Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Help with Ebay transaction potentially gone wrong!...

Ken785

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Guys,

I had an item on sale which ended over a week ago. They were for UFC 121 tickets on saturday the 23rd in Anaheim,ca. The buyer is from canada and wanted me to ship his tickets to Huntington beach,ca at his friends house so they can pick them up since he is flying out there on friday the 22nd, the day before the event.

The buyer has since changed his ebay address information to the address he requests the tickets be sent to has sent the payment via paypal, but paypal will not release the payment to me unless the buyer gives me a positive review on ebay for the item.

I sent the tickets via usps priority mail with signature confirmation. His friend who he assured me would sign for the tickets has missed delivery twice...they are now sitting at the hungton beach post office and still havent been picked up.

I tried to contact the buyer via phone twice to no avail, the buyer does respond to me via email every time i send him a comment regarding pick up of the tickets. He says he doesnt know when his friend will be home yet assures me that everything will work out in the end and that he would drive to my home to pick them up if they (usps) send them back to me.

I am worried that if the post office returns the tickets to me...the event will have ended, rendering the tickets useless and the buyer refusing to release the money. I already sent a notice to ebay concerning this....

What else can i do if ebay doesnt do anything??

Reaction score
There is a whole section dealing with tickets on eBay. Special category. Don't know what it says really.

PayPal thought is gonna hold your money for 30 days or something similar regardless if its tickets or what else, if it's a risk category. Unless buyer leaves you positive feedback, in which case money is released. Ever since they implemented these rules a year or two ago their stocks went to pooper.

Basically you NEED to enter tracking information into PayPal and eBay. That's enough. The only thing then that buyer can do is file charge back, in which case PayPal becomes a big bad gay pimp that bends you over and sticks it in.

Wait and don't worry. In future don't sell on eGay, don't use PayPal. Prefer craigslist and cash or money order. :rockon:

Honestly eBay and it's gay cousin PayPal is BS, run and hide.

Ken785

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
i know...ebay charged me a $65 commission and paypal took another $31....ill never list on these sites again! I basically paid $100 to list something $800. :down:

1 Bad Dude

Don Juan
Reaction score
I quit using fee-bay and paypal two years ago when they made these changes. I even met all the feedback and 5 star requirements for exemption too. They're are treating all they're sellers as if they were fortune 500 businesses. Making you assume all the risk in transactions and refusing to hold buyers accountable at all. They're supposed "buyer protection" policies are nothing more than forced seller return policies.

I could write a novel about that sh!thole site and it's clueless administrators. You're basically fvcked if they don't pick-up the tickets.

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I agree that paypal sucks for sellers.

fwiw, the fraud risk with counterfeit money orders is also very high. I have heard a lot of horror stories about a seller's own bank charging them with check fraud for depositing a counterfeit money order they received as payment for a sale. Sometimes it takes a week or two to discover that the money order is fake, and of course the buyer is long gone by then.

Ken785

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
His friend ended up picking up the tickets. He emailed me this morning saying that he wants to make sure the tickets are 100% legit first. Hes probably at the event now and will hopefully leave feedback and release the paypal payment by the end of today or tomorrow.

Hopefully he doesnt go watch the event and not release the payment at all...that would suck.

Reaction score
http://www.craigslist.org/

It's free, highly popular, and all communication is done via the means you provide, i.e. phone, e-mail, whatever you write in the ad.

You may use PayPal as payment method, but I don't recommend it. Postal Money order is your best friend, or cash if in person.

Also, you can avoid taxes this way.