Help Quitting Smoking

Sofomore

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Has anyone here successfully quit smoking cigarettes? I am only 22 but I smoke about 4 a day. I want to kick this habit as early as possible but I have already relapsed once.

Your personal story or any e-books that helped would be much appreciated!

Purefilth

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah man. Cold turkey. I'm still free from the little bastards. ;-)

speed dawg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You just have to do it. I never thought I could quit but I have now. Just grab your nuts and do it.

Sofomore

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Threw away all my tobacco yesterday, today is day 2. Had some crazy dreams and am catching myself being a little grumpy. Cold turkey is definitely the way to go.

TheStig

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't smoke often, just bum cigs off friends sometimes. However, this weekend showed me that I need to even stop doing that. Went to a 5 keg party Saturday, probably smoked 5 cigs just in that night (was drinking obviously), and today during my workout, I felt that sh1t affecting me hardcore. Every time I went to take a deep breath, I just had this horrible feeling like my lungs couldn't expand all the way, almost as if I was dragging on a cig, and I'd get a little light headed. Damn that's enough to show me how no good comes of smoking.

twentee

Banned
Reaction score
just realize that tobacco use is moronic. if that doesn't fix it for you, then nature will wipe you out soon enough.