Help this Ectomorph

Ectomorph

Don Juan
Reaction score
yo wuts good?? i'm 5'8 i weigh 145 lbs im 15 going on 16 in a few months, and currently im trying to eat alot to gain wieght and build muscle mass, in the weight gaining part last month i weighed 135lbs and now i weigh 145 lbs hoping that my scale in the bathroom is correct, and as far as the building muscle mass part, i havent seen a difference, im very skinny and i have a 4 pack when i bend over slightly and flex, im trying to get my bottom 2 but its hard, and i dont go to the gym, i have my own dumbell, barbell, and a little workout machine (lat pull downs, pec decks, leg lifts, seated cable row, etc) in my backyard and thats what ive been using, i am trying to lift heavy and do low reps, but i havent seen a big difference (i can curl 25 like 7 times, its heavy for me) so if u can help this poor ectomorph turn into something bigger and i need advice and help on my 2 lower abs(i do hanging knee raises but i dont feel a thing in my lowers), and my overall muscle thanks, if u need pics, just tell me ill try and post some.

navyseal2101

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You should go into the h&f forum, or go to anabolicminds.com. And muscles wont get you chicks, so make sure your doing it for you.

kraytkiller

Don Juan
Reaction score
navyseal2101 said:
You should go into the h&f forum, or go to anabolicminds.com. And muscles wont get you chicks, so make sure your doing it for you.
Really? Muscles certainly help out. Some girls won't even go for a guy with no muscles, though I guess that a good DJ could overcome an obstacle like that.

S.Y.L

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
bodybuilding.com

search for the rippetoes routine, do that, and youll be huge in no time.

also, eat

Ectomorph

Don Juan
Reaction score
i went to the website but i couldnt find it, i looked in forums, can u send me the link to the rippetoe thing

jeffthechef

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
hmm..muscles aren't necessary but they can help...usually the problem is that most of the buff guys at school/jocks are funny too but lack the ability to mentally stimulate a girl...some girls like a guy who can get deep...but others just want a guy that can screw em hard i guess

if you want to work on your lower 2 abs...or abs in general...ive been doing this simple routine since 5th grade and it has always worked...BUT..i don't have much fat and i'm tall so it's not hard for me to get defined abs....for lower abs though, i just do planks and leg raises and pikes...for upper abs the ancient sit up/crunch....obliques i do crossover crunch looking things...and bicycles for the hell of it...running helps too of course..and basically core endurance exercises

Captain

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If you want abs:

-lose weight
-lots of sit ups
-lots of crunches

They are the basic steps, and work very well if you keep at them.

It's best to work out all your muscles though. It takes time, good sleep, lots of protein, hard work, and persistence.

Last edited:

S.Y.L

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Captain said:
If you want abs:

-lose weight
-lots of sit ups
-lots of crunches

They are the basic steps, and work very well if you keep at them.

It's best to work out all your muscles though. It takes time, good sleep, lots of protein, hard work, and persistence.
The only way to get abs is to have a low bf %

Take a pic with your shirt off, then we can see what your at and what you need to start

Captain

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
From those pictures, all you need to do is lose weight.

Everyone has abs, most people have too much fat over the top. So if you want to see abs, lose weight. Exercising them will help increase their size, but you still need to lose weight to have them be visible.

Ectomorph

Don Juan
Reaction score
lose weight?? i weigh 145 and im skinny as hell, all around my arms and shoulders and stuff and when i suck in my stomach u can see my rib cage clearly, and im trying to eat alot cuz i wanna gain wieght and put on muscle mass since in so skinny, so idk if i shuld lose wight cuz at the bottom abs its either fat or my 7 layers of skin covering them so ??? help lol

Ectomorph

Don Juan
Reaction score
okay so if i need to lose fat should i be doing cardio cuz im already skinny, and how do i calculate my body fat %??

Kidd

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Bro, if youre looking to bulk up, google "mark rippetoe's starting strength". It is a very basic compound movement-oriented workout program designed especially for beginners and for skinny guys looking to bulk and gain strength. This is basically what the workout is about:

Workout A
squats - 3 sets of 5
bench press - 3 sets of 5
deadlift - 1 set of 5

Workout B
squats - 3 sets of 5
military press - 3 sets of 5
powercleans/backrows - 3 sets of 5 (2 sets of 5 for powercleans)

You lift 3 times a week alternating each workout, so it would be likeday 1 - workout a day 2 - workout b day 3 - workout a -2 days rest- day 4 - workout b and so on.

Basically, you will be doing heavy compound exercises (5 rep max) and it will help you stimulate your body and cause you to grow.

I myself have been a scrawny dude (6'0 130) but thanks to this program and ALOT of eating, I managed to bulk up 10 pounds in about 2 months. My goal for the summer is to gain 15 more pounds.

I must warn you; these exercises require very presise form. You might want to ask a very experienced lifter to help you do the exercises right.

The most important thing about bulking, however, is you have to eat like a madman. Right now, my calorie intake is roughly 3500-4000 calories a day.

You have to eat at least 6 times a day. Eat alot with every meal. Eat carbs, fat and protein. For me personally, I dont care about gaining fat, I am very skinny and welcome all gains. I also do about 30 minutes of cardio a week.

It is very hard for us ectomorphs to gain dude, but it is definetely worth it. Even though I've only gained 10 pounds, I can feel my testostarone going up. I feel horny as hell constantly, I am now constantly feeling hungry, I have tons more energy and tons more confidence. Even my voice sounds more confident and deeper. Not to mention, I am a lot stronger. And I think girls are noticing, because out of the blue I now get chicks starting to talk to me.

Anyways, it is a tough road but it is definetely worth it. Good luck meng.

Ectomorph

Don Juan
Reaction score
when you say powercleans/backrows do you mean powerclean "or" backrows, or powercleans "and" backrows??

jon3947

Don Juan
Reaction score
bodybuilding.com all the way

Kidd

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
or. both together would be very damaging for the back.