrain

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Right-at the same time, dont be so in denial with that very possibility. Big Chill doesnt know the situation, and nor do I, we're just here to enlighten you on every possibility. The question should be:

How would you react if you realized she was cheating on you? Would it be the end of your world? Could u take the necessary steps to get over it and move on with your life?

Be real with yourself.

NewMan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
No, we do not know if she's actually cheating on you....

But it makes no real difference does it? If it would effect how you feel about her - then forget her.

In my experience, after being with someone for that amount of time - men and women go crazy when they are single again.

She's either getting hit on left, right and center - or she's going out and partying with her buds - and you can guarantee there are guys around - so she's probably going to get hit on a lot - and she'll bite with a few of these guys.

What you have to do is to get your sh#t together.

Go out - meet women and have fun.

The improtant point is - this breakup will hit her - usually later rather than sooner.

Thats when she will call you. At that time, you act like everything is going so well - your life is just awesome (which by the way it should be).....

Thats when the breakup will hit her....

PlayerSupreme

Banned
Reaction score
Originally posted by Alpmeyda
I can't just presume she's getting freaky behind my back. Even if we are on a "break". These are way too emotional times for that stuff. For me anyways. I'm going out tonight but I'm not particularly aiming for a new honey.

How can you be so certain without knowing her? Be a bit more realistic, or at least offer different scenarios. You can't say she IS cheating on me.
1. you don't know ******** language. In their minds it's not cheating because your on a break.

2. when it does happen she will blame it on something other than her...she will say something like "one minute we were talking and the next minute...blah blah blah...

3. your stuck pal. If you can't accept that your girl is bored and is looking around. I feel for you...I really do. You will have to accept this reality. If she isn't then she is thinking about it.

4. you don't see her crying her eyes out now do you. your the one who is way too emotional and I can understand that.

Reaction score
Originally posted by PlayerSupreme
1. you don't know ******** language. In their minds it's not cheating because your on a break.

2. when it does happen she will blame it on something other than her...she will say something like "one minute we were talking and the next minute...blah blah blah...

3. your stuck pal. If you can't accept that your girl is bored and is looking around. I feel for you...I really do. You will have to accept this reality. If she isn't then she is thinking about it.

4. you don't see her crying her eyes out now do you. your the one who is way too emotional and I can understand that.
Every point here is valid! No need to reiterate!

PlayerSupreme

Banned
Reaction score
I pulled this outta a file. It's from the DYD dude on breaking up:

Pimpin Strong

Posted: Fri Jan 23, 2004 5:03 am Post subject: ATTRACION ISN'T A CHOICE: DYD on break ups

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ATTRACION ISN'T A CHOICE

Explained differently, a woman doesn't CONSCIOUSLY
CHOOSE to feel attracted to a man.

A woman also doesn't consciously choose to STOP
her attraction for a man.

It happens for reasons that seem very illogical to
most men.

The things you were doing when you first met this
girl were EXACTLY the right things for creating
this wonderful feeling of ATTRACTION inside of
her.

And she obviously enjoyed it tremendously.

You mentioned that you didn't feel totally
comfortable at first, but since it was obvious
that she was becoming more and more interested in
you, you kept going... which led to you getting
together with her.

But remember the flip side: If you start doing the
WRONG things, the woman will LOSE her ATTRACTION
for you as well. And it will happen ALL BY ITSELF.
The worst part is that you can't logically
convince her to keep feeling attracted to you. If
you screw it up, you're probably going to screw it
up to a point that is almost impossible to fix.

GIVE HER THE GIFT OF MISSING YOU

What do most guys do as soon as they meet a REALLY
HOT, ultra-attractive woman?

Of course! They call three times a day, and want
to see her all the time.

Attractive women know better than to do this.

When an attractive woman meets a man she likes,
she usually PLAYS HARD TO GET. Instead of calling,
she acts like she's BUSY.

This makes the man try even harder, and pursue her
even more...

It sounds like you did exactly the opposite.

In your email here you say:

"Well, over the next two weeks or so, I kept
coming over and doing things during the days with
her and staying at night. This is when things
began to change..."

No no no!

Over the next two weeks you should have called her
every few days, and seen her maybe three times for
a few hours each.

No "doing things during the days with her and
staying at night"!

You really need to remember to GIVE HER THE GIFT
OF MISSING YOU!

If you're around all the time, you become
predictable, expected, and uninteresting.

On the other hand, if you're mysterious,
challenging, and hard to pin down, she will think
about you and miss the times she's had with you.

DON'T TURN INTO A WUSS

This is one of the biggest mistakes that men make
when they meet a woman that they REALLY like.

I get a lot of emails from saying "I met this
girl, and I used everything I've learned from
Double Your Dating to get her... but now that
we've been seeing each other for awhile things are
changing, and I'm starting to lose control of how
I act... and I'm turning into my old Wussy self..."

As I'm sure you can guess, this is bad bad bad for
attraction.

When you start out by doing things that are
attractive to her, then gradually turn into a WUSS
BAG, you go from her wildest dream to her worst
nightmare right in front of her eyes.

If you figure out how to make a woman feel
ATTRACTION for you, then KEEP DOING WHAT YOU'RE
DOING!

Don't start being a clingy Wuss. Translation:
Don't spend every day and night with her, don't
buy her groceries, and don't try to get her into a
relationship fifteen minutes after you meet her.

You also mentioned a few little words that stood
out for me: "I kept coming over...".

YOU kept coming over. When you're the one coming
to her, then she's the one in control. Think about
it. This is a small point, and it isn't always the
case, but in this situation it makes a difference.

So what should you do now?

You should give her some space. Don't call her
more than once or twice a week, and don't see her
more than once or twice a week for awhile. Don't
pressure her physically, and don't try to push for
a relationship.

DATE OTHER WOMEN! Get out there and go out with
some other women... and when you talk to her don't
hide the fact that you're doing it. Be casual
about it, but feel free to mention it in
conversation once or twice.

GET ON WITH YOUR LIFE.

Don't get hung up, don't obsess about her, and
don't make it important to "win her back". Just
move on.

This combination will give you the greatest chance
of winning her back...

And the next time you meet a beautiful woman that
has an interesting personality, DON'T TURN INTO A
PREDICTABLE, BORING, CLINGY, WUSSY!

You've done a great job getting this far. Now get
back in there and take this to the next level!

And if you're reading this right now and thinking
to yourself "I need to learn this stuff so I can
meet beautiful women like this guy...", then we
have to talk.

One of the most important insights I've gotten
from learning the secrets of how to attract women
is very interesting...

I've realized that if a man doesn't know how to
attract women, it spills over into all other areas
of his life. It's a very special kind of
insecurity that causes a lot of problems in other
areas as well.

Let's face it.

Just about everything that men do to achieve
material success in life is somehow connected to
ATTRACTING WOMEN.

But guess what?

Material success won't make the INSECURITY and the
FEAR go away!

The only thing that WILL make it go away is
actually LEARNING how to attract women.

I know, because I've been there. I can CLEARLY
remember how different I felt inside when I had no
idea how to meet women... and I know how different
it feels now that I do.

My relationships work better, because I'm not
acting AFRAID... afraid that she's going to leave,
afraid I won't be able to find someone else...
etc.

And when I'm single, I'm happy. I don't constantly
worry anymore, not knowing if I'll ever meet
another woman.

I personally think that taking the time to learn
how to make women feel ATTRACTION is one of the
best investments you will ever make in yourself
and your life, period.

It might be THE best investment.

If you'd like to get the best training available
in the WORLD, then you need to get yourself a copy
of my Advanced Dating Techniques CD/DVD Program.

It's a complete education, from the psychology of
how to overcome fear and improve your self image,
all the way to specific techniques for
approaching, meeting, and dating women... and even
how to take things to a "physical level" without
rejection

Alpmeyda

Reaction score
It's update time :) Ok, it's two weeks since she told me it's over. I was in a real state last week, little food, little sleep and poor morale.

On Friday, I'd had enough, I wanted this near 5 year relationship to end properly. She didn't want time to think if we could be back together, so why should I wait. I just wanted to do the relationship some justice.

I took control and demanded we meet on Saturday. We did. She told me the same bull**** all over. I was calm and confident with the way I talked and the things I said. Of course, it was weird, because we weren't as warm with eachother as before. But it was good to see her and go our seperate ways on good terms.

I didn't beg her to give the relationship another chance. I asked her if this is what she really wanted, she said yes. Fine with me. I told her I'm a player from now on and she can call me to talk if she wants, or for sex. In time, we might become release valve lovers, as someone stated on this thread earlier.

I'm already looking forward to my next relationship or ONS. Of course I miss this girl, and she must be missing me, but I've learnt to look on the positive side. I know I'm a DJ, but I found good love early on and saw no reason to quit. If I could turn back time I would have done certain things differently, especially late on. But you learn with these experiences, you can't turn back time to implement them.

Thanks for your contributions on this thread.

Trance

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You ****ed up :/ Saying she can call you for sex is going to be interpreted by her as a desperate AFC behavior. It might not be the case, but she will think of it as being.

Alpmeyda

Reaction score
No it's not desperate behaviour. I told her I'm going to be a player and won't be in a LTR.

Anyway, she can think whatever she wants. I'm not with her anymore.

Jay Fiedler

Don Juan
Reaction score
From my experience with women (and its pretty vast) this girl is either interested in another guy, or has already begun dating him. And the previous posters were right in the fact that this started to happen long before she actually left. Girls, especially ones involved in that long of a relationship, dont just leave like that unless they are already covered by at least talking to someone else. So I know you may think no other guy is involved with her right now, but 99% chance she is.

Also, player supreme had it right on the money about women feeling justified in sleeping with someone while on a "break". In a womans eyes this gives her justifiable means to do whatever the hell she wants. See, women arent like men when it comes to relationships. Women have this ability to just turn their feelings off like a light switch when they have made up their mind to move on. Its uncanny really. Or, they at least have a great ability to hide their feelings. Men on the other hand, once they have decided to give their heart to someone, have a very hard time in letting go of a relationship, especially when the girl is the one breaking things off. You would think it would be the opposite, I mean men are supposed to be the tough guys who can do whatever they want, but it isnt. That is why you rarely see women going beserk after a break up, whether by calling, writing, sending flowers, or even stalking. It does happen, but 9 times out of ten when you hear stalking cases, its a man stalking a woman. When a man and a women break up, its usally the woman who has the ability to go out right away and sleep with someone else, while the man is stuck wondering how can he get her back and remains faithful to her until he finally sees the light.

Ive seen it before with friends gf's, and in 2 cases it has happened to me. Women can just turn their emotions off, and at least on the outside it seems like her and her ex were never even together, even after a ltr, they just turn to stone. This is exactly what she is doing to you. Shutting herself down to you. You can see your ex after a break up and they act like you hardly even exist, while just a month before she was acting like you were the only guy in the world for her. It takes a long time ususally for a woman to get to the point of breaking up, but once they leave, its etched in stone. She will have her fun, but my guess is in time, maybe in a month to a year, she will come calling. Women also ususally do that. After their escape is over, they pine for the old times, the good times, that she had with you. You must leave her alone, totally. ANd then when she calls again, you can decide what you want to do. But my guess is after a enough time has passed, you will see her for what she really is, and YOU wont want her back. But remember this--leave her alone. Dont call her for sex, dont let her call you for sex. Dont be her friend, dont be anything-except invisible.

Trance

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Jay Fiedler, your post was absolutely brilliant, it had all i learned from my last LTR. Women are just like that, and there is nothing we can do about it. And every one of us guys gets his heart broken once, and then learns from it. Its just a learning cycle.
Im gona add your post to my best off colection :d

Dust 2 Dust

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Fukk her one more time, nut in her face and call her a wh0re then never call her again. That's what i'd do.

Capitol39

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
<Deleted>

Alpmeyda

Reaction score
Originally posted by Jay Fiedler
From my experience with women (and its pretty vast) this girl is either interested in another guy, or has already begun dating him. And the previous posters were right in the fact that this started to happen long before she actually left. Girls, especially ones involved in that long of a relationship, dont just leave like that unless they are already covered by at least talking to someone else. So I know you may think no other guy is involved with her right now, but 99% chance she is.

Also, player supreme had it right on the money about women feeling justified in sleeping with someone while on a "break". In a womans eyes this gives her justifiable means to do whatever the hell she wants. See, women arent like men when it comes to relationships. Women have this ability to just turn their feelings off like a light switch when they have made up their mind to move on. Its uncanny really. Or, they at least have a great ability to hide their feelings. Men on the other hand, once they have decided to give their heart to someone, have a very hard time in letting go of a relationship, especially when the girl is the one breaking things off. You would think it would be the opposite, I mean men are supposed to be the tough guys who can do whatever they want, but it isnt. That is why you rarely see women going beserk after a break up, whether by calling, writing, sending flowers, or even stalking. It does happen, but 9 times out of ten when you hear stalking cases, its a man stalking a woman. When a man and a women break up, its usally the woman who has the ability to go out right away and sleep with someone else, while the man is stuck wondering how can he get her back and remains faithful to her until he finally sees the light.

Ive seen it before with friends gf's, and in 2 cases it has happened to me. Women can just turn their emotions off, and at least on the outside it seems like her and her ex were never even together, even after a ltr, they just turn to stone. This is exactly what she is doing to you. Shutting herself down to you. You can see your ex after a break up and they act like you hardly even exist, while just a month before she was acting like you were the only guy in the world for her. It takes a long time ususally for a woman to get to the point of breaking up, but once they leave, its etched in stone. She will have her fun, but my guess is in time, maybe in a month to a year, she will come calling. Women also ususally do that. After their escape is over, they pine for the old times, the good times, that she had with you. You must leave her alone, totally. ANd then when she calls again, you can decide what you want to do. But my guess is after a enough time has passed, you will see her for what she really is, and YOU wont want her back. But remember this--leave her alone. Dont call her for sex, dont let her call you for sex. Dont be her friend, dont be anything-except invisible.
I really did notice this. She was absolute stone when we met to break it off completely. I couldn't believe it. I've questioned her many times if there's someone else, in the best possible situations, but she's always said there isn't someone else. Maybe it's just someone she's interested in or is flirting with, which is essentially "not someone else" to her, just a friend. I even asked if this was the case but she said no. Could be lying.

You're right. I've sent only one SMS since the break up, and I won't do that again. I only asked her how she was.

Now that we've broken up, should I stay away from the usual nightspot she goes to? It's where all the nice honies are and I would like to go there, but also avoid the emotional side when I see her.

NewMan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Your kidding yourself.

Your not over her.

You little "Talk" on Saturday was just a way to see her - and tell her that your through. You were trying to get her to believe that you were over her - thinking that it would make her see what she's losing - but it failed.

She's not going to come back to you in your timeframe - this isn't the movies, it's real life.

Listen to the posters here.

You have to break it off utterly and completely. No talk, not contact IN ANY FORM. Hang up on her - don't reply to emails etc.

When you are finally, well and truely over her, you will know. My bet is, that you will not want to be her friend - you'll be happy being alone - or with another woman.

It does not matter what she's doing or who she's doing it with. It's a waste of your time and energy to think about it.

The only way now is forward not back.

Don't go to places where she hang out - find new places to hit up.

There will be a time in the future where she calls you - then and only then can you decide what you want to do.

E-Z Rider

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Alpmeyda
I really did notice this. She was absolute stone when we met to break it off completely. I couldn't believe it. I've questioned her many times if there's someone else, in the best possible situations, but she's always said there isn't someone else. Maybe it's just someone she's interested in or is flirting with, which is essentially "not someone else" to her, just a friend. I even asked if this was the case but she said no. Could be lying.
She's lying, trust me. She sees telling you this lie as doing you a service, protecting your ego.

But moreover, don't worry about it. It is absolutely, 100% completely USELESS to worry about it, to ask her about it. Whether she's seeing anyone or not, she's not interested in YOU, so therefore it doesn't concern you.

I know you want to know b/c it would make everything 'make sense'...but it already does. She isn't attracted to you. You have to move on. There's nothing more to add.

You're right. I've sent only one SMS since the break up, and I won't do that again. I only asked her how she was.
Glad to hear that you won't be SMS'ing her again (btw- what the fvck is an SMS? I get that it's some sort of message, but the only place i've ever heard of it is on this board...). However, you need to understand that just b/c you're not going to be pleading with her to get back together doesn't mean you can contact her without any penalty.

No contact is best. Trust us- we've all given you similar advice, we've been here before. We're trying to help you out.

Now that we've broken up, should I stay away from the usual nightspot she goes to? It's where all the nice honies are and I would like to go there, but also avoid the emotional side when I see her.
Are there any good alternatives? If there are, please go to one of those.

Judging by your posts, I wouldn't say you're very ready to have any confrontations with her yet- or worse, to see her making out with some guy at a club.

If that's the only good night spot...maybe you should try 'diversifing' your game some. Do something different, hit on chicks in other places. Something you've never tried before.

And don't forget that your nights out don't have to involve picking up women. Just bullsh!tting with the guys can be fun as hell, and will take your mind off your troubles.